Dake Bible Discussion BoardPraying in the Spirit

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
brodave

Praying in the Spirit

Post by brodave »

I heard Dad Hagin saying Smith Wigglesworth said his secret to success was he prayed 2 hours in the Spirit every day.I wonder what would happen if all Pentecostal preachers would pray 2 hours every day in the Spirit. Starting tomorrow I will find out!!!

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Re: Praying in the Spirit

Post by victoryword »

brodave wrote:I heard Dad Hagin saying Smith Wigglesworth said his secret to success was he prayed 2 hours in the Spirit every day.I wonder what would happen if all Pentecostal preachers would pray 2 hours every day in the Spirit. Starting tomorrow I will find out!!!
Andrew Womack has been teaching a series on the benefits of praying in tongues on his daily television program. It has been pretty good so far. Actually, he has been teaching about "How to Find the Will of God" but his focus on the last several programs I have watched were about praying in tongues and then getting the interpretation. He has attributed this as a major part of the success of his ministry.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

brodave wrote:I heard Dad Hagin saying Smith Wigglesworth said his secret to success was he prayed 2 hours in the Spirit every day.I wonder what would happen if all Pentecostal preachers would pray 2 hours every day in the Spirit. Starting tomorrow I will find out!!!
Is there scripture on this? I believe in praying in the spirit. But is this a biblical statement?

Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by Watchman2013 »

I have to also jump on the bandwagon, asking if you all have anecdotal examples of the results to such a wonderful practice. Any such feedback would be greatfully appreciated. I'm, right now, watching the Andrew Womack series mentioned by victotryword, on ROKU, on Andrew Womack's channel. Great teacher, new to me...

Thanks to all...

Maranatha...

Watchman2013, out...

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.

brodave

Post by brodave »

Eph.6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.

Jude 20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost.

1Cor.14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is un fruitful.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Praying the spirit is important. However if you are praying 2 hours in the spirit I hope you are praying 4 hours with understanding. It is way too easy to shift the mind into neutral and allow the Holy Spirit to pray through us.

We MUST have our own relationship with God and that only comes through praying and listening. If we are busy praying in the spirit we aren't listening nor are we communicating with God it is the Spirit within us that is communicating with God. We MUST WE MUST pray in our natural language to build that communications.

Also as a Pastor I found the more I allowed myself to pray in the spirit the less I was able to pray aloud for people that needed prayer. When I prayed more in my natural tongue the more I was able to pray loud for people that sought me to pray over them.

I never prayed over anyone in the spirit unless I told them what I was praying because I was praying over them and if it as in tongues there was no way for them to know if they agreed or not.

brodave

Post by brodave »

praying continually in the Spirit is to build yourself up.Paul said in 1 Cor. 14:15 I will pray with understanding and I will pray in the Spirit. When I'm praying for myself or someone else I pray with understanding as for as what I know to pray according to the word, then I finish the prayer praying in tongues.