Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Coming Rapture

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ray

The Coming Rapture

Post by Ray »

The Scriptures Teach that when JESUS Comes for the Church (the Rapture) He will come at a time not known by mankind, as HE comes as a thief in the night.

A Question for those who think they have an "air-tight" case for a pre-trib rapture.
In the 2 Peter 3:9-10 passage as given below, As Our LORD Comes as a Thief to Rapture The Church "in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

In that above destuction of the heavens and the earth and a New Heaven and earth are presented in the verses which follow, How do you fit a 7 years of Tribulation into this Time ??

When JESUS Comes as a thief to Rapture The Church and the Heavens and the earth are destroyed and the New Heaven and Earth are not presented until AFTER a taught future 1000 year Millenium (Rev 21).

In what type of Heaven and Earth does this taught 7 year tribulation and future 1000 year Millenium take place in ???

Matthew 24:42-44
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

1 Thessalonians 5:2-4
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

2 Peter 3:9-10
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Revelation 16:15
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: The Coming Rapture

Post by branham1965 »

Hello Ray.

Are you a POST TRIBBER???

a fellow is on TBN and id imagine elsewhere named Irving Baxter.I saw him the other day explaining the post tribulation view to Paul Crouch Sr. and his son.
Dr.Baxter is very interesting.No i have not bought his 14 dvd series which he affirms is better than 3 years :turn-l: in Bible School.
i was -am pre trib because i was saved in a pretrib Church.my late dear Pastor taught us pre trib from the DAKE BIBLE.my late Pastor who i loved and miss to pain.... had a great love and burden for Israel.
I was blessed to be there with him in 1979.

I know the Lord is coming soon 1 Thess 4.i pray that we all here ...every single person who has ever been here ... be found not NAKED at His Appearing. :agrue: :agrue:
IF we miss the One flight out then we are in big trouble.
Ray wrote:The Scriptures Teach that when JESUS Comes for the Church (the Rapture) He will come at a time not known by mankind, as HE comes as a thief in the night.

A Question for those who think they have an "air-tight" case for a pre-trib rapture.
In the 2 Peter 3:9-10 passage as given below, As Our LORD Comes as a Thief to Rapture The Church "in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

In that above destuction of the heavens and the earth and a New Heaven and earth are presented in the verses which follow, How do you fit a 7 years of Tribulation into this Time ??

When JESUS Comes as a thief to Rapture The Church and the Heavens and the earth are destroyed and the New Heaven and Earth are not presented until AFTER a taught future 1000 year Millenium (Rev 21).

In what type of Heaven and Earth does this taught 7 year tribulation and future 1000 year Millenium take place in ???

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Ray

Post by Ray »

branham1965 wrote:Hello Ray.

a fellow is on TBN and id imagine elsewhere named Irving Baxter.I saw him the other day explaining the post tribulation view to Paul Crouch Sr. and his son.
Dr.Baxter is very interesting.No i have not bought his 14 dvd series which he affirms is better than 3 years :turn-l: in Bible School.
i was -am pre trib because i was saved in a pretrib Church.my late dear Pastor taught us pre trib from the DAKE BIBLE.my late Pastor who i loved and miss to pain.... had a great love and burden for Israel.

I know the Lord is coming soon 1 Thess 4.i pray that we all here ...every single person who has ever been here ... be found not NAKED at His Appearing. :agrue: :agrue:
Ray wrote:The Scriptures Teach that when JESUS Comes for the Church (the Rapture) He will come at a time not known by mankind, as HE comes as a thief in the night.

Hello Billy,
Above you wrote:
"IF we miss the One flight out then we are in big trouble."

Real Big Trouble, Because there will be Only One.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

RAY
What are the requirements to go out and not be in "Real Big Trouble"????
i have no idea of what denomination you are with and who you follow.im talking as far as your Pastors and Teachers etc.could you put your Churches statement of faith on here please ????

in Hebrews 9:27-28 Paul says Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many ;and unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

so then you believe all of the Plan is consummated in the one Coming of the Lord.is that right???

WHAT IS YOUR POSITION ON ISRAEL IN THE PLAN OF GOD SINCE ANNO DOMINI 33 OR 70 AD???

Ray wrote:

Hello Billy,
Above you wrote:

Ray

Post by Ray »

branham1965 wrote:RAY
What are the requirements to go out and not be in "Real Big Trouble"????
i have no idea of what denomination you are with and who you follow.im talking as far as your Pastors and Teachers etc.could you put your Churches statement of faith on here please ????

in Hebrews 9:27-28 Paul says Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many ;and unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

so then you believe all of the Plan is consummated in the one Coming of the Lord.is that right???

WHAT IS YOUR POSITION ON ISRAEL IN THE PLAN OF GOD SINCE ANNO DOMINI 33 OR 70 AD???

Ray wrote:

Hello Billy,
Above you wrote:

Brother Billy,
You ask: "What are the requirements to go out and not be in "Real Big Trouble"????
Salvation, Through the finished Work Of CHRIST in HIS first Advent.
"The Real Big Trouble" is the Wrath Of GOD which is the destuction of this world and the wicked mankind at the Next appearing of Our LORD.

You ask " i have no idea of what denomination you are with and who you follow.im talking as far as your Pastors and Teachers etc.could you put your Churches statement of faith on here please ????
Billy, I follow no denomination, Neither do I follow any man. I follow as I am led by the SPIRIT which I have been Blessed with.And The TRUTH of HIS WORD.
1 John 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Billy, you wrote: in Hebrews 9:27-28 Paul says Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many ;and unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Our LORD came Once in HIS First Advent and HE will Come again at which time The Plan is consummated.

You asked: "WHAT IS YOUR POSITION ON ISRAEL IN THE PLAN OF GOD SINCE ANNO DOMINI 33 OR 70 AD???

Billy I believe The Scriptures teach That GOD in The Old Covenant seperated a people unto HIMSELF, who was Israel. The Covenant of circumcision was made with this people as Our LORD set a seal in the flesh of the men of Israel.
It is through The HOLY SPIRIT GOD has sealed HIS people today, who is Spiritual Israel. It is the circumcision of the heart (Spiritually the removing of the flesh) that GOD has given all mankind who Accept HIS Redemption Plan the Mercy and Grace that even us who were sinners are made HIS Children, HIS People, HIS Israel.

Galatians 6:15-16
15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Galatians 3:28-29
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.