Dake Bible Discussion BoardDoes everything happen for a reason?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Does everything happen for a reason?

Post by Justaned »

branham1965 wrote::Fade-color what is a determinist???
thats a cool word.
victoryword wrote:
Justaned wrote: I'm not holding to anything much less determinism. I'm simply accepting scripture at face value.
You are a determinist through and through.
Billy
When you don't know what something means do a goole.com search on it.
Determinism is a metaphysical philosophical position stating that for everything that happens there are conditions such that, given those conditions, nothing else could happen. Wikipedia.com

davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Post by davido »

Justaned:

Nostradomus is often wrong. We should not adhere to the
soothsayers for information, but in viewing false prophets
occassionaly their predictions have relavance.

As I understood once, once a sin has been confessed
Satan cannot access it. I wold have to research this more.

Nonetheless, the Satanic realm has data. When the demons
saw the man tryng to cast out demons, they said
"We know Jesus , we know Paul, but we do not know you"
Bible prophecy is 100% accurate and demonis predictions are
seldom right, but alas they have knowledge as they perceive
it thru their demonic heirarchy. They cannot read our
minds as does God, but they do observe us to decieve us.
No doubt demons are of the spirit of error causing them
faulty, twisted logic, but the warlocks whom are fallen
angels have intelligence and no limitations of what they
are able to observe. I doubt in the scripture you quote
if the collective demons knowing Jesus was near, had
much choice for they had no where else to be then
whom they inhabited. They are of error in their thinking.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Thanks REVED.
i never heard that term.thank you.PAX -AGAPE.
Justaned wrote:
branham1965 wrote::Fade-color what is a determinist???
thats a cool word.
victoryword wrote:
Justaned wrote: I'm not holding to anything much less determinism. I'm simply accepting scripture at face value.
You are a determinist through and through.
Billy
When you don't know what something means do a goole.com search on it.
Determinism is a metaphysical philosophical position stating that for everything that happens there are conditions such that, given those conditions, nothing else could happen. Wikipedia.com

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

davido wrote:As I understood once, once a sin has been confessed
I once saw a big name evangelist (and no Bibleman I will not name him) that stood on the platform and called a precious Godly woman to the platform with him. He then proceeded to "read her mail" as was the common saying in church at the time. This woman was saved and lead many many to the Lord. She was a true prayer warrior and carried her Bible everywhere. I'm sure she was saved.

Yet on the platform this "evangelist" told of her sneaking her daddy's wine so she and her then boyfriend could drink it. She had been married about 40 years at the time. It was cute and she sort of ducked her head as she leaned forward to look at her husband almost saying we were caught. Everyone cheered and rave about how this 'evangelist" do such a thing.

I got to my feet and got out of there, this man was moving in familar spirits. Scripture says that once we are in Christ our sins as far from God's memory as the east is from the west.
Psalm 103:12 (NKJV)
12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

Isaiah 43:25 (NKJV)
25 "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins.

Hebrews 10:17 (NKJV)
17 then He adds, "Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."

If scripture be true and I know it is then the only explanation of what told this "Evangelist" what this sweet lady had done 40 years ago was a familar spirits.

As people left that night you could her them talking about what a Godly man this man was, how he healed people, how he knew what people were thinking and past transgressions. This man was not of God. You see the people said HE healed people, not God healed people. He was carefully claiming the credit and even though he said God did it, he managed to focus people on to his ability. Many fall for his ploy and few picked up on the fact that he moved in familiar spirits.

If you talk to people today they will tell you Brother x is a great man of God he has healed many, told many of their past sins and was a great preacher.
This man never healed a person, and his ability to tell of past sins can only be familiar spirits.And he preaches the same sermons over and over and has learned to perfect them.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

Google is ok for general stuff; not so much for how words are used in Christian discussion.

Determinism in Christian doctrine is not a metaphysical concept. It is the belief that absolutely nothing ever happens, or can ever happen, that God did not decree to happen and render certain. Even sin, evil, the suffering of the innocent . . . all are part of God's great blueprint and everything in that blueprint is willed by him. Every event of history, every aspect of our lives, unfolds according to the blueprint. And nothing can change it.

This is why someone like John Piper can preach a message called "Don't Waste Your Cancer", in which he tries to show that if you have cancer it's from God and has a good purpose. What's the good purpose? God's glory.

The biblical alternative is preferable.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

REVED
all my respect....but WHY can you not tell us who this is???or the others ???it drives me plumb crazy.
Ministers HAVE misused the gifts.some have gotten into bizarre realms.some in the big ditch. :agrue:
BUT THE LORD HAS HIS CHOSEN FEW WHO ARE RIGHT.NOT LIKING A MINISTERS TOUPEE OR SOUTHERN TWANG IS NOT REASON TO WRITE HIM OFF!!!!

SAINT PAUL NAMED NAMES.HE NAMED BUZZARDS BY NAME.EXCEPT ONCE. :|

quote="Justaned"]
I once saw a big name evangelist (and no Bibleman I will not name him) that stood on the platform and called a precious Godly woman to the platform with him. He then proceeded to "read her mail" as was the common saying in church at the time. This woman was saved and lead many many to the Lord. She was a true prayer warrior and carried her Bible everywhere. I'm sure she was saved.

Yet on the platform this "evangelist" told of her sneaking her daddy's wine so she and her then boyfriend could drink it. She had been married about 40 years at the time. It was cute and she sort of ducked her head as she leaned forward to look at her husband almost saying we were caught. Everyone cheered and rave about how this 'evangelist" do such a thing.

I got to my feet and got out of there, this man was moving in familar spirits. Scripture says that once we are in Christ our sins as far from God's memory as the east is from the west.
12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

25 "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins.

If scripture be true and I know it is then the only explanation of what told this "Evangelist" what this sweet lady had done 40 years ago was a familar spirits.

As people left that night you could her them talking about what a Godly man this man was, how he healed people, how he knew what people were thinking and past transgressions. This man was not of God. You see the people said HE healed people, not God healed people. He was carefully claiming the credit and even though he said God did it, he managed to focus people on to his ability. Many fall for his ploy and few picked up on the fact that he moved in familiar spirits.

If you talk to people today they will tell you Brother x is a great man of God he has healed many, told many of their past sins and was a great preacher.
This man never healed a person, and his ability to tell of past sins can only be familiar spirits.And he preaches the same sermons over and over and has learned to perfect them.[/quote]

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

branham1965 wrote:REVED
all my respect....but WHY can you not tell us who this is???or the others ???it drives me plumb crazy.
Ministers HAVE misused the gifts.some have gotten into bizarre realms.some in the big ditch. :agrue:
BUT THE LORD HAS HIS CHOSEN FEW WHO ARE RIGHT.NOT LIKING A MINISTERS TOUPEE OR SOUTHERN TWANG IS NOT REASON TO WRITE HIM OFF!!!!

SAINT PAUL NAMED NAMES.HE NAMED BUZZARDS BY NAME.EXCEPT ONCE. :|

quote="Justaned"]

This man never healed a person, and his ability to tell of past sins can only be familiar spirits.And he preaches the same sermons over and over and has learned to perfect them.
[/quote]

Billy
Paul was obviously lead of the spirit to name names I'm not. To name this person serves no purpose. If people go and listen to him without discernment and fall for his antics, all that would happen if I named him would be for people to tell me how wrong I am. So what is the point?

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:Justined, is it fair to say that you believe God has determined many things including the main storyline of the Bible but has left the majority of the events of peoples' everyday life alone??

Personally, this is what I believe. I'd say it's a combo. God sets things up in your life where you are left to your free will to pick one of several paths.
Dolph
I think God has determined to let man decide for himself what course he would follow. However God also has a plan that God incorporates man's decisions into. God doesn't mandate those decisions but because God knows what they are God can then incoporate them into God's plan to accomplish what God's desires.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
dolph wrote:Justined, is it fair to say that you believe God has determined many things including the main storyline of the Bible but has left the majority of the events of peoples' everyday life alone??

Personally, this is what I believe. I'd say it's a combo. God sets things up in your life where you are left to your free will to pick one of several paths.
Dolph
I think God has determined to let man decide for himself what course he would follow. However God also has a plan that God incorporates man's decisions into. God doesn't mandate those decisions but because God knows what they are God can then incoporate them into God's plan to accomplish what God's desires.
Hi Justaned,

Above you said: "...God also has a plan that God incorporates man's decisions into. God doesn't mandate those decisions but because God knows what they are God can then incorporate them into God's plan to accomplish what God's desires."

Based on what you have said God's Plan is contingent on what man decides as according to your statement: "because God knows what they are God can then incorporate them into God's plan to accomplish what God's desires."

Is this what you meant to say?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:

Dolph
Hi Justaned,

Above you said: "...God also has a plan that God incorporates man's decisions into. God doesn't mandate those decisions but because God knows what they are God can then incorporate them into God's plan to accomplish what God's desires."

Based on what you have said God's Plan is contingent on what man decides as according to your statement: "because God knows what they are God can then incorporate them into God's plan to accomplish what God's desires."

Is this what you meant to say?
God's plan is not contingent, it simply incorporates man's decisions into it.