Dake Bible Discussion BoardDID Judas love Jesus???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

DID Judas love Jesus???

Post by branham1965 »

I was just listening to Dr.Sumrall teaching .and he made a comment about Judas.
he said he had loved the Lord once.because he hung himself over the betrayal.
it hit me between the eyes.
it was said in a way i have not heard it.
its mind boggling.

could Judas have repented or had he crossed the deadline???

in the Passion of The Christ (a very sobering heartbreaking movie)Judas is harrassed by devils before he kills himself.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: DID Judas love Jesus???

Post by Ironman »

Hi Billy. As You know, Judas was once a saved man? He had the Holy Spirit and power like the other apostles and was a sucessfull preacher and healer like them (Matt. 10:1-20; Mark. 6:6-13). He had his name written in the book of life in Heaven as proved by Acts 1:20. It is written in the Pasals that Judas was called a familiar friend to Jesus; "Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me." (Psalms 41:5).
In Mark 6:7-13 we read that the twelve, Judas Included, went "forth two by two . . . and preached that men should repent. And they Judas Included, cast out many devils, and anointed with oli many that were sick and healed them."
This proves that Judas was a divinely efficient man, a sucessfull preacher and endued with power to heal. If he was not a saved man and if he could have all these experiences and do thses miricles as a sinner, then it would seem that Christians who claim to be saved regardless of what they do should be able to do as much as Judas did. Also it would be going too far to accuse Jesus Christ of choosing an unsaved man to preach repentance and holiness, to heal the sick, to cast out devils, and to represent the Kingdom of God among men.

The Holy Spirit through Luke records that Judas "By Transgression Fell" (Acts 1:15-25). If men would be as anxious to believe the Holy Spirit as they are to believe men, and if they would be as anxious to believe all Scriptures as they claim to believe somethey would show some consistency and honesty regarding the whole Word of God. Judas not only had a moral fall but sin caused it. He was not alwas a "devil" and a "thief." He became both after he had been saved for some time. His weakness was the love of money and this caused his fall, "This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein." (John 12:6), "And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money." (Luke 22:5). He had seen Christ escape many timesand he no doubt thought the Lord would escape again and he would be the richer. it was not untill the end of Christs ministry that Judas began to pilfer and to grow cold in his love of Christ. At the last supper he became united with the devil. He broke with Christ and saught opportunity to betray Him.

Judas was sorry afterwards for his betrayal "Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that." (Matt. 27:3-5). He could have been forgiven as much as any of the others who cursed, denied Christ, and fled like cowards in the test. But being of a disposition to do so, he brooded over his fall and yielded to temptation to commit suicide. Judas is a specific exampleof a New testament man who was once saved and in God's favour and grace but who by transgression fell, and because of his unrepented sin went to hell.

Taken from Dake: God Plan for man.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

hey Haz :scatter:
thanks mate.

i agree with the Reverend.

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

Kind of back to the understanding of the difference between Peter and Judas in repentance. One felt sorry and was grieved about what he had done but what drove that troubling of soul was being caught. Peter, however, was grieved to the core driven by the thought of hurting and committing treason against his Lord. Stark difference in outcomes. We may not see it on the outside because in the immediate they look the same to us but over time the fruit will be bore out.

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

The biggest question on most people's minds is, did God predestine Judas to betray Jesus?

Or, if you are an Arminian, do you believe that God knew before He ever created a single solitary thing that man would fall, Jesus would have to come, and Judas would betray Him (because God needed somebody to do the job)?

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:The biggest question on most people's minds is, did God predestine Judas to betray Jesus?

Or, if you are an Arminian, do you believe that God knew before He ever created a single solitary thing that man would fall, Jesus would have to come, and Judas would betray Him (because God needed somebody to do the job)?
Knowing and Predestining are two different things.

Jesus knew Judas would betray Him but God never predestined it.
John 6:64 (NKJV)
64 But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Reverend.
shalom.all respect here.
he seemed remorseful even despondent.not upset of being caught he returned the money a sign of repentance???COULD HE HAVE BEEN SAVED???
i have betrayed innocent blood.but it led him to going to the wrong tree. :arrow: dear God.my God.
he was one of the 12.12 chosen by the Lord.
had he sealed his doom at the Last Supper. :agrue: or at the Anointing of Jesus????he wanted that money.but that means he was being a crook of the treasury of the Son of God.
my question where was weeping Peter and the 10 at on Calvary???
your Lord is dying???were they not all gutless yellow betrayers???
Mary Magdala was LOYAL.John was LOYAL.and so was Jesus beloved mother Mary .She was in the Upper Room too and got the Holy Ghost on Pentecost.
ALL the rest ran and betrayed HIM like yellow bellies.
that entire Drama will echo the ages of ages.

i wonder what would i have done. :arrow:
Reuben wrote:Kind of back to the understanding of the difference between Peter and Judas in repentance. One felt sorry and was grieved about what he had done but what drove that troubling of soul was being caught. Peter, however, was grieved to the core driven by the thought of hurting and committing treason against his Lord. Stark difference in outcomes. We may not see it on the outside because in the immediate they look the same to us but over time the fruit will be bore out.

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

Agree with you to a certain extent Ed, but do you believe that John 6 is saying that Jesus knew from eternity past that Judas would betray Him, that God had this foreknowledge of Judas' actions before he was even born, or do you believe that the passage is saying that because Judas, at the time Jesus is talking, had already made up his mind to betray Jesus that this is why Jesus knew who would betray Him?

I know what I believe but I am interested in your thoughts and why you may believe what you do.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:Agree with you to a certain extent Ed, but do you believe that John 6 is saying that Jesus knew from eternity past that Judas would betray Him, that God had this foreknowledge of Judas' actions before he was even born, or do you believe that the passage is saying that because Judas, at the time Jesus is talking, had already made up his mind to betray Jesus that this is why Jesus knew who would betray Him?

I know what I believe but I am interested in your thoughts and why you may believe what you do.
It says from the beginning. What is the beginning? The beginning of time? The beginning of Jesus' ministry here on earth? Or the beginning of when Jesus picked the apostles. Evidence definitely tells us Jesus knew Judas would betray him at the time he picked Judas. However I think the beginning here is the beginning of time. Since God transcends time he saw Judas betrayal before Judas was born.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

NO I DONT MEAN HE EVER FOUND MERCY HE WENT TO HELL. :agrue: I CANT WRITE STRAIGHT.IM SORRY.
branham1965 wrote:Reverend.
shalom.all respect here.
he seemed remorseful even despondent.not upset of being caught he returned the money a sign of repentance???COULD HE HAVE BEEN SAVED???
i have betrayed innocent blood.but it led him to going to the wrong tree. :arrow: dear God.my God.
he was one of the 12.12 chosen by the Lord.
had he sealed his doom at the Last Supper. :agrue: or at the Anointing of Jesus????he wanted that money.but that means he was being a crook of the treasury of the Son of God.
my question where was weeping Peter and the 10 at on Calvary???
your Lord is dying???were they not all gutless yellow betrayers???
Mary Magdala was LOYAL.John was LOYAL.and so was Jesus beloved mother Mary .She was in the Upper Room too and got the Holy Ghost on Pentecost.
ALL the rest ran and betrayed HIM like yellow bellies.
that entire Drama will echo the ages of ages.

i wonder what would i have done. :arrow:
Reuben wrote:Kind of back to the understanding of the difference between Peter and Judas in repentance. One felt sorry and was grieved about what he had done but what drove that troubling of soul was being caught. Peter, however, was grieved to the core driven by the thought of hurting and committing treason against his Lord. Stark difference in outcomes. We may not see it on the outside because in the immediate they look the same to us but over time the fruit will be bore out.