Dake Bible Discussion BoardGreatest Old Testament Person???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Greatest Old Testament Person???

Post by branham1965 »

MOSES ..........is without peer in the Old Testament in my view.

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Re: Greatest Old Testament Person???

Post by Reuben »

branham1965 wrote:MOSES ..........is without peer in the Old Testament in my view.
He is definitely hard to beat Billy. Much to credit him in the plus column. As I think as I write this.... men of impeccable character stand out to me such as Joseph and Daniel.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Moses, Abraham, Noah, and David, who had a most personal intimate relationship with God. Another great man of the Old testament, Solomon. They are great because of their unwavering faith in God despite all their sins.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Simeon and Anna come to mind.

macca

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

I like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah. (Daniel and the three Hebrew Children).
What a testimony of Godly parents that raised these boys to honor and love God. We see in the a totally sold out love of God. Their trust in God goes beyond a concern for their lives. Remember when they did what they did their outcome was totally unknown to them scripture had not yet been written.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

hey REVED.
Elijah and Elisha.2 of the best.
the people feared the LORD and Samuel the Word says.i love Samuel.He wouldnt last long today would he???
i wonder if OPRAH would have him on with Joel Osteen and Rick Warren????
i envision him the last to come out.and he brings some suprise guests with him.Iran's leader and other opposers of Israel. and OPRAH expects all that boo boo kitty stuff she hears from the others and the man of God looks the platform over.then the audience.then he adresses the Israel haters and tells them as thy sword hath made women childless so shall thy mother be childless among women.SAMUEL pulls out his Sword of the LORD and hews them into pieces in front of everyone.cf 1 Sam 15.
hows that for love!!!!!!!!!!!
OPRAH passes out ....the audience scatters.
Justaned wrote:I like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah. (Daniel and the three Hebrew Children).
What a testimony of Godly parents that raised these boys to honor and love God. We see in the a totally sold out love of God. Their trust in God goes beyond a concern for their lives. Remember when they did what they did their outcome was totally unknown to them scripture had not yet been written.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

spot on Reverend.

Abraham was the father of all born new believers.
Moses was a very special man.Hebrews says so as does Acts 3.he was the most HUMBLE of men.and he had unlimited power with God.
Reuben wrote:
branham1965 wrote:MOSES ..........is without peer in the Old Testament in my view.
He is definitely hard to beat Billy. Much to credit him in the plus column. As I think as I write this.... men of impeccable character stand out to me such as Joseph and Daniel.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

He asked the LORD to take him...like Elijah.the people were a mess.

He "fell on his face" and prayed without ceasing.ive noticed when he did this its time to pay attention. :| :| SOMETHING BIG was going to happen.
God moved and killed Moses' opponents ....the earth itself would not tolerate them walking on it!!!!it ate up his enemies.they went alive into hell!!!!
He spent much of his time trying to reason with the people (knuckleheads like me) praying for the people.....INTERCEDING for them...SAVING them.He was the Antitypical Mediator.a type of the LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Charlton Heston played him quite well.

there was reverence in that movie.the old pictures had it.

graceforme
Hosea

Post by graceforme »

I always think of Joseph when I think of great men of the Old Testament. He was totally innocent when he was thrown in that pit and sold into slavery. He was put in prison for a crime he didn't even commit, and then left there, and forgotten for 2 years. He trusted God, even through the most adverse circumstances. He displayed forgiveness for his brothers, and even supplied them with food, not revealing his identity to them. There are so many great men in the Old Testament it's hard to pick just one. But, as I think of them, I think of Joseph first.

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance" Psalm 33:12

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel:
i think Joseph was awesome.i dont have his brains but when i was a few years younger...i was +pieface
Joseph had magnanimity of soul.he could have really let his brothers have it.
but he did not.
i still think MOSES is tops.

i like Elijah and Elisha all the Prophets.

as a Barber i would not joke with Elisha about his hair or lack therof :crazyeyes:
graceforme wrote:I always think of Joseph when I think of great men of the Old Testament. He was totally innocent when he was thrown in that pit and sold into slavery. He was put in prison for a crime he didn't even commit, and then left there, and forgotten for 2 years. He trusted God, even through the most adverse circumstances. He displayed forgiveness for his brothers, and even supplied them with food, not revealing his identity to them. There are so many great men in the Old Testament it's hard to pick just one. But, as I think of them, I think of Joseph first.