Dake Bible Discussion BoardGUIDE TO CHRISTIAN WORKERS

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

GUIDE TO CHRISTIAN WORKERS

Post by branham1965 »

this section of the DARB between the Testaments is an excellent help to the hungry believer.

if read and assimilated it can help one to be an effective CHRISTIAN AND SOUL WINNER FOR JESUS.

graceforme
Hosea

Re: GUIDE TO CHRISTIAN WORKERS

Post by graceforme »

I'm a little confused by one of the statements in that section. Number 3 says this: "Do not always attempt to prove truth or spiritual things.
(Isaiah 55:10-11)"

This is rather confusing for me. I was having a discussion with a homosexual very recently. How else could I have tried to lead him in the right direction if I didn't prove the truth using Scripture? Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

But I truly appreciate Number 15: "Do not permit one to lead you from one subject to another for the sake of argument." (2 Tim. 2:25)

And that is exactly what heppened to me during the above discussion. And it got pretty wacky. People who are living in sin and want to defend that sin can come up with all kinds of ways to sidetrack us. I will be on the alert from now on and make sure this doesn't happend again.

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance" Psalm 33:12

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

Since the caution points to Isaiah 55 I think it's saying we can just rely on God's word to work even when we cannot "win" an argument. God has promised it won't return void; I have no such assurance about even my best debating points!

graceforme
Hosea

Post by graceforme »

fatherfisher wrote:Since the caution points to Isaiah 55 I think it's saying we can just rely on God's word to work even when we cannot "win" an argument. God has promised it won't return void; I have no such assurance about even my best debating points!

I know exactly what you mean. Isn't there a Scripture that says we should always be ready with an answer for why we believe what we believe? But sometimes I fall so short in this area.

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance" Psalm 33:12

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

graceforme wrote:
fatherfisher wrote:Since the caution points to Isaiah 55 I think it's saying we can just rely on God's word to work even when we cannot "win" an argument. God has promised it won't return void; I have no such assurance about even my best debating points!

I know exactly what you mean. Isn't there a Scripture that says we should always be ready with an answer for why we believe what we believe? But sometimes I fall so short in this area.
Is this what you are looking for?

1 Peter 3:15 - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

graceforme
Hosea

Post by graceforme »

bibleman wrote:
graceforme wrote:

1 Peter 3:15 - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

This is it. Thanks. And I rest my case. I DO fall short many times. Have a blessed day.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

I ask the Lord to help me live the kind of a life that is an example, that will provoke people to question me. It doesn't have much to do with having to know how to explain why I believe what I believe doctrinally, so much as letting the fact that I work for a different Boss somehow show up in my day-to-day activities. People may just ask nothing more than "Why is it that you're not upset over this? or may only make a statement like "I am so depressed with this thing in my life", which opens a door for me to be able to respond "I probably would be too, except for a way I've discovered to have peace even in really hard circumstances..." and then let the Holy Spirit move the conversation along, or not.

It is funny how often people make comments which, in one way or another, have to do with the lack of hope they feel (in the government, their spouse, their kids, their job, their health, etc).

Be ready to give to every man an answer for that hope that you have.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i will never ever forget that verse.i had a Jehovah's Witness elder quote it to me out of their New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures when i was a teenager.
i know that i fall short too Linda.we if honest need the Good Lord's help and keeping power.
its only the Power of the Holy Ghost that helps us to be holy.
graceforme wrote:
bibleman wrote:
graceforme wrote:

This is it. Thanks. And I rest my case. I DO fall short many times. Have a blessed day.

graceforme
Hosea

Post by graceforme »

fatherfisher wrote:I ask the Lord to help me live the kind of a life that is an example, that will provoke people to question me. It doesn't have much to do with having to know how to explain why I believe what I believe doctrinally, so much as letting the fact that I work for a different Boss somehow show up in my day-to-day activities. People may just ask nothing more than "Why is it that you're not upset over this? or may only make a statement like "I am so depressed with this thing in my life", which opens a door for me to be able to respond "I probably would be too, except for a way I've discovered to have peace even in really hard circumstances..." and then let the Holy Spirit move the conversation along, or not.

It is funny how often people make comments which, in one way or another, have to do with the lack of hope they feel (in the government, their spouse, their kids, their job, their health, etc).

Powerful words. Always using opportunities to show that there's something different in your life. Maybe this is where I fall so short at times. I will now be looking for these kinds of opportunities to witness the love of Christ to those around me. Your insight is greatly appreciated.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i believe that you do father fisher. :angel: :angel: :angel:
fatherfisher wrote:I ask the Lord to help me live the kind of a life that is an example, that will provoke people to question me. It doesn't have much to do with having to know how to explain why I believe what I believe doctrinally, so much as letting the fact that I work for a different Boss somehow show up in my day-to-day activities. People may just ask nothing more than "Why is it that you're not upset over this? or may only make a statement like "I am so depressed with this thing in my life", which opens a door for me to be able to respond "I probably would be too, except for a way I've discovered to have peace even in really hard circumstances..." and then let the Holy Spirit move the conversation along, or not.