Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhen Christians Die of Cancer

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Re: When Christians Die of Cancer

Post by macca »

Why thankyou very kindly :mrgreen:

macca

DeafManHealing
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Post by DeafManHealing »

From KJV Dake's Study Bible Notes :

Saint Mark 9:14-29

Notes For Verse 24
a [Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief] A prayer that all can pray with great profit.
Notes For Verse 25
a [rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him] The disciples did this, but there is a difference in a rebuke of faith and power and one of unbelief. Jesus had conquered Satan and demons in the wilderness and was master of them, but this had not yet been done by the disciples (Mk. 9:29; Mt. 17:17- 21 cp. Acts 19:13- 16).
Notes For Verse 28
a [Why could not we cast him out?] Question 66. Next, Mk. 9:33. The answer, "Because of your unbelief" is always the correct one for questions like this (Mt. 17:20- 21). Instead of accepting this many modern followers have manufactured innumerable substitutes as excuses for the lack of power, such as, "it may not be God's will"; "you may be under the chastening of God"; "power to heal was for the apostles only"; "signs, gifts, and miracles ceased with the apostles"; "you may be exalted if God would hear your prayers"; "healing is not in the atonement"; "healing is not for all today"; etc.
Notes For Verse 29
a [kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting] Proving there are different kinds of demon spirits.

DeafManHealing

Post by DeafManHealing »

Notes For Verse 17
a [Master] Greek:didaskalos (G1320), teacher (Lk. 9:38).
b [dumb spirit] Not only a dumb spirit, but also a lunatic spirit (Mt. 17:15). A clear instance of the reality of demons and the cause of many physical maladies.
Ten Acts of the Demon:He Caused
1. A mute condition (Mk. 9:17, 25)
2. Deafness (Mk. 9:25)
3. Foaming at the mouth (Mk. 9:18, 20)
4. Fits (Mk. 9:18, 20, 26)
5. Gnashing of teeth (Mk. 9:18)
6. Pining away, lifelessness, complete exhaustion (Mk. 9:18, 26)
7. Prostrations (Mk. 9:20)
8. Suicidal tendencies (Mk. 9:22)
9. Screaming (Mk. 9:26)
10. Lunacy or insanity (Mt. 17:15)

DeafManHealing

Post by DeafManHealing »

Notes in Mark Chapter 7 :

Notes For Verse 32
a [deaf] Was made deaf by a demon (Mk. 9:25).
b [impediment in his speech] Tongue- tied, a stammerer (Mk. 7:35).
c [put his hand upon him] See note, Mt. 8:3.
Notes For Verse 33
a [And he took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue] Note seven things Christ did (Mk. 7:33- 34):
1. He took him aside from the people.
2. He put His fingers in his ears.
3. He spit on the ground.
4. He touched the tongue.
5. He looked up to heaven.
6. He groaned in the spirit, as translated in Rom. 8:23; 2Cor. 5:2, 4.
7. He commanded the ears to open.
Notes For Verse 34
a [Ephphatha] Aramaic for "be opened."
Notes For Verse 35
a [string] Greek:desmon (G1199), a band or chain (Lk. 8:29; Acts 16:26; 22:30). Also used of a binding by satanic power (Lk. 13:16). The string of the tongue was supernaturally cut and also the demon that bound the tongue was cast out. The person was perfectly healed and could now speak plainly and hear clearly in a moment of time. It was a great miracle.
Notes For Verse 36
a [charged them that they should tell no man:but the more he charged them, so much the more a great deal they published it] See note, Mt. 8:4.
Notes For Verse 37
a [He hath done all things well:he maketh both the deaf to hear, and the dumb to speak] A true statement (note, Mt. 13:58).

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Please reread the original article posted. It is an excellent article on a very difficult subject.

It is not anti healing.
Is it not anti faith.
It is not a faith stealer.
It is not anti scriptural.

It is a realistic look at something we can't explain why at times God heals people this side of heaven and other times waits until the step into heaven.

graceforme
Hosea

Post by graceforme »

Justaned wrote:Please reread the original article posted. It is an excellent article on a very difficult subject.

It is not anti healing.
Is it not anti faith.

It is a realistic look at something we can't explain why at times God heals people this side of heaven and other times waits until the step into heaven.

You are so right! And I thank you for re-directing us back to that original article. I don't know why it has become such a battlefield. But, if I remember right, there are those who make a battle out of anything that they can twist to their own interpretation of someone else's words. Maybe this was why I stopped posting a long time ago.

I don't know what it is like in your "neck of the woods", but here in NE Ohio we are enjoying beautiful sunshine this morning and I, for one, certainly appreciate it. Have a blessed day, wherever you are.

I'm just an imperfect person, serving a perfect Saviour!

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance" Psalm 33:12

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

graceforme wrote:
Justaned wrote:Please reread the original article posted. It is an excellent article on a very difficult subject.

It is not anti healing.
Is it not anti faith.

You are so right! And I thank you for re-directing us back to that original article. I don't know why it has become such a battlefield. But, if I remember right, there are those who make a battle out of anything that they can twist to their own interpretation of someone else's words. Maybe this was why I stopped posting a long time ago.

I don't know what it is like in your "neck of the woods", but here in NE Ohio we are enjoying beautiful sunshine this morning and I, for one, certainly appreciate it. Have a blessed day, wherever you are.

I'm just an imperfect person, serving a perfect Saviour!
:angel: I can understand why you stopped, both of your posts are 100% on target

DeafManHealing

Post by DeafManHealing »

Someone said to read the Dake notes. I did not realize this was a thread drift and yes need to get back on-topic. My profuse apologies on the thread drifting.

My point was that in my situation being at the school for the deaf, I have to wonder why some get healed while anothers die.

I guess I wanted to show you that you are not alone when you are wondering about healing or dying. That was a good article with many good responses. A difficult subject indeed.

ilsie

Post by ilsie »

One thing that I find 'strange' is that Christians can bad-mouth other Christians... No wonder James highliggted the destructive power of the tongue... So much for the 'body of Christ'...

Some thoughts to ponder regards the healing issue:
a) I wonder how many of those who express their emphatic opinions that lack of faith is the cause for lack of healing and ulimate death, have lost loved ones who did qualify... (It is pointless to add that obviously they have never been in that situation...)
b) Note: Paul - who healed so many, said these word in 2 Timothy 20 '...and I left Trophimus sick in Miletus.'
c) Consider Jesus' own words to Peter in John 21:18,19 18 'Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”
There is enormous depth here... Why would Jesus predict a state of poor and pathetic health to such a prominent apostle? God chooses what glorifies Him, how it gloroifies Him and in what circumstances He is glorified. I think there are 'secerts' that many of us miss or are not appointed to understand. God chooses what His perfect will and wisdom reveals and for the rest, we need to accept by faith that there are secret things that belong to Him only. (What mattered to Jesus was that Peter followed Him! And that should be our focus too!)
I do belive that we need to truly believe and not doubt and with the help of the Holys Spirit witin us abide and obey. But true faith goes beyond the desires of our hearts and even our deepest needs. It trusts God unconditionally acknowledging that He is sovereign...

Bible Basics
Proverbs

Post by Bible Basics »

Hi, Ilsie,

Interesting post.
ilsie wrote:c) Consider Jesus' own words to Peter in John 21:18,19 18 'Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”
There is enormous depth here... Why would Jesus predict a state of poor and pathetic health to such a prominent apostle? God chooses what glorifies Him, how it gloroifies Him and in what circumstances He is glorified. I think there are 'secerts' that many of us miss or are not appointed to understand. God chooses what His perfect will and wisdom reveals and for the rest, we need to accept by faith that there are secret things that belong to Him only. (What mattered to Jesus was that Peter followed Him! And that should be our focus too!)
I'm curious about what you said about Peter. I'd always thought that this referred to Peter being crucified. From what you wrote, I gather that you don't believe that. I'm interested in why.

Thank you.

Bible Basics