Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Book Of Revelation

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ray

The Book Of Revelation

Post by Ray »

Brothers,

A Question:
Do you guys believe that the events spoken of in the book of Revelation are
ALL to unfold in the Future ?
That this book speaks nothing of events that have occured in the past?

It Seems to be thought that I do not believe that the book of Revelation mentions future events, that I believe all events mentioned in this Great book have occured in the past.

Well that's not true concerning my interpretation of Revelation, as I believe that The Apostle John wrote about several visions he was given of The Church age. The period of time from JESUS' First Advent to just beyond HIS Second Advent. The Apostle was told by Our LORD to write the things which he (John)
had seen (PAST), the things which are (PRESENT), and the things which shall be hereafter (FUTURE).

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Re: The Book Of Revelation

Post by scottae316 »

Ray wrote:Brothers,

A Question:

It Seems to be thought that I do not believe that the book of Revelation mentions future events, that I believe all events mentioned in this Great book have occured in the past.

Well that's not true concerning my interpretation of Revelation, as I believe that The Apostle John wrote about several visions he was given of The Church age. The period of time from JESUS' First Advent to just beyond HIS Second Advent. The Apostle was told by Our LORD to write the things which he (John)
had seen (PAST), the things which are (PRESENT), and the things which shall be hereafter (FUTURE).
Hi Ray,

I guess almost everyone believes as you said, me excluded as I have not weighed in with my position nor do I intend to at present.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

scottae316 wrote:

A Question:

Hi Ray,

I guess almost everyone believes as you said, me excluded as I have not weighed in with my position nor do I intend to at present.
Thanks Scott for the reply.

I was going to respond... but right now at the present time I don't think I will! (smile)

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ray

Post by Ray »

bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:

A Question:

Hi Ray,

I was going to respond... but right now at the present time I don't think I will! (smile)
Hello Bibleman,
The reason why I asked is seems You think I have said something as to the Book of of Revelation ONLY speaking of past events.
as you wrote on another post:

"Others are trustworthy. If I wanted to know about Calvinism I would NOT ask me, I would ask Ed. If I wanted to know about Jesus Only, I would ask Billy, If I wanted to know about those who do not believe in the book of Revelation being future, I would ask Ray. "

Ray

Post by Ray »

Hello Brother Dolph,
above you wrote:
"The book is all future from C.4 on and in consecutive order with the exception of 7 or 8 parenthetical sections."

Do you view all of what is said about the 7 churches to be in the past ?

And do you view every event spoken of from Chapter 4 to 22 to all be in the future?

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Ray wrote: Hello Bibleman,
The reason why I asked is seems You think I have said something as to the Book of of Revelation ONLY speaking of past events.

"Others are trustworthy. If I wanted to know about Calvinism I would NOT ask me, I would ask Ed. If I wanted to know about Jesus Only, I would ask Billy, If I wanted to know about those who do not believe in the book of Revelation being future, I would ask Ray. "
When did I become the expert on Calvinism? I detest Calvinism which I only studied enough to know I detested it.

I have studied Calvin because it fascinates me how a person with little or not true theological training could/would write a book of theology 2 years after he decided that Jesus was the winning side. Try as I may I have never found a place where Calvin talks of being convicted of sin, repenting of his sin, seeking forgiveness, or conviction of the Holy Spirit. I do see where he claims he was elected, chosen of God, that he could not resist God's calling.

It seems to me that Bibleman who was raised up and studied in an institute of higher learning of Calvinism is the resident expert on Calvinism.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

im not Jesus Only Ray.i never was. :robot: i attended a Oneness Church. my Mother and i were divinely touched and helped there.
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:

A Question:

Hi Ray,

Hello Bibleman,

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

alot of people from years ?? to Luther,Zwingli to the 1700-1900's into the 20th century BELIEVE there is a double application to those Chapters and we are in the Laodicean age right now. :robot:

dolph wrote:Ray, the seven churches of c. 2-3 could have double application. It certainly seems like we are in the Laodicean Church today.

C.4-22 are all future.

Ray, knowing how you love prophesy, I beg you to purchase Revelation Expounded, it's a GREAT book.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:im not Jesus Only Ray.i never was. :robot: i attended a Oneness Church. my Mother and i were divinely touched and helped there.
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:

A Question:

Hi Ray,

Hello Bibleman,

Billy,

Above you said: "im not Jesus Only Ray.i never was."

How can you say that Billy!

There is page after page ON THIS DAKE BOARD where you argued for the Jesus ONLY position. You know that.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ray

Post by Ray »

branham1965 wrote:im not Jesus Only Ray.i never was. :robot: i attended a Oneness Church. my Mother and i were divinely touched and helped there.
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:

A Question:

Hi Ray,

Hello Bibleman,

Hello Brother Billy,
I never said you were JESUS Only, Brother Leon mentioned somthing to that effect.