Dake Bible Discussion Boardis it a sin to be CREMATED???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Bible Basics
Proverbs

Re: is it a sin to be CREMATED???

Post by Bible Basics »

Justaned wrote:Seriously decomposition is the process of oxidation. The body when it dies begins to decompose or oxidize. Fire is accelerated oxidation so cremation is the simply an accelerated process of decomposition. End result is dust or ashes.
Thank you, Mr. Justaned.

This line of thought is really helpful, on this subject. Clears up the issue, in my opinion.

Bible Basics

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

scottae316 wrote:No
:angel: :angel: +highfive +hammer
that post was shorter than Reuben's shortest on here. :Fade-color :rainbow1:

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

I guess that begs the question what is a grave?

Is it a 6 ft hole in the ground? Or is it a mound of rocks piled up? Or is it a building? Or is it a cave? Or is it the ground the body parts are scattered when hit with a bomb. Or is it the fox hole where the soldier was sitting when hit with the flame thrower? Or is the water grave of ship wreak victims? Or the canvas bags sailors are buried in when they die at sea? Is it the crater created when a jet crashes to the ground? Or is the rubble of the World trade towers? Is it the sand of the desert where many have fallen never to be seen again? Or is it the mountains sides where hundreds have lost their lives and never be recovered? What exactly is a grave? Is it not the place where a Body lies decomposes and returns to the dust it started out as?

When Jesus returns to collect his saints I don't think He will only collect those that have been embalmed, laid in a casket and buried the under the ground.
The holding places of the saints be it water, mountain top, sands of the desert, shore of Normandy, winds that have carried ashes of someone or urns sitting on a mantle will open and give up those they hold.

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

Justaned wrote:I guess that begs the question what is a grave?

Is it a 6 ft hole in the ground? Or is it a mound of rocks piled up? Or is it a building? Or is it a cave? Or is it the ground the body parts are scattered when hit with a bomb. Or is it the fox hole where the soldier was sitting when hit with the flame thrower? Or is the water grave of ship wreak victims? Or the canvas bags sailors are buried in when they die at sea? Is it the crater created when a jet crashes to the ground? Or is the rubble of the World trade towers? Is it the sand of the desert where many have fallen never to be seen again? Or is it the mountains sides where hundreds have lost their lives and never be recovered? What exactly is a grave? Is it not the place where a Body lies decomposes and returns to the dust it started out as?

When Jesus returns to collect his saints I don't think He will only collect those that have been embalmed, laid in a casket and buried the under the ground.
The holding places of the saints be it water, mountain top, sands of the desert, shore of Normandy, winds that have carried ashes of someone or urns sitting on a mantle will open and give up those they hold.
:angel: There it is.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel:
scottae316 wrote:
Justaned wrote:I guess that begs the question what is a grave?

:angel: There it is.