Dake Bible Discussion Boardsin to have a beard

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

sin to have a beard

Post by branham1965 »

i was watching Frances and friends and they said some people think its a sin to wear a beard.i had never heard that.they dont believe that way.

also they are teaching that if a child's parents are lost the babies and little children will NOT go in the rapture.i have NEVER heard this before.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: sin to have a beard

Post by macca »

Looks like they make it up as they go....

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Orthodox Jews do not shave their face. They base this on their interpretation of Lev 19:27
Leviticus 19:27 (KJV)
27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

also the discussion came up on Jesus' hair.

how long would the Lord's hair be??? one said it would have been short because the Roman statues showed short hair.

ive wondered about some of the beautiful pictures of our Lord.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:also the discussion came up on Jesus' hair.

how long would the Lord's hair be??? one said it would have been short because the Roman statues showed short hair.

G-Day Billy. Good question mate. I read where scripture teaches its a shame for a man to have long hair.

"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" (1 Cor. 11:14).

Long hair is a glory and a covering for women not men.

"But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." (1 Cor. 11:15).

These Scripture being recorded in the Bible, I doubt Jesus would have had long hair as many icons show? That fake shroud of Turin also shows long hair on the face of the one depicted on it, another proof it is a fake.

And Scripture teaches Jesus had a beard.

"I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting." (Isa. 50:6).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Howdy Haz.

thanks much for the post.im aware of these verses(elder * used to tell me when it was time to get my ears lowered) but we can never hear them enough.the beard of Jesus :agrue:
the question is what is long hair on a man 2000 years ago.
all the movies show the Lord about shoulder or less length.my favorite picture of the Lord was done by Heinrich Hoffman.it depicts our Lord at 33 talking with the rich young ruler.
Brother Branham said in his Visions this picture looked like Jesus.
wow :scrambleup: the shroud.ive often wondered about that.ive seen programs on it.the Catholics sure fuss about it.
Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:also the discussion came up on Jesus' hair.

G-Day Billy. Good question mate. I read where scripture teaches its a shame for a man to have long hair.

"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" (1 Cor. 11:14).

Long hair is a glory and a covering for women not men.

"But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." (1 Cor. 11:15).

These Scripture being recorded in the Bible, I doubt Jesus would have had long hair as many icons show? That fake shroud of Turin also shows long hair on the face of the one depicted on it, another proof it is a fake.

And Scripture teaches Jesus had a beard.

"I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting." (Isa. 50:6).

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Yea'h, that shroud billy! I have seen it. Its definately fake. If people would only get hold of their Bibles and read it they would know about these things and not get caught up in all this idol and icon worship. You should have seen the poor duped people I saw bowing and scraping, trembling, some old women nearly nearly fainting, and kissing the enclosure holding the shroud, blessing themselves mumbling jibberish, as if they were in fact truly seeing Jesus Christ Himself. Its sad mate.

The shroud of Turin is like a bed sheet. Its one piece from head to toe. Jesus was wrapped in linen strips as the Scriptures teach, and His head was wrapped in a seperate napkin so that negates the shroud for a start. You probably know this anyway.

"Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself." (John 20:6-7).

I'm surprised the Roman Church hasnt ripped an ancient bed sheet into strips, turkied up an old napkin and said hey, we were wrong here's the real cloths!!!!!!!!! Their followers would probably believe that as well.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

hello mate.i was watching a show on the great reef over there.....

i actually know very little about the shroud.thanks for helping me.and i never knew that about the burial clothes.i thought they rolled up the bodies up ... again like we see in the movies.
were your people devout Haz??i wonder if macca's were.
my family and others i grew up with were nominal Catholics.other than my Great Grandmother from Italy.she prayed with me many times to receive Jesus or for healing etc.she was devastated when i got saved at 15.she said Minister not Priest in broken English...but God opened them all up.almost.
my uncle got saved in my old Church then got a burr and he left.my other uncle ..i gave him the RED GPFM.he loved it.underlined every page .he was preaching it to me.he was so excited!!
UNTIL he hit the chapter on Mystery Babylon and Romanism.then he put it down.i was crushed.that was about 35 years ago :agrue:
Ironman wrote:Yea'h, that shroud billy! I have seen it. Its definately fake. If people would only get hold of their Bibles and read it they would know about these things and not get caught up in all this idol and icon worship. You should have seen the poor duped people I saw bowing and scraping, trembling, some old women nearly nearly fainting, and kissing the enclosure holding the shroud, blessing themselves mumbling jibberish, as if they were in fact truly seeing Jesus Christ Himself. Its sad mate.

The shroud of Turin is like a bed sheet. Its one piece from head to toe. Jesus was wrapped in linen strips as the Scriptures teach, and His head was wrapped in a seperate napkin so that negates the shroud for a start. You probably know this anyway.

"Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself." (John 20:6-7).

I'm surprised the Roman Church hasnt ripped an ancient bed sheet into strips, turkied up an old napkin and said hey, we were wrong here's the real cloths!!!!!!!!! Their followers would probably believe that as well.

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

My sister's husbands dad is a pastor of some off-shoot pentacostal church, and they believe that about the children...She asked them to give her the scripture that says that, and all they told her was "trust us, it is in the Bible...just trust us".

I told her to never trust anyone, especially when they tell you it is in the Bible but will refuse to tell where....

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

Jay
2 Thessalonains

Post by Jay »

You guys may have forgotten that when a Jew took a vow as a Nazarite, he was not to cut his hair or shave his face. Numbers 6.

Numbers 6:5
All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head: until the days be fulfilled, in the which he separateth himself unto the Lord, he shall be holy, and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow.

Hebrews 10:35-36
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.