Dake Bible Discussion BoardGap Creationism

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Gap Creationism

Post by victoryword »

Just finished teaching a Bible study at our church on the gap between Genesis 1:1-2. However, a question came up about the idea of a preadamite race being on the earth before the chaos we find in verse 2. Although I have read Dake (who doesn't really say much of anything on this), Pember, Watchman Nee, and one or two other, so far the Biblical evidence seems to be a little thin.

Has anyone fully studied this and do you have any suggestions? I figured I'd come to the Dake board since and ask since Dake was one of the quintessential Gap creationists.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Gap Creationism

Post by macca »

Hello Victory, good to see you back,,, If you have Dake's God's Plan For Man book, you will find all you need in its chapters,,,no one else dose this subject like Dake..

macca

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

macca wrote:Hello Victory, good to see you back,,, If you have Dake's God's Plan For Man book, you will find all you need in its chapters,,,no one else dose this subject like Dake..

macca
HI Macca

Actually I read thoroughly through GPFM (and even quoted Dake tonight concerning how Tohu and Bohu are always judgment in the Bible), and I browsed through Another Place, Another Time, Another Man (which I know was not written by Dake but based on his teaching). These were helpful in dealing with the gap itself, but not much on the pre-adamite race.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

"Does the Bible say that Adam was the first man or were their humans before him?"

In 1 Cor. 15.45 the Bible does call Adam the "first man" and I would say that indicates he was the first human being. However, that in itself does not rule out the presence of other kinds of beings on the earth prior to the existence of human beings on earth.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Isa.14:12; could be a good place to start.

Which did weaken the nations

Macca

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:God told Kat Kerr in Heaven that there was a Gap between Gen. 1:1 and 1:2. (for those who believe that Christians have been to Heaven)
Editted to remove a comment that might be contentious, my bad

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

fatherfisher wrote:"Does the Bible say that Adam was the first man or were their humans before him?"

In 1 Cor. 15.45 the Bible does call Adam the "first man" and I would say that indicates he was the first human being. However, that in itself does not rule out the presence of other kinds of beings on the earth prior to the existence of human beings on earth.
Agreed and was pretty much my answer as well. The only issue is that I am reluctant to give a dogmatic presentation of a preadamite race without more Biblical proof than what I have found so far. The gap, for me, anyway, is easy to prove since there has been a lot of exegetical material on the subject (to include Dake who did a great job in showing the difference between Noah's flood and the flood of the gap). The preadamite race as advocated primarily by G. H. Pember, Watchman Nee and some others is a little more difficult.

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

macca wrote:Isa.14:12; could be a good place to start.

Which did weaken the nations

Macca
Could be referring to a nation of angels that had fallen, or it could be referring to the influence that Satan had on the prince of Tyre in which he used him to weaken the nations at the time the prophecy was given.

There is no doubt in my mind that Ezekiel 28 is describing the origin of Satan, but not sure if it helps in proving the pre-adamite thing.

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

dolph wrote:God told Kat Kerr in Heaven that there was a Gap between Gen. 1:1 and 1:2. (for those who believe that Christians have been to Heaven)
I fully believe that people have those visitations and enjoy reading about them/listening to them... well except for the ones who talk about HELL. If it is the way that so many have described it I am so glad to know that I am not going and am motivated to keep others from going.

Never read anything by Kat Kerr but her name keeps popping up on different forums that I visit. Interesting that God confirmed Gap creationism. For me, it is the only sensible answer to the problem of evil.

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

Hi!

Jeremiah 4:23-26 (KJV)
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

3. The mountains and hills have been moved and will yet be moved by earthquakes, but there never has been a time since Adam to this day, nor will there ever be a time from our day into all eternity that the earth has been or will be without a man, bird, or fruitful place, as seen by Jeremiah, and referred to in Jer. 4:25. Therefore, we are required by facts to associate Jer. 4:23-26 with the same time as that of Gen. 1:2; and we are made to realize that there were men, birds, and fruitful places on the earth before Adam's time that were destroyed by the flood of Gen. 1:2; 2Pet. 3:5-7.

Dake's Annotated Reference Bible.

4. The earth was created to be inhabited (Isa. 45:18); and it was inhabited from the beginning by man who lived in cities (Jer. 4:25-26), by nations (Isa. 14:12-14), and a social system, the members of which were mortal and therefore capable of being drowned (2Pet. 3:5-7); they were beings Adam could replace, for he was commanded to replenish the earth (Gen. 1:27-28). It is clear that the earth became desolate and empty after its original habitation of Gen. 1:1. That is, it was cursed as in Gen. 1:2, and later restored to a second habitable state and replenished as in Gen. 1:3 -- Gen. 2:25. Therefore, it is only logical to associate Jer. 4:23-26 of this book with Gen. 1:2 and agree that it was the original earth referred to in both passages.

5. One thing is certain -- Jer. 4:23-26 could not apply to the time of Noah, for at that time the heavens had lights, and there were men, birds, and fruitful places left on the earth after the flood; whereas, in the case of the curse brought upon the original earth, none of these things remained.

Therefore, if we rightly divide the Word of Truth we should associate Jer. 4:23-26 with Gen. 1:2 and 2Pet. 3:5-6, recognizing that there had been light, fixed mountains and hills, men, birds, fruitful places, and cities on the earth before this curse, and before Adam and the six-day work of restoration to a second habitable state as in Gen. 1:3 -- Gen. 2:25.

Dake's Annotated Reference Bible.