Dake Bible Discussion BoardHE WHO HINDERS

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: HE WHO HINDERS

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:
Justaned wrote:
dolph wrote:So, Ed, we're gonna grab a box lunch while arrayed in our linen garments and fight the Battle of Armageddon?
Dolph
I don't know but I know what I always thought was in scripture is not there.
Like I said read this passage and see if you can find where we sit down and eat.
Ed, step back from the forest for a minute and look at the big picture.

1. God has no reason to put His bride through Hell.

2. God has every reason to wrap things up with Israel and rebellious mankind using His wrath.

3. Seven years in Heaven serves a very practical purpose for the Church: meet Jesus, meet friends and relatives, see mansions, marriage supper of the Lamb, prepare for Battle of Armageddon, prepare for responsibilities in coming administration on Earth.
Dolph
Your logic seems flawless but it is still man's logic, scripture is silent here so we have to be careful not add to or subtract from it.
We can step back but the picture isn't fully revealed so we don't know and that is the problem, man has tried to complete the picture God partial revealed using man's logic and imagination and what we have produced is a picture that doesn't fully match the picture God has partially revealed.

Ray

Post by Ray »

A lesson of the Marriage Supper.

Matthew 22:
2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,

3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.

5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:

6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.

7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.

8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.

9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.

10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Justaned wrote:
dolph wrote:
Justaned wrote:
dolph wrote:So, Ed, we're gonna grab a box lunch while arrayed in our linen garments and fight the Battle of Armageddon?
Dolph
Like I said read this passage and see if you can find where we sit down and eat.

2. God has every reason to wrap things up with Israel and rebellious mankind using His wrath.

3. Seven years in Heaven serves a very practical purpose for the Church: meet Jesus, meet friends and relatives, see mansions, marriage supper of the Lamb, prepare for Battle of Armageddon, prepare for responsibilities in coming administration on Earth.
Dolph
Your logic seems flawless but it is still man's logic, scripture is silent here so we have to be careful not add to or subtract from it.
We can step back but the picture isn't fully revealed so we don't know and that is the problem, man has tried to complete the picture God partial revealed using man's logic and imagination and what we have produced is a picture that doesn't fully match the picture God has partially revealed.

Is it not exactly what you, Ed are implying with your post? that the bible is silent on this subject because you say so?

macca

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

macca wrote:
Justaned wrote:
dolph wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Dolph

Dolph

Is it not exactly what you, Ed are implying with your post? that the bible is silent on this subject because you say so?

macca

Macca
Okay using scripture only and keeping it in reasonable context show us where it says the church sits down and eats the marriage supper.

This passage in Rev
Revelation 19:7-21 (NKJV)
Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready." And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. Then he said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!' " And he said to me, "These are the true sayings of God." And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, "Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great." And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone. And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.
It begins talking of the banquet and instantly the scene shifts to Jesus leading His army in a great battle which end provides a great banquet to the carion of the world.

Macca the point I'm making is this, we aren't given full understanding of all of this. You and Dolph may very well be correct but the fact is scripture does not spell out what you and Dolph try to make it spell out. In effect you are adding to the word your own opinion using man's logic and reasoning both of which have been proven faulty by scripture over and over.