Dake Bible Discussion Boardantichrist of the 70 weeks

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ray

antichrist of the 70 weeks

Post by Ray »

Can one of you tell me Please, where is a future antichrist mentioned in these 4 verses Daniel 9:24-27 ??

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: antichrist of the 70 weeks

Post by Justaned »

Ray
Father fisher posted this today 12/29/2012 time stamped 11:48 in the thread on Scripture to back Doctrine
fatherfisher wrote:Can you tell me Please, where is a future antichrist mentioned in these 4 verses of Daniel 9:24-27

In verse 27: "He shall confirm a covenant with many for one week". As I have posted previously, the referent for "he" is "a prince who is to come" from the previous verse. It is that prince who is to come who will carry out the actions described in v.27.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Ray wrote:Can one of you tell me Please, where is a future antichrist mentioned in these 4 verses Daniel 9:24-27 ??
RAY,
WHEN you ignore simple honest questions...like Church affiliation who is your Pastor or Elders etc... it makes me think you might be a scamboogah. +wink +wink
it is your right to plead the 5th.when i did i nearly got my head chopped off. :shocked!:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

RAY :Fade-color :rainbow1: :scatter:
i like you because like USMC Gunny Hartman said +MarineGlobe +MarineFlag2 +usmc " you have guts and guts is enough."GO ON AND LET THESE LANDLUBBERS HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
they preach that stuff founded by Plymouth Brethren and Darby like its written in the stone!!!!
Scofield and Larkin got it going.in fact in the 1800's it was not prevalent until the Second Adventists and Russellites got it going.people hate Russell more than the Adventist so they REWRITE HISTORY AND IGNORE WHAT HE DID!!!!!actually PASTOR RUSSELL was its biggest expositor.he was in every newspaper thousands of sermons going out!!!!
Dr.ETHELBERT :flasingsmile: :flasingsmile: Bullinger also was into it.

do you like Kim Riddlebarger??? :|

"oh i wasn't quite as sick((dumb in my case +wink )) as i let on." Doc Holliday to Wyatt Earp

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

branham1965 wrote:
Ray wrote:Can one of you tell me Please, where is a future antichrist mentioned in these 4 verses Daniel 9:24-27 ??
RAY,
WHEN you ignore simple honest questions...like Church affiliation who is your Pastor or Elders etc... it makes me think you might be a scamboogah. +wink +wink
it is your right to plead the 5th.when i did i nearly got my head chopped off. :shocked!:
MY EDIT
I GOT TO THINKIN' :shocked!: +goofy AND DAGGONE IT I LIKE WHAT YOU DO.STANDING UP FOR YOURSELF AGAINST ALL THESE ....DPMS!!!!! WAR RAY!!!!!

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

"...they preach that stuff founded by Plymouth Brethren and Darby like its written in the stone!!!!
Scofield and Larkin got it going.in fact in the 1800's it was not prevalent until the Second Adventists and Russellites got it going"

If you're talking about the idea of the Daniel's 70th week being a distinct interval of time in the future when the Antichrist will both make and break a covenant with Israel, your timing is a little off; this was taught as early as the 2nd/3rd centuries AD.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

PADRE :smilecolros:
what you are saying is what i have believed all my life ....... well at least from 1975 until now.
my point is people did NOT believe that common teaching 150 years ago like they do now!!!!
ive read that Spurgeon himself was not sold on it.is this true???

fatherfisher wrote:"...they preach that stuff founded by Plymouth Brethren and Darby like its written in the stone!!!!
Scofield and Larkin got it going.in fact in the 1800's it was not prevalent until the Second Adventists and Russellites got it going"

If you're talking about the idea of the Daniel's 70th week being a distinct interval of time in the future when the Antichrist will both make and break a covenant with Israel, your timing is a little off; this was taught as early as the 2nd/3rd centuries AD.

Ray

Post by Ray »

branham1965 wrote:
RAY,
Hello Billy,

This is the third time I Post this, Since Bibleman's mass Deletion a few months back.

Branham,
I was born into a Strict Catholic home, went to a Catholic elementry school,learned and practiced the Catholic Religion as a child. I always had a hunger for the LORD and when I was about 15 I started to read and study the Bible outside of school and study on my own, well It didn't take long before I realized most of what I was taught by the Catholic Church and School was Unbiblical and actually contrary to what the Scriptures Teach. At 17 I asked The LORD to take over my life ,to mold me into what HE intended for mankind to be. At that time I had a life changing expirience.The LORD JESUS came into my life and Changed me from the inside through HIS SPIRIT workng in me, It was real tough at first being in my upper teen years I found myself in the ditch of life many times, But evey time My LORD would pick me up dust me off and put me back on the road to seeking HIM and growing SPIRITUALLY.

As I grew older I couldn't get enough of HIS WORD as I was always Hungry for the Truth of The WORD , I left the Catholic Church and went to and belonged to an Assembly Of GOD Church for some time and have since moved to a nondenominational Church.

I have read and own many Bible commentaries, And the more I read from writers such as C.I. Scofield, Dwight Moody, Jimmy Swaggart, John Hagee, and such I realized (no Offence intended) their teachings on Eschatology was not what I was seeing in the Scriptures. As I began to read and buy some of the Older commentaries on Scripture I found these guys who wrote before the 1800's spoke of the same things I had been seeing in the Scriptures concerning Eschatology, Men such as John Wycliff, Matthew Henry, Jonathan Edwards, Cotton Mathers, John Wesley, John Calvin, Charles Hodge, Marvin Vincent, John Lightfoot, These are some of the Books I read today when I am not reading the Scriptures, I read and own several translations of the Bible, but again I find the older ones to be the most acurate. And I always read and study from a word for word translation, and never a thought for thought translation.

Favorite Ministers, I don't have any. Most all of the televagalists I see today (I think) are completely lost, as many teach another JESUS other than what the Scriptures teach. and many are of the falling away spoken of in 2 Thess 2:3. Many worshiping Mannon and the things of this World, getting rich and don't even know The True GOD.

I've been Filled with The Spirit for 34 years now, And I will always Hunger for Our LORD and HIS WORD.

You asked in a post "do you like Kim Riddlebarger???"

Yes, I think much of Kim's teachings (writings) line up with what is Clearly Presented in The Scriptures.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

". . . my point is people did NOT believe that common teaching 150 years ago like they do now!!!!

OK I get it now, sorry I misunderstood.

"ive read that Spurgeon himself was not sold on it.is this true???"

Because he was such a towering figure of Victorian England ol' Spurgeon gets quoted by pretty much all sides of the issue! I certainly am not an authority on the man, but in my study of his convictions on the matter, I would say he is clearly premillennial but believed the rapture would come after the tribulation (though he doesn't mention the rapture much at all). He did envision a great time of trouble for mankind prior to the return of Christ, and that believers would be joyfully living through that time as they looked forward to His coming.

He certainly was not a fan of the prophetic speculation happening in his own time (many Christians taught that Napoleon was the Antichrist and that Jesus would return in 1866); in Lectures to My Students he commented:

"O that Christ crucified were the universal burden of men of God. Your guess at the number of the beast, your Napoleonic speculations, your conjectures concerning a personal Antichrist —forgive me, I count them but mere bones for dogs; while men are dying, and hell is filling, it seems to me the veriest drivel to be muttering about an Armageddon at Sebastopol or Sadowa or Sedan, and peeping between the folded leaves of destiny to discover the fate of Germany."

Yet that didn't stop him from linking the Papal system with the Antichrist, or believing in the restoration of the Jewish people to Palestine.

Ray

Post by Ray »

fatherfisher,

How do you feel about "linking the Papal system with the Antichrist" ???