Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Everlasting FATHER

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

The Everlasting FATHER

Post by branham1965 »

ISAIAH 9 :5
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:and the government shall be upon his shoulder:AND HIS NAME SHALL BE CALLED:
WONDERFUL
COUNSELLOR
THE MIGHTY GOD :flasingsmile: :scatter: :Fade-color :scrambleup: "The Mighty God even the LORD (GOD) hath spoken.and called the earth from the the rising of the sun to the going down."Psalm 50:1 :rainbow1: :Fade-color
THE EVERLASTING F-A-T-H-E-R :scatter: :scrambleup: :Fade-color
THE PRINCE OF PEACE

"Behold a virgin shall be with child and shall bring forth a sonthey shall call his name Emmanuel which being interpreted is GOD WITH US :| :| Matthew 1:23

+manger +manger +manger +manger +manger +manger +manger

THAT is what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown.

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Re: The Everlasting FATHER

Post by scottae316 »

branham1965 wrote:ISAIAH 9 :5
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:and the government shall be upon his shoulder:AND HIS NAME SHALL BE CALLED:
WONDERFUL
COUNSELLOR
THE MIGHTY GOD :flasingsmile: :scatter: :Fade-color :scrambleup: "The Mighty God even the LORD (GOD) hath spoken.and called the earth from the the rising of the sun to the going down."Psalm 50:1 :rainbow1: :Fade-color
THE EVERLASTING F-A-T-H-E-R :scatter: :scrambleup: :Fade-color
THE PRINCE OF PEACE

"Behold a virgin shall be with child and shall bring forth a sonthey shall call his name Emmanuel which being interpreted is GOD WITH US :| :| Matthew 1:23

+manger +manger +manger +manger +manger +manger +manger

THAT is what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown.
:angel: :-D

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

I like what Dake says about the verse.
Five Names of the Messiah

1. Wonderful. Hebrew: pele' (HSN-<H6382>), a miracle; a marvelous thing; wonderful. Translated wonder (Isa. 29:14; Ex. 15:11; Ps. 77:11-15; 88:10-12; 89:5; Dan. 12:6); wonderful (Isa. 9:6; 25:1; Ps. 119:129); wonderfully (Lam. 1:9); and marvelous things (Ps. 78:12).

2. Counsellor. Hebrew: ya`ats (HSN-<H3289>), advise; consult; to deliberate; guide. Translated "counsellor" 22 Times. This name expresses the idea that He is the Supreme Counselor -- the one who is qualified to give counsel and advice to all created beings.

3. The mighty God. Hebrew: gibbowr (HSN-<H1368>), powerful; mighty; strong; champion; chief, and 'El (HSN-<H410>), Almighty; the Strong One. It literally means the Mighty Almighty, or the conquering God. One of many places where the Messiah is called "God" (Isa. 9:6; Jn. 1:1; 20:28; Rom. 9:5; 1Tim. 3:16; Heb. 1:8; 1Jn. 5:20).

4. The everlasting Father -- the Father of eternity; the Planner of the ages; and Father of all time (Heb. 1:2). It does not mean that Jesus the Messiah is the one known as God, the Father, the first person of the Trinity, for He is another person. See The Trinity.

5. The Prince of Peace -- the Peaceful Prince. He shall promote and increase His government and peace without wars (Isa. 9:6; 2:2-4).

Dake's Annotated Reference Bible.
The word "father" actually means source, sustainer, nourisher... that is why it is put in this verse. Jesus being the source of, sustainer of, etc, because all things created were created through him.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i say this with respect to you Reverend.I hope you know that. :agrue:
How many Everlasting Father's are there??? Are there TWO now???
Either Jesus is "the One known as God" or He is not!!!!1 Tim 3:16 says God was manifested in the flesh...God with us ...the Word was God.The Mighty God is the LORD Jehovah!!!
"And they stoned Stephen CALLING UPON GOD AND SAYING LORD JESUS RECEIVE MY SPIRIT.AND HE KNEELED DOWN AND CRIED WITH A LOUD VOICE SAYING LORD LORD LAY NOT THIS SIN TO THEIR CHARGE.AND WHEN HE SAID THIS HE FELL ASLEEP. ACTS 7:59-60. 2 COR 12:8 PAUL BESOUGHT THE LORD THRICE.
He besought the Lord Jesus read the next verse in RED in my DARB. :shocked!:
NOW EITHER STEPHEN AND PAUL ARE MISSING IT SOMEHOW ....OR WE ARE. :| :| :|

The Apostle's Creed by Saint Paul is given in Ephesians 4.There are three manifestations or dispensations of God Brother Branham said.1 John 5:7 He says the Three in Heaven ARE ONE.
NOT AGREE IN ONE as taught in verse 8.

Reuben wrote:I like what Dake says about the verse.
Five Names of the Messiah

1. Wonderful. Hebrew: pele' (HSN-<H6382>), a miracle; a marvelous thing; wonderful. Translated wonder (Isa. 29:14; Ex. 15:11; Ps. 77:11-15; 88:10-12; 89:5; Dan. 12:6); wonderful (Isa. 9:6; 25:1; Ps. 119:129); wonderfully (Lam. 1:9); and marvelous things (Ps. 78:12).

2. Counsellor. Hebrew: ya`ats (HSN-<H3289>), advise; consult; to deliberate; guide. Translated "counsellor" 22 Times. This name expresses the idea that He is the Supreme Counselor -- the one who is qualified to give counsel and advice to all created beings.

3. The mighty God. Hebrew: gibbowr (HSN-<H1368>), powerful; mighty; strong; champion; chief, and 'El (HSN-<H410>), Almighty; the Strong One. It literally means the Mighty Almighty, or the conquering God. One of many places where the Messiah is called "God" (Isa. 9:6; Jn. 1:1; 20:28; Rom. 9:5; 1Tim. 3:16; Heb. 1:8; 1Jn. 5:20).

4. The everlasting Father -- the Father of eternity; the Planner of the ages; and Father of all time (Heb. 1:2). It does not mean that Jesus the Messiah is the one known as God, the Father, the first person of the Trinity, for He is another person. See The Trinity.

5. The Prince of Peace -- the Peaceful Prince. He shall promote and increase His government and peace without wars (Isa. 9:6; 2:2-4).

Dake's Annotated Reference Bible.
The word "father" actually means source, sustainer, nourisher... that is why it is put in this verse. Jesus being the source of, sustainer of, etc, because all things created were created through him.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

IF WE READ the Acts of the Apostles we see Jesus being adressed differently than some here think its ok to do. :scrambleup:

Paul both heard from and spoke with the LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!!!see Acts 9.Ananias both heard and spoke to the LORD JESUS CHRIST!!! :scatter: :Fade-color
Chapter 23 Paul spoke to and heard from the LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

God did not become the Father untill Jesus was begotten by Him.

God is the father of mankind because He created the 1st two, He did not beget them.

Anyone can be the father of someting as the originater of it.

Jesus is the father of the new testament church as He kicked it off, as such it is normal to address Jesus in our dicussions on matters of His church.

Jesus has been given ALL POWER AND AUTHORITY by God to the church so why do we want to go above His head and address His Father on church matters?

macca

brodave

Post by brodave »

The Father is Lord but not the Son or Holy Spirit;The Son is Lord but not the Father or The Holy Spirit;The Holy Spirit is Lord but not the Father or the Son.

Acts 7:55 But he,being full of the Holy Spirit,looked up stedfastly into heaven,and saw the glory of God ,and Jesus standing on the right hand of God.

The Holy Spirit was in Stephen,The Father was in heaven with Jesus at His right hand.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

"..thou O LORD art our FATHER OUR REDEEMER THY NAME IS FROM EVERLASTING." IS 63:16
"But now thou O LORD art our FATHER ." IS 64:8
"A son honoureth his father and a servant his master if then i be a FATHER where is my honour???And if i be a master where is my fear saith the LORD of Hosts unto you..."Mal 1:6 :Fade-color :rainbow1: +wink
macca wrote:God did not become the Father untill Jesus was begotten by Him.

God is the father of mankind because He created the 1st two, He did not beget them.

Anyone can be the father of someting as the originater of it.

Jesus is the father of the new testament church as He kicked it off, as such it is normal to address Jesus in our dicussions on matters of His church.

Jesus has been given ALL POWER AND AUTHORITY by God to the church so why do we want to go above His head and address His Father on church matters?

macca

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

one Preacher and publisher of a Gospel paper said in effect
why pray to the second best when we can go to God Himself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHAT RUBBISH!!!!!
you see he does NOT believe in the DEITY OF CHRIST!!!
i wrote and told him so.im still waiting for him to respond.its been well over a decade. +pieface
Kenneth Copeland said the Lord told him he never claimed to be God on earth.that does not line up with the WORD OF GOD!!!!
i remember when i was younger he was preaching that idiocy about Satan torturing Jesus in hell.and God in heaven screamed enough let him go!!!!
he said that the Father raised him from hellfire torture called him God ....its rubbish!!!!

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

John 8:16 (KJV)
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

John 8:18 (KJV)
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

John 8:19 (KJV)
19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

I'm not sure how clear things need to be. When a person objectively reads these verses; what do they form in the mind as a picture?

1. does it paint the picture of one person?
2. or, does it paint the picture of two persons?