Dake Bible Discussion BoardCreflo Dollar says ask God John 14:13-14

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Creflo Dollar says ask God John 14:13-14

Post by branham1965 »

i just watched Creflo Dollar on TBN.

He was teaching ... " Step Four: Ask God according to John 14:13-14." :angel: :angel: :angel:

you see it dont need no fancy pants interpretation.it is clear as it could be.

:mrgreen: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

bibleman
Administrator

Re: Creflo Dollar says ask God John 14:13-14

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:i just watched Creflo Dollar on TBN.

He was teaching ... " Step Four: Ask God according to John 14:13-14." :angel: :angel: :angel:

Hi Billy,

Yes ask God the Father in Jesus Name!

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

This blows away Jesus Only teaching for sure.

Notice in verse 12 Jesus said he was going to his Father.

That statement would make no since if Jesus was the Father as Jesus Only folks teach.

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Creflo has some wonderful teaching on asking the Father in Jesus Name!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Billy, Jesus Himself refered to God as "Father" 181 times, and later the disciples called Him "Father" 78 times, and not once is He confused with, or called Jesus or the Holy Ghost, because Jesus distinguished between Himself and the Father 110 times; God the Father Himself did so ten times, demons did ten times and the disciples themselves later did 85 times, and not once did any of them confuse the Father and Son and Holy Ghost, or call the Son "The Father" or the "Holy Ghost."

They cannot be one and the same in any way. Jesus said I come in my Fathers name, "In my Fathers name" means by the authority of my Father (John 5:43; 10:25; 17:12); and "In My Name" means by the authority of my name (Mark 16:17; John 14:12-15, 26; 15:16; 16:23-26).

Here Jesus speaks of bearing witness of Himself and His Father who sent Him bears witness of Him also, "I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me." (John 8:18). THis would be impossible if they were one and the same person?

Here Jesus says He is returning to His Father wh Jesus said is greater than He himself is, "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." (John 14:28). If they are one and the same how could He say He was greater than Himself?????

Jesus, while on the Earth spoke of His Father being IN HEAVEN! "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." (Matt. 7:21 ; 10:32 ; 10:33 ; 16:17 ; 18:10 ; 18:19).

Jesus while on Earth called His Father His Heavenly Father, "So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses." (Matt.18:35).

If Jesus and the Father are one God, why doesn't Jesus know the answer to this question, when will the end be? "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." (Matt. 24:36). He says here only His Father knows.

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" (Matt. 25:34). Notice He says, ye blessed of my Father, not of Hiself,"Me," or of the other person the "Holy Spirit" but of "My Father."

In who's kingdom will we drink the fruit of the vine with Jesus??? Scripture teaches it will be the Fathers Kingdom. "But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom." (Matt. 26:29), Jesus doesnt say His kingdom, or His own kingdom, or the Holy Ghosts kingdom, Jesus says he will drink the fruit of the vine with us in His Fathers Kingdom! Now if they are one God then all the above is rubbish and makes no sense at all? and we know thats not true.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

brodave

Post by brodave »

They are one in the same being three seperate persons.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

LETS READ THE AMPLIFIED HERE ........i picked it up out of curiousity on my table :scatter: :Fade-color :rainbow1: :-D
"AND I WILL DO(I MYSELF WILL GRANT)WHATEVER YOU ASK IN MY NAME(AS PRESENTING ALL THAT :| I AM)SO THAT THE FATHER MAY BE GLORIFIED AND EXTOLLED IN (THROUGH)THE SON.(EXOD 3:14)
"(YES) I WILL GRANT(I MYSELF WILL DO FOR YOU)WHATEVER YOU SHALL ASK IN MY NAME(AS PRESENTING ALL THAT :| I AM). john14:13-14 amplified bible.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:i just watched Creflo Dollar on TBN.

Hi Billy,

Yes ask God the Father in Jesus Name!

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

This blows away Jesus Only teaching for sure.

Notice in verse 12 Jesus said he was going to his Father.

That statement would make no since if Jesus was the Father as Jesus Only folks teach.

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Creflo has some wonderful teaching on asking the Father in Jesus Name!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thank you for that Haz. :angel: :angel: :angel:
ill read that over a few times to let it sink in. +crazyhead +crazyhead +hammer +hammer +rake

Ironman wrote:Billy, Jesus Himself refered to God as "Father" 181 times, and later the disciples called Him "Father" 78 times, and not once is He confused with, or called Jesus or the Holy Ghost, because Jesus distinguished between Himself and the Father 110 times; God the Father Himself did so ten times, demons did ten times and the disciples themselves later did 85 times, and not once did any of them confuse the Father and Son and Holy Ghost, or call the Son "The Father" or the "Holy Ghost."

They cannot be one and the same in any way. Jesus said I come in my Fathers name, "In my Fathers name" means by the authority of my Father (John 5:43; 10:25; 17:12); and "In My Name" means by the authority of my name (Mark 16:17; John 14:12-15, 26; 15:16; 16:23-26).

Here Jesus speaks of bearing witness of Himself and His Father who sent Him bears witness of Him also, "I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me." (John 8:18). THis would be impossible if they were one and the same person?

Here Jesus says He is returning to His Father wh Jesus said is greater than He himself is, "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." (John 14:28). If they are one and the same how could He say He was greater than Himself?????

Jesus, while on the Earth spoke of His Father being IN HEAVEN! "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." (Matt. 7:21 ; 10:32 ; 10:33 ; 16:17 ; 18:10 ; 18:19).

Jesus while on Earth called His Father His Heavenly Father, "So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses." (Matt.18:35).

If Jesus and the Father are one God, why doesn't Jesus know the answer to this question, when will the end be? "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." (Matt. 24:36). He says here only His Father knows.

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" (Matt. 25:34). Notice He says, ye blessed of my Father, not of Hiself,"Me," or of the other person the "Holy Spirit" but of "My Father."

In who's kingdom will we drink the fruit of the vine with Jesus??? Scripture teaches it will be the Fathers Kingdom. "But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom." (Matt. 26:29), Jesus doesnt say His kingdom, or His own kingdom, or the Holy Ghosts kingdom, Jesus says he will drink the fruit of the vine with us in His Fathers Kingdom! Now if they are one God then all the above is rubbish and makes no sense at all? and we know thats not true.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

brodave wrote:They are one in the same being three seperate persons.

can you explain your position more please???

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Brother Branham taught that Jesus was praying to His Father.that He was on the right Hand of the Father.
everything that some Trinity folks would say.

but Tritheism??? ....i think that the prophet of God would have drawn the line then and there.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

John 16:23 (KJV) 23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
a [in that day] In the day of My going back to the Father you shall ask Me nothing, but you shall ask the Father in My name (Jn. 14:1-3,12,19-20; 16:5,10,16,23-27). Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 16".
What was Jesus trying to do when he said:

How do Jesus Only people respond to this:

A. Jesus was deceiving us when he said to ask the Father, since he himself was the Father!
B. Jesus was so drunk when he said this that he had no idea what he was saying!
C. Jesus was a schizophrenic person and we were hearing from one of his alter personalities at the time!
D. NONE of the above Jesus was telling the truth about Praying in His Name to ANOTHER PERSON God the Father!

I think that if Jesus Only people would be honest they would choose "D" above.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

bibleman wrote:John 16:23 (KJV) 23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
a [in that day] In the day of My going back to the Father you shall ask Me nothing, but you shall ask the Father in My name (Jn. 14:1-3,12,19-20; 16:5,10,16,23-27). Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 16".
What was Jesus trying to do when he said:

How do Jesus Only people respond to this:

A. Jesus was deceiving us when he said to ask the Father, since he himself was the Father!
B. Jesus was so drunk when he said this that he had no idea what he was saying!
C. Jesus was a schizophrenic person and we were hearing from one of his alter personalities at the time!
D. NONE of the above Jesus was telling the truth about Praying in His Name to ANOTHER PERSON God the Father!

I think that if Jesus Only people would be honest they would choose "D" above.
Good points Leon! Allowing the Word to form the mind is a wonderful thing. For example, one popular sect believes that Jesus and Satan were actually brothers and claim to be a Christian organization. The question becomes, who honestly comes to that conclusion by reading objectively from Genesis to Revelation would come up with that understanding? I think the same goes for "Jesus Only,"if reading the Bible from cover to cover... how do you honestly come up with that as a conclusion? I believe its the result of pre-mental bending by either false indoctrination or something we want to believe.