Dake Bible Discussion BoardKnowing stuff head knowledge

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Knowing stuff head knowledge

Post by branham1965 »

years back this term was used alot.i know REVED remembers this.

"all you will get in that Church is alot of "HEAD KNOWLEDGE".

"watch those Dake people.they are only interested head knowledge."

im talking about Charismatic Pentecostal Evangelicals.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Knowing stuff head knowledge

Post by Justaned »

Yes Billy I remember head knowledge and heart knowledge and spiritual knowledge and all the other terms churches used against each other. Like little kids "my dad can beat your dad." When in fact the kids mother could probably take both fathers. :mrgreen:

I remember many Pentecostal churches accused non Pentecostal of having only head knowledge because most other denominations required their pastor to have college and some seminary. Then the Pentecostal started requiring some training/college and started to open Pentecostal Seminaries.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

branham1965 wrote:years back this term was used alot.i know REVED remembers this.

Hi Billy, I never understood that saying, were else are we suppose to store information in our chest or in our feet lol. Our head is were our brain is located, I think people make statements like that to sound spiritual because they do not want to put the time in to studying the scriptures..

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Hi Rocky
i think you are right.i forget so often THE DEVIL LIVES IN EXTREMES :vamp: :vamp: :vamp: :evilbat: :evilbat: :evilbat: so if its all head knowledge and no genuine spiritual experience its not good .if its all experience and little head knowledge its off center and it leads to
fanaticism and all kinds of weird stuff.

"because you cant win Rock!!!!he'll moider you to death in three rounds!!!" Mick to Rocky about fighting Clubber Lang =Mr.T.
i miss you posting :agrue:
Rocky wrote:
branham1965 wrote:years back this term was used alot.i know REVED remembers this.

Hi Billy, I never understood that saying, were else are we suppose to store information in our chest or in our feet lol. Our head is were our brain is located, I think people make statements like that to sound spiritual because they do not want to put the time in to studying the scriptures..

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

branham1965 wrote:Hi Rocky
i think you are right.i forget so often THE DEVIL LIVES IN EXTREMES :vamp: :vamp: :vamp: :evilbat: :evilbat: :evilbat: so if its all head knowledge and no genuine spiritual experience its not good .if its all experience and little head knowledge its off center and it leads to
fanaticism and all kinds of weird stuff.

"because you cant win Rock!!!!he'll moider you to death in three rounds!!!" Mick to Rocky about fighting Clubber Lang =Mr.T.
i miss you posting :agrue:
Rocky wrote:

Been having a lot of forest fires working 16 shifts in a month in a half or so. haven't even been able to go to church in a little over a month. its been raining here now so I am enjoying some time off..

Ray

Post by Ray »

Rocky wrote:

Brothers,
Matthew 13:15
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR
HEART, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Matthew 5:8
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Matthew 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matthew 6:21
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matthew 9:4
And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
1.Matthew 5:8
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Matthew 12:34
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 12:35
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Matthew 13:19
When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Matthew 15:8
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Matthew 15:18
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Matthew 15:19
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Matthew 18:35
So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
Matthew 18:34-35 (in Context) Matthew 18 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

Matthew 19:8
He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.