Dake Bible Discussion BoardGod's Sovereignty

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Re: God's Sovereignty

Post by victoryword »

branham1965 wrote:Reverend Reuben Egolf who posts here has a powerful book on this hot subject.He is an Anointed Preacher and Dake Bible scholar.

CAN I TRUST GOD??UNDERSTANDING GOD'S SOVEREIGNITY

Amazon has it and his other wonderful book THE VOICE WITHIN UNDERSTANDING CONSCIENCE

There isnt a better Preacher or man of God alive than Reuben.I mean anywhere.When the VOH was going on he'd be on the platform. :arrow: :arrow: If i was dying i'd want him and First Lady and the great saints at Mount Calvary to pray. :arrow:
The best book I have read on this subject so far is:

Schizophrenic God? Finding Reality in Conflict, Confusion, and Contradiction by Steve C. Shank.

Shank rips apart these false ideas concerning God's sovereignty.

You can get it on Amazon.com

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Reverend Reuben Egolf who posts here has a powerful book on this hot subject.He is an Anointed Preacher and Dake Bible scholar.

Amazon has it and his other wonderful book THE VOICE WITHIN UNDERSTANDING CONSCIENCE

There isnt a better Preacher or man of God alive than Reuben.I mean anywhere.When the VOH was going on he'd be on the platform. :arrow: :arrow: If i was dying i'd want him and First Lady and the great saints at Mount Calvary to pray. :arrow:

Schizophrenic God? Finding Reality in Conflict, Confusion, and Contradiction by Steve C. Shank.

While I haven't read Shank's book I understand it clears up the misconception that God is a puppet master or that God is completely beside Himself because He has lost control and is trying to regain it.

People often try to explain God when frankly their knowledge, logic, comprehension, imagination falls short. When this happens they end up making God either the bemused but helpless spectator of what transpires on earth or the hideous puppet master that dangles people over precipice of disaster for his entertainment.

God gave us free will but God being God is able to still remain in control and never violate that free will and to the human mind that seems to be a conflict, but it is not. The reason it is not is because of the differences between mortal man and God. Events occurred linearly to man but to God who transcends time they simply occur and are incorporated in God’s overall plan. That is why prayer can and does change things as does faith but the changes do not alter God’s plan, they only enhance it making it more miraculous or God like. However God also knows what man needs to experience to make man’s attempt to follow Jesus more life changing. God also uses man’s experiences to teach others.

Look at the book of Job, he experienced all that he did so we the readers of Job would see the sovereignty of God, but even with such a testimony many want to deny God’s sovereignty and make Job life a lie.

If you read Job you will see God never removed from Job is free will, even Job’s wife understood that when she advised Job to curse God and die. However Job did question God’s fairness, but God revealed what is fair to God may not appear to fair to man. A lesson many miss when reading Job.

When anyone wants to discuss Free will or Sovereignty of God but ignores the book of Job you should know immediately they are trying to explain the subject outside the full Gospel of God. Sovereignty of God is what the Book of Job is all about.

Therefore I think before this discussion goes much further all points of comment should be based on the facts contained in the book of Job.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i was excited when i typed that.i reckon i dont know Mr.Shank..but i know Reuben from here.ive heard his sermons on cds and seen him on dvd.he is a fine Preacher. :flasingsmile: :scatter: :scrambleup:
victoryword wrote:

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

victoryword wrote:
dolph wrote:I just read through this whole thread for the first time and made some notes.

!. Ed, how can you make such broad generalizations like, It's only about God referring to the Bible. Jesus went to the cross because man is very important to Him. Hasn't He offered us sonship??

2. Then you said, the reformation didn't reform. Was worshiping Mary and selling indulgences a good thing? The doctrine of purgatory?

3. I agree God intervened in the story of Joseph and much more but how much He is involved in our everyday life is another story.

4. Ed wrote, I don't know about you but everything both good and bad has worked to my good conforming me to be more like Jesus.
When I suffered lost I was forced to realized how unimportant material things were. When I suffered sickness I learned compassion for others and how precious my health was. When I experienced riches I learned how quickly I can place my faith in Gold. When I experienced other things in life things most people would call good I learned how quickly my pride in my own abilities can overrule my reliance on God. No your are wrong both experience and scripture has assured me God loves me and makes ALL things work to my Good.

Ed, experience is a hard teacher and the worst way to learn anything. Believing God's word is the correct way to learn.

5. The misapplication of Rom. 8:28 has been the biggest con-job of the Devil for all time. It is referring to the praying in tongues of the previous verses. Christians use this verse to explain away every evil deed of the enemy. When God redeemed us at Calvary He provided all we need for a victorious life. Through ignorance the devil trashes Christians on a regular basis and the Church blames it all on God through Rom. 8:28.
Great post Dolph :angel:

ditto :angel: :angel:

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:I just read through this whole thread for the first time and made some notes.

!. Ed, how can you make such broad generalizations like, It's only about God referring to the Bible. Jesus went to the cross because man is very important to Him. Hasn't He offered us sonship??
Scripture is God's love letter to us. And like all love letters it tells of God's love for us. So with that in mine I hold to my original statement scripture is about God not about man.
dolph wrote:2. Then you said, the reformation didn't reform. Was worshiping Mary and selling indulgences a good thing? The doctrine of purgatory?
The reformation did not reform the Catholic church it divided it. I never denied the Catholic church needed reformed and that reformation did occur but later after the Reformation.
dolph wrote:3. I agree God intervened in the story of Joseph and much more but how much He is involved in our everyday life is another story.
You the big quoter of God is not a respector of persons is now claiming God works differently in the life of Joseph than he does in your? The Story of Joseph is a perfect example of how God's sovereignity works as is the Book of Job. You try to say God is different to them than to the regular guy.
dolph wrote:4. Ed wrote, I don't know about you but everything both good and bad has worked to my good conforming me to be more like Jesus.
When I suffered lost I was forced to realized how unimportant material things were. When I suffered sickness I learned compassion for others and how precious my health was. When I experienced riches I learned how quickly I can place my faith in Gold. When I experienced other things in life things most people would call good I learned how quickly my pride in my own abilities can overrule my reliance on God. No your are wrong both experience and scripture has assured me God loves me and makes ALL things work to my Good.

Ed, experience is a hard teacher and the worst way to learn anything. Believing God's word is the correct way to learn.
My response which you quote is in response to someone saying Romans 8:28 doesn't really occur in real life. I think he said real life experience doesn't bare it out or something to that effect.
dolph wrote:5. The misapplication of Rom. 8:28 has been the biggest con-job of the Devil for all time. It is referring to the praying in tongues of the previous verses. Christians use this verse to explain away every evil deed of the enemy. When God redeemed us at Calvary He provided all we need for a victorious life. Through ignorance the devil trashes Christians on a regular basis and the Church blames it all on God through Rom. 8:28.
This is not my comments it is yours and they are also self defeating so I see no reason to respond.

God has made us a very definite promise. That promise is contained in Romans 8:28 but we must also include 8:29 to fully understand what God is saying.
God never said he was going to spoil us, or give us our hearts desires.
God has in fact promised to make all things work to our God IF we love Him and are called to his purpose. Making us more like Christ. To deny that is to deny the word of God.

In the future when you quote me please keep my comments in context.