Dake Bible Discussion Boardhead knowledge or hear experience??

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ray

Re: head knowledge or hear experience??

Post by Ray »

Brothers,

At that first Communion we must not forget the Biblical Typology comming
to be fulfilled in the BREAD that was broken, as at this Supper of JESUS and HIS Apostles was a Celebration of the feast of Unleavened Bread, which is
The Passover.

The Jewish People had observed the ordinance of the feast of Unleavened
Bread and Passover for many of years before the Supper JESUS ate with HIS Apostles, And was to be in REMEBERANCE of GOD THE FATHER'S Deliverance
of Israel from Egypt.

The Question must be asked WHAT BREAD did JESUS break at the Last Supper ?
It was the UNLEAVENED BREAD that was Ordained by GOD to be eaten at this Jewish feast.
In essence JESUS was saying this Unleavened bread was a type of MY Body that
will be broken for your Deliverance.

I Believe JESUS was establishing a point in which the Unleavened Bread and
Passover was not Just to be a rememberance of Delivering of Israel from Eygpt, But A Delivering of Mankind (then Only Israel) from Sin

At the first day of the feast of unleavened Bread is when JESUS ate the
Supper with HIS Apostles (Mark 14:12) and The Passover Lamb was to be Killed on this same day (which was another type of Our LORD)
Luke 22:7
7 Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.

The Passover Lamb was not part of the Supper JESUS ate with HIS Apostles but was to be eaten later in that day. (as the Jewish people measure a day from evening to evening)
John 18:26-28
26 One of the servants of the high priest, being his kinsman whose ear Peter cut off, saith, Did not I see thee in the garden with him?
27 Peter then denied again: and immediately the cock crew.
28 Then led they Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment: and it was early; and they themselves went not into the judgment hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might eat the passover.

As The Unleavened Bread was a Type of JESUS' Body So was The Wine a Type of HIS Blood.
Luke 22:19-20
19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

John 19:14
14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!

1 Corinthians 5:7-8
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: head knowledge or hear experience??

Post by branham1965 »

THE LAW OF THE NEW CREATION IS..... LOVE.
THE BAPTISM OF THE NEW CREATION IS .......INTO HIS DEATH.
THE PASSOVER OF THE NEW CREATION IS ....THE LORD'S SUPPER.

"THE CUP OF BLESSING WHICH WE BLESS IS IT NOT THE COMMUNION OF THE BLOOD OF CHRIST?THE BREAD WHICH WE BREAK IS IT NOT THE COMMUNION OF THE BODY OF CHRIST?FOR WE BEING MANY ARE ONE BREAD(LOAF):FOR WE ARE ALL PARTAKERS OF THAT ONE BREAD." 1 Corinthians 10:16-17