Dake Bible Discussion BoardDid some of the living creatures rebell with Lucifer?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Did some of the living creatures rebell with Lucifer?

Post by Ironman »

Dake said demons were not originally created sinful. They became sinfull of their own free will. I think he also said he did not know where they came actually from. When reading Ezekiel I wonder if some of the created living creatures sided with Lucifer during the original rebellion and invasion of Heaven in his attempt to dethrone God, and in so doing became those bound in the bottomless pit to be released during the tribulation?

"Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man. And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings. And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass. And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings. Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward. As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the FACE OF A MAN,and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle. Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies. And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went. As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like BURNING COALS OF FIRE, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning." (Ezekiel 1:5-13).

In Revelation we read of particular types of creatures being released from the bottomless pit;

"And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as THE FACES OF MEN. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon." (Rev. 9:7-11).

And;

"And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS ISSUED FIRE AND SMOKE AND BRIMSTONE. By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the SMOKE, and by the BRIMSTONE,which issued out of their mouths. For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt."(Rev. 9:17-19).

Can we connect the similarities here between Ezekies, faithfull living creatures and the creatures who sinned and were cast into the bottomless pit to be released eventually from the bottomless pit to create havoc in Revelation?

I'm surmizing Satan is now nothing like the morst perfect being ever created untill iniquity was found in him, as these creatures which will be released from the bottomless pit were once perfect and sinless and now very opposit to what they originally were.

Any thoughts people?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Rocky

Re: Did some of the living creatures rebell with Lucifer?

Post by Rocky »

Ironman wrote:Dake said demons were not originally created sinful. They became sinfull of their own free will. I think he also said he did not know where they came actually from. When reading Ezekiel I wonder if some of the created living creatures sided with Lucifer during the original rebellion and invasion of Heaven in his attempt to dethrone God, and in so doing became those bound in the bottomless pit to be released during the tribulation?

"Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man. And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings. And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass. And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings. Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward. As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the FACE OF A MAN,and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle. Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies. And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went. As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like BURNING COALS OF FIRE, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning." (Ezekiel 1:5-13).

In Revelation we read of particular types of creatures being released from the bottomless pit;

"And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as THE FACES OF MEN. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon." (Rev. 9:7-11).

And;

"And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS ISSUED FIRE AND SMOKE AND BRIMSTONE. By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the SMOKE, and by the BRIMSTONE,which issued out of their mouths. For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt."(Rev. 9:17-19).

Can we connect the similarities here between Ezekies, faithfull living creatures and the creatures who sinned and were cast into the bottomless pit to be released eventually from the bottomless pit to create havoc in Revelation?

I'm surmizing Satan is now nothing like the morst perfect being ever created untill iniquity was found in him, as these creatures which will be released from the bottomless pit were once perfect and sinless and now very opposit to what they originally were.

Any thoughts people?
The Book of Enoch which Jude quotes from, and Peter alludes to says Demons are the disembodied spirits of the nephilim that were killed in the flood. Some also believe that they are the spirits of the pre adamites.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

In Visions Dad Hagin saw into the Sprit realm.He saw the Lord and his loved ones his Granny and his Sister in Heaven.
He also saw the horrors of Hell.
i can recall him seeing evil spirits in his Visions.
in one Dad saw a monkey like little creature with his arms wrapped around a persons head.
the person was suffering in the mental soulish realms.
in another he saw a similar spirit sitting on a womans shoulder.
she was a Minister who after these attacks folded and lost her salvation.
once he saw a large spirit being which looked apelike over a pulpit he was preaching at.he rebuked it and it fell to the ground.and then he drove it out and it ran into a bar down the road.

he had a Vision of the Lord Jesus and suddenly a little imp ran between him and the Lord.

of course he was able to deal with these things.please see his book "I believe in Visions"and the Triumphant Church :Victory over all the powers of darkness. available at Ministry helps right here.
Dad's friend Gordon Lindsay who was William Branham's mamager in the voice of Healing revival
was a great man.i just bought a book about satan and his kingdom of darkness and Amazing Discoveries in the Word's of Jesus.
both are marvelous books.the latter book was once called a divinely inspired concordance or topical index???or something like that.Gordon Lindsay was a brilliant Anointed man. he and his wife Freda founded Christ for the Nations in Dallas.
the CFN books are on Ministry Helps. :angel: i do not think they are available from CFN anymore.all i saw were Dennis Lindsay's books on Creation.
they might still be there... i may be dead wrong.i was looking for the Christian Workers handbook they had...and a few other books.my Pastor in Warren really really LOVED Gordon Lindsay.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

:o :o :o doubled up.

Lester Sumrall's books are superb.he dealt with the kingdom of darkness and evil like few men ever have.they are on here too
@ Ministry Help's :angel: :angel: :angel:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Billy, I have Dad Hagins tapes where he talks about exactly what you said.

I saw a movie once many years ago, "Shutter" I think it was called, I may be wrong, I may have been a true story too, not sure any more? A young man, a professional photographer wins a lucrative advertizing job in photograpy in Japan.

Ill try and make the long story short.

He takes hundreds of photo's for a special advertisment layout and as he devolopes them for reproduction there appears a sliver of light across the photos ruining them. No matter what he does, camera and light adjustments he makes, every time he snaps a photo, develops it there is the sliver of light across the photo, ruined and useless! The company who are paying hundreds of thousands of dollars are getting worried, time and money is running out.
Turns out, he was out one night and was involved with a group of his work collegues who raped a young woman and although he was not involved in the act, he stood by and did nothing. He is getting sick, weaker, and worried as time goes by and he cannot seem to do anything to prevent a catastrophey from happening, his wife leaving him, the company fireing him? Toward the end of the movie, we see a monkey like demon creature hanging about the young woman' who was brutally raped, neck choking the life out of her. I forget how it all transpired, but it sort of scared me a little to see these things portrayed in a movie! Most people would just take this as a some what horror movie and not understand, or even forget the true significence of it!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

in Reverend Ernest Angley's book on Demonology called the Deceit of Lucifer .its a very sobering book.... :agrue:
he talks about horrifying things .in one encounter he cast devils out of someone and they circled him like a pack of wolves.their tongues were slobbering out of their mouths and they were snarling at him.he plead the BLOOD.and they could not cross the BLOODLINE.he called on the Lord and they were removed.
WHAT is amazing is i was there in Grace Cathedral front row with my Granny in the early 1980's listening to him tell this story !!!!he prayed for Granny we all love :agrue: :arrow: Reverend Angley so much... and she lived many more years because of it.both my Grandparents got om their knees and prayed the sinners prayer with him.....everu week and prayed for healing with him.

in another story there was an evil force which manifested like a bear and chased a couple down the road.somehow this thing got in the poor woman.
the group of saints vowed to "bleach their bones in prayer" until she was delivered.God set her free.by the BLOOD OF JESUS.

I was up front during an Altar call once when a man came forward and he was ...he had things in him.My late Reverend began to Minister to him and as a teenager i could see that this was not a normal case.
Reverend began to pray and in prayer for the man ...i witnessed warfare in the spirit . i saw this guys face it was frightening because i could see the warfare going on...Reverend laid hands on him he stopped for a brief second -this thing was not wanting to go...i could see it :agrue: Reverend did not not stop...he continued and the man was delivered and saved.i saw it leave him.it was sobering.but if Reverend was there i knew it was ok.

what a great great incredible Anointed Pastor i had. :arrow: :arrow: i could tell so many more stories.

in a Holy Ghost Baptism teaching my late Pastor was teaching when a man there let out a gut curdling roar....i was a teenager and it scared me half out of my wits.my Reverend was on the poor man like a LION.the Elders followed and in the Name of Jesus that thing was cast out.bless the LORD.

Ironman wrote:Billy, I have Dad Hagins tapes where he talks about exactly what you said.

I saw a movie once many years ago, "Shutter" I think it was called, I may be wrong, I may have been a true story too, not sure any more? A young man, a professional photographer wins a lucrative advertizing job in photograpy in Japan.

Ill try and make the long story short.

He takes hundreds of photo's for a special advertisment layout and as he devolopes them for reproduction there appears a sliver of light across the photos ruining them. No matter what he does, camera and light adjustments he makes, every time he snaps a photo, develops it there is the sliver of light across the photo, ruined and useless! The company who are paying hundreds of thousands of dollars are getting worried, time and money is running out.
Turns out, he was out one night and was involved with a group of his work collegues who raped a young woman and although he was not involved in the act, he stood by and did nothing. He is getting sick, weaker, and worried as time goes by and he cannot seem to do anything to prevent a catastrophey from happening, his wife leaving him, the company fireing him? Toward the end of the movie, we see a monkey like demon creature hanging about the young woman' who was brutally raped, neck choking the life out of her. I forget how it all transpired, but it sort of scared me a little to see these things portrayed in a movie! Most people would just take this as a some what horror movie and not understand, or even forget the true significence of it!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i was reading some of Reverend Angley's material earlier.

he learned the Gifts.and what was of God of the flesh and of the devil.

Dr.Sumrall says the same thing.its of 3 sources God,Lucifer and man.

Reverend Angley can actually see through the gift of discerning the eyes and mouths of those ugly filthy demons in peoples souls.

i cant imagine the horror of it.ive heard all these men say never ever desire these things.you dont know what you are asking for.Brother Branham used to say it alot.he begged for people to pray for him. :agrue: :agrue:

my Pastor said not to try to emulate him=my Pastor as far as his prayer life.i remembered that tonight.he said we could get in trouble doing so.
if i only would have listened to him as far as various areas of my life....dear Lord...