Dake Bible Discussion Board100% God, 100% man

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: 100% God, 100% man

Post by branham1965 »

thank you for that Rocky.it helped me.id love to be a student in your Anointed Bible classes. :agrue: :agrue: :agrue:
Rocky wrote:
dolph wrote:The 2,000 pound elephant in the room that certain folks fail to see is that no one can be 100% male and 100% female, 100% German and 100% English, 100% black and 100% white, 100% Christian and 100% Muslim, 100% God and 100% man.
Dolph you are looking at this the wrong way this can be understood even with our feeble intellect with the Help of the Holy Ghost, like I have advised, study this fundamental belief before you try challenging it. I do not understand your hangup about the incarnation. Why the rejection? But here is what the bible says about dening this truth. And I know you are familiar with these versus..1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. Now this is a warning to the gnostics that denied Jesus' humanity they couldn't believe that Deity could come in the flesh this peaks directly of the incarnation and belief in this is essential,1 john 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
The 100% God and 100% man is simply acknowledging Jesus two natures that he is a 100% human(Man) and 100% God, Jesus is God made flesh. 1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. Now before I go any further could you please give me your opinion and belief on the incanation?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

branham1965 wrote:thank you for that Rocky.it helped me.id love to be a student in your Anointed Bible classes. :agrue: :agrue: :agrue:
Rocky wrote:
dolph wrote:The 2,000 pound elephant in the room that certain folks fail to see is that no one can be 100% male and 100% female, 100% German and 100% English, 100% black and 100% white, 100% Christian and 100% Muslim, 100% God and 100% man.
Dolph you are looking at this the wrong way this can be understood even with our feeble intellect with the Help of the Holy Ghost, like I have advised, study this fundamental belief before you try challenging it. I do not understand your hangup about the incarnation. Why the rejection? But here is what the bible says about dening this truth. And I know you are familiar with these versus..1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. Now this is a warning to the gnostics that denied Jesus' humanity they couldn't believe that Deity could come in the flesh this peaks directly of the incarnation and belief in this is essential,1 john 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
The 100% God and 100% man is simply acknowledging Jesus two natures that he is a 100% human(Man) and 100% God, Jesus is God made flesh. 1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. Now before I go any further could you please give me your opinion and belief on the incanation?
Thanks Billy, the incarnation is one of my favorite subjects in the bible, I love to study about it. The incarnation of Jesus is an endless study, one can always learn new aspects of this fundamental doctrine....

brodave

Post by brodave »

Study the Kenosis of Christ.Phil.2:5-8.End of the book Philippians Notes Continued.Also you can find it in God's Plan for man.This explanes His emptying of himself,His deity,His humanity

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

The Word God, (John 1:1), had to becaome a man, (John 1:14), to redeem mankind. There was no other way.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

brodave wrote:Study the Kenosis of Christ.Phil.2:5-8.End of the book Philippians Notes Continued.Also you can find it in God's Plan for man.This explanes His emptying of himself,His deity,His humanity
I plan on purchasing God's plan for Man this evening from ministryhelps.com

brodave

Post by brodave »

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
Ironman wrote:The Word God, (John 1:1), had to becaome a man, (John 1:14), to redeem mankind. There was no other way.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Rocky wrote:
brodave wrote:Study the Kenosis of Christ.Phil.2:5-8.End of the book Philippians Notes Continued.Also you can find it in God's Plan for man.This explanes His emptying of himself,His deity,His humanity
I plan on purchasing God's plan for Man this evening from ministryhelps.com
G-Day Rocky, You wont regret buying this book.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

brodave wrote::angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
Ironman wrote:The Word God, (John 1:1), had to becaome a man, (John 1:14), to redeem mankind. There was no other way.
Hi Brodave,

I believe some believe when the Word became flesh, He somehow dissapeared from existence, became null and void, was no longer here because He now was a man and no longer a member of the Godhead??

1. The Word God became flesh and dwelt with us, 2. God the Father remained in Heaven, as did 3. the Holy Spirit, untill He decended from Heaven at Christs baptism and at other times and places. The Word who became flesh was %100 God and remained so, even after His becoming man, / birth John 1:14.

brodave

Post by brodave »

Ironman wrote:
brodave wrote::angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
Hi Brodave,

I believe some believe when the Word became flesh, He somehow dissapeared from existence, became null and void, was no longer here because He now was a man and no longer a member of the Godhead??

1. The Word God became flesh and dwelt with us, 2. God the Father remained in Heaven, as did 3. the Holy Spirit, untill He decended from Heaven at Christs baptism and at other times and places. The Word who became flesh was %100 God and remained so, even after His becoming man, / birth John 1:14.

As Dake said in his notes on the kenosis of Christ;It could not have been His divine nature(He emptied Himself)for He was God not only from all eternity(Mic.5:2;John 1:1-2;Heb 1:8;Rev. 1:8-11)but God manifest in flesh during His life on earth(Isa.7:14;Isa.9:6-7;Mt. 1:18-25;John 1:1-2,14;1Tim.. 3:16)

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

dolph wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Rocky, here is what I think the_Truth was saying: Jesus was born the second Adam, 100% man, and became The Son of God the Father when he was begotten by the Father. At this point he completely died to to his will, totally surrendered to the Father's will and never sinned becoming the exact image of the Father (Heb. 1:3) This view upholds the what Jesus said was the first commandment, that the Lord our God is ONE Lord. It also solves the dilemma that Jesus is/was 100% man and 100% God. Jesus was born 100% man and became 100% the SON of God when He was begotten setting the pattern for all mankind to die to self and let God live His life through us. This view is compatible with the Jew's/O.T. view that there was only ONE God, just as Jesus said in Mark 12:29.

"And he that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne", Rev. 3:21.
Exactly. Well said Dolph. This view neither denies the oneness of the Father nor relegates Jesus as just a mere man. Only the Messiah could do what He did. This is the model for all sons of the Father. This view honors the Father as well as The Son.