Dake Bible Discussion BoardJesus baptised in the Holy Spirit

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
brodave

Re: Jesus baptised in the Holy Spirit

Post by brodave »

To be baptized in the Holy Spirit is a one time experience.Being filled with the Spirit is a continuing experience.Peter was filled with the Holy Spirit when He was baptized in the Holy Spirit(Acts 1:5-Acts 2:4)He was filled with the Holy Spirit when he spoke to the elders of Israel(Acts 4:8)He was filled again when the church prayed and the place where they were was shaken(Acts 4:31)

Eph. 5:18 And be not drunk with wine ,wherein is excess ;but be filled with the Holy Spirit. Be filled [present passive imperative]
carries the meaning in Greek of "repeatedly being filled."

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

HAZ,macca or ...anyone here.

Was Jesus Christ Who was-is called GOD THE SON and he Second Person in the Trinity by many many dear consecrated saints of God.... :scatter:
Was He God in Eternity Micah 5:2 in the Virgin Mary's womb,God in the the Manger, God with Simeon and Anna in Luke 2 , God at age 12 and was Jesus Christ Almighty God manifest in a Body of flesh before He was baptized by John????and after the Baptism???
I affirm absolutely in all cases YES!!!!YES!!!! YES!!!!HE WAS IS AND ALWAYS SHALL BE GOD!!!!!Rev1:8.
Glory!!! :smilecolros:

Ironman wrote:
the_truth wrote:
macca wrote::crazyeyes: :-)
So Macca, where is the Scripture. You have shown your poor exegesis. But i know. You just don't want to agree with anything i say just so it makes you feel good.

But I have the Bible to back me: The Scripture says HE was anointed.

Another proof. Jesus submitted to John's Baptism. John declared, HIMSELF that he baptized with water for repentance. And Jesus baptized in/with the Holy Spirit. So are you telling me Jesus baptized HIMSELF that day. Matt 3:11, Mark 1:8. I think not, HE was baptized according to John's baptism and was ANOINTED with THE HOLY SPIRIT. :smile:
"So are you telling me Jesus baptized HIMSELF that day."

Only you could come up with a twisted question like this?

It is written, John baptized with water!

It was also written in prophecy,

Jesus being baptized by John was the 6th Old testament prophecy fulfilled.

"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:" (Matt.3:11).

"The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God." (Isaiah 40:3).

"
Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts." (Mal. 3:1).

Jesus baptizes men with the Holy Ghost, and with fire! (Matt. 3:11). No is suggesting Jesus baptized Himself?

Jesus was always sinless, yet He needed the anointing / Spirit baptism in order to have power to do His mighty works

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

The HO HO HO HO's were my ...odd attempt at joking about our resident Hebrew- Greek scholars saying Jesus Christ is not God. Ho Theos ETC. :agrue:
please dont be offended.i was funning.sighs.....+trouble +trouble +trouble +trouble it was ...i cant tell a joke. :lol:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

IF REVEREND DAKE BELIEVED THAT RUBBISH I WILL EAT MY SHOE!!!!YOU DONT BELIEVE AS HE DID AT ALL!!! +hammer +hammer +hammer +hammer
:-| :-| :-|

dolph wrote:If Jesus was God in Mary's womb, why did He need to be baptized in the Holy Spirit at His water Baptism or even water baptized unless He was the second Adam??

brodave

Post by brodave »

dolph: Jesus was the second Adam.Read Phil. 2:5-8 See Dake's note on the Kenosis of Christ. I think this will answer your issue.

stand
John

Post by stand »

I believe Jesus set Himself as the perfect example for us to follow. He gave up His glory and power as second person of God when He was on earth 2000 years ago. He did not start His ministry till He was baptized by the Spirit. He did he miracles with the power of the Spirit. So that with the Spirit we can do what Jesus did on the earth, and even greater.

brodave

Post by brodave »

:angel:
stand wrote:I believe Jesus set Himself as the perfect example for us to follow. He gave up His glory and power as second person of God when He was on earth 2000 years ago. He did not start His ministry till He was baptized by the Spirit. He did he miracles with the power of the Spirit. So that with the Spirit we can do what Jesus did on the earth, and even greater.
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

brodave wrote::angel:
stand wrote:I believe Jesus set Himself as the perfect example for us to follow. He gave up His glory and power as second person of God when He was on earth 2000 years ago. He did not start His ministry till He was baptized by the Spirit. He did he miracles with the power of the Spirit. So that with the Spirit we can do what Jesus did on the earth, and even greater.
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
Dito double dito