Dake Bible Discussion BoardDid GOD come in Human Form?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Did GOD come in Human Form?

Post by bibleman »

the_truth wrote:
bibleman wrote: Hi truth,

Here it is and no amount of spin can change it!

The WORD says: Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Who was with us? - - - - - ὁ θεός that is - ho theos. THE GOD. The child, the Son, was "GOD WITH US"
Hi Bibleman,
Do i detect that you are expert at tap dancing. +wink

I do believe in Matthew 1:23 that where JESUS was, truly THE FATHER was with HIM. Which means that THE GOD("Ho Theos") was WITH HIM. I gave you Jesus' own words. Now i'm going to give the Apostle Peter's word.

No man can break Matthew 1:23. You, me or anybody. This is what i mean when I say let Scripture interpret itself. Goto Acts 10:38.How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for (ho) God(theos) was with him. The Apostle seals it. He said JESUS of Nazareth was "anointed" with the Holy Spirit and with Power and went about healing all. NOW THIS PROVES what I have said but some can't accept: The Apostle said for "GOD was with HIM". Now the KJV and all Bibles don't translate the article which is why people get confused. Biblebman, you can confirm that there is a article in front of "theos". It literally reads "for THE GOD(ho theos) was with HIM(Jesus). Now the Apostle had a chance to say JESUS did these things because HE was "GOD(theos)", but he didn't. He could have said he did these because HE was "ho theos", but HE didn't. The Apostle said because JESUS was baptized with the Spirit and performed the work, truly THE GOD was WITH HIM which fulfills what Isaiah the Prophet said concerning HIM(JESUS).

"Ho Theos" in EVERY CASE refers to only 1 PERSON and that PERSON is THE FATHER. "ho theos" and JESUS are 2 distinct Person and are NOT the same. One is THE FATHER and other is THE SON

Bibleman, are you becoming Oneness because you said that JESUS is "ho theos". :smile: I think you're pulling my leg.
Hi truth,

This is one passage that you have NO answer for and it shows.

Jesus is GOD and it is just tearing you apart isn't it!

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

brodave

Post by brodave »

Truth: Elohim is a plural word in hebrew meaning at least 3.I believe The Father,The Son,(Word,Jesus),and The Holy Spirit. who do you believe it pertains to?

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

bibleman wrote: Hi truth,

This is one passage that you have NO answer for and it shows. Jesus is GOD and it is just tearing you apart isn't it! Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Hi Bibleman,
On the contrary I gave the answer that JESUS Himself said. Then I confirmed it with what the Apostles said. They all declared that The Father was with US.

You underlined GOD with us = Jesus Explain? Does GOD with YOU mean Bibleman is GOD.

You know i just was thinking: Jesus came preaching that I am THE SON of the "ho theos" and came preaching that "ho theos"(GOD) was HIS Father. When HE preached that the traditions of men in that day considered it heretical and blasphemous. The Apostles confirmed and preached the SAME thing using the same terms and they were vilified also. Here i am years and years later and i say that JESUS is THE SON of "ho theos" and i'm vilified just as they.

THE SON of "ho theos" means much more than you all acknowledge. I'm accused of denying JESUS deity. I don't deny HIS deity (divine nature) because the FACT that HE is THE SON denotes HIS divine nature. I believe HE is THE SON because of HIS WORK which HE did.

The term THE SON of "ho theos"(GOD) denotes HIS Messiahship. Notice Peter said, Thou are THE CHRIST, THE SON…

You care to take me up on the challenge in love: The challenge is this, EVERY occurrence of "HO THEOS"(GOD) in the Scripture denotes THE FATHER and HIM only.

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

brodave wrote:Truth: Elohim is a plural word in hebrew meaning at least 3.I believe The Father,The Son,(Word,Jesus),and The Holy Spirit. who do you believe it pertains to?
Elohim has nothing to do with "persons". It the "plural" of"EL/Eloah". It is applied to men, angels and false deities. It was applied to THE KING of THE FATHER's Kingdom. It was even applied to THE ONE who said I AM.

Elohim means "mighty one,"great one", "judge". So the THE FATHER is ELOHIM, but HE isn't just ELOHIM, HE is "ha Elohim", THE GOD. This is why the Tanach confirms and the Prophets said Deut 10:17 For GOD(I AM) your "ha Elohim"(God) is Elohim(God) of of Elohim(gods). So right there THE FATHER is saying in no uncertain terms that there is NOT another Person who is "HA ELOHIM", but HIM.

THE FATHER, THE WORD and THE SPIRIT refers to ONLY 1 and 1 PERSON that is "Ha Elohim"(GOD) of Israel, "Ha Elohim"(GOD) of Abraham,Isaac, and Jacob, the Father of JESUS.

There are those that say this verse supports the Trinity. Then there are those who question that this verse should be included because it was not found in older manuscripts. This verse confirms the monotheistic belief that THE FATHER is ONE. You are not 2 persons because of YOU and your word, then why make THE ONE GOD, two people because HE and HIS word.

THE WORD is NOT THE SON nor JESUS. Because IF it is, then what you are literally saying is that THE WORD was begotten and that THE WORD died.

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

dolph wrote:
dolph wrote:
brodave wrote:The God or God what is the difference?Is Jesus God or not?Whether you are Trinitarian or Oneness you MUST BELIEVE JESUS IS LORD!!!!!!!

Heb.1:8-10 But unto the Son he saith,Thy throne O God,is forever and ever:a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy Kingdom.Thou hast loved rightness, and hated iniguity;therfore God,even thy God,hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.And,Thou,Lord,in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth;and the heavens are the works of thy hands:

Phil. 2:5-11 Let this mind be in you,which was also in Christ Jesus:Who,being in the form of God ,thought it not robery to be equel with God:But made himself of no reputation,and took upon him the form of a servent,and was made in the likeness of men:And being found in fashion as a man,he humbled himself,and became obedient unto death,even the death of the cross.Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him and given him a name which is above every name:That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,of things in heaven, and things under the earth;And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,to the glory of God the Father.

Rev.1:8 I am Alpha and Omega the beginning and the ending,saith the LORD.which is ,and which was, and which is to come,the ALMIGHTY.
I would like to hear Darren's explanation of Heb. 1:8-10, above. This strongly suggests/states that Jesus was the creator before he was born on earth to Mary, before He became the exact image of the Father. Same with the next two verses. Darren??
Darren, still waiting for an answer on these scriptures.
Haven't forgot. I will respond.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hi truth,

Above you said: "You care to take me up on the challenge in love: The challenge is this, EVERY occurrence of "HO THEOS"(GOD) in the Scripture denotes THE FATHER and HIM only."

YES I will take you up on that challenge.

Here it is:Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Who was with us? - - - - - ὁ θεός that is - ho theos. THE GOD. The child, the Son, WHO was "GOD WITH US"

Well, That settles that. Your challenge has been met and proven false.

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

the_truth

Post by the_truth »

bibleman wrote:Hi truth,

Above you said: "You care to take me up on the challenge in love: The challenge is this, EVERY occurrence of "HO THEOS"(GOD) in the Scripture denotes THE FATHER and HIM only."

Here it is:Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Who was with us? - - - - - ὁ θεός that is - ho theos. THE GOD. The child, the Son, WHO was "GOD WITH US"

Bibleman,
"With"...."With" ...."With". It's not "IS". I know it's tearing you to pieces to say "WITH", but try it. It will be therapeutic for your soul. :smile:

Just in case you forgot what "with" means:
1. accompanied by; accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.

If you are "with" someone, then you are not that Person. "with" implies two. The Apostle were WITH Jesus. Jesus was WITH the Apostles. God was WITH Jesus. GOD is with HIS People. In every case, more than 2, unless you believe that JESUS is THE FATHER, thereby agreeing w/Billy with the Oneness Doctrine. :smile:

When you are at your church WITH your congregation does that mean You are the Congregation?

Me thinks you are trying to +tiptoe +tiptoe +tiptoe

Challenge still stands; the Scripture can't be broken. I can't break it and you can't either. :smile:
Last edited by the_truth on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

brodave

Post by brodave »

A broad deicated for the study of God's Word in honor of Finis J. Dake.How would Dr. Dake deal with this mess?From watching his video's and listening to his tape's I think I have an idea.Not much Word of God a lot of Joe Biden(giburrish).

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

the_truth wrote:
bibleman wrote:Hi truth,

Bibleman,
"With"...."With" ...."With". It's not "IS". I know it's tearing you to pieces to say "WITH", but try it. It will be therapeutic for your soul. :smile:

Just in case you forgot what "with" means:
1. accompanied by; accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.

If you are "with" someone, then you are not that Person. "with" implies two. The Apostle were WITH Jesus. Jesus was WITH the Apostles. God was WITH Jesus. GOD is with HIS People. In every case, more than 2, unless you believe that JESUS is THE FATHER, thereby agreeing w/Billy with the Oneness Doctrine. :smile:

When you are at your church WITH your congregation does that mean You are the Congregation?

Me thinks you are trying to +tiptoe +tiptoe +tiptoe

Challenge still stands; the Scripture can't be broken. I can't break it and you can't either. :smile:
Hi truth,

WHO was with us? GOD!

WHEN was God with us? When Jesus was born!

THUS JESUS is GOD!

Do you disagree that Jesus is God?

God bless
Leon Bible

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

"the-truth wrote,"With"...."With" ...."With". It's not "IS". I know it's tearing you to pieces to say "WITH", but try it. It will be therapeutic for your soul."

O'h, I get it now, "With" ....With". is not, "IS" as "Everlasting" is not "Eternal," and "Forever" is "Only Temporary."

I always knew God didnt mean what He said, when He said what He meant!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?