Dake Bible Discussion BoardBaptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is NOT obeying Jesus!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Baptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is NOT obeying Jesus

Post by branham1965 »

Jesus is talking about prayer in both passages.you refuse to even say on here just what He is talking about!!!!ill tell you. its about prayer!!!!!and there is NO contradiction at all.not if you know the absolute Deity of Jesus Christ. just like i posted on the other thread.and was ignored.Haz saw something.... :|
ALL the study Bibles i have all have this as................ prayer.prayer.
just like with Acts 2:38-39 and other passages ......all the wresting in the world and all the mind games and dissections of the texts do not change the TRUTH.

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:how do you read the verse??just what is the Lord saying to them in that chapter??

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:if you think that is upsetting me. :shock: :scatter:
ill tell you what i could pull out every study Bible and commentary there is and they all say its prayer here.all are Trinitarians as well.Ernest Angley says so.i heard that at 15.
see what that old buzzard William Barclay you like so much has to say here.he is ok though.a man who denies every tenet of the gospel.hes dandy.
any Preacher with a masters degree knows the Lord is talking about leaving the Earth and is telling the Disciples who He is and is saying to ask HIM in Chapter 14 and He repeats Himself in 16.He that seeth Me hath seen the Father.they believed Him.they didnt have the luxury of having people explain it away.

my question what is this about in Matthew 7:7-8"ask and it shall be given you;seek and ye shall find;knock and it shall be opened unto you."
"for every one that asketh receiveth;and he that seeketh findeth and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."my margin reads R = references LUKE 11:9 -10 and JOHN 14:13 is that prayer???? :-D
VERSE 13 "AND WHATSOEVER YE SHALL ASK IN MY NAME THAT WILL I DO THAT THE FATHER MAY BE GLORIFIED IN THE SON. VERSE 14 "IF YE ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME I WILL DO IT."
that above is incontrovertible undeniable conclusive proof-evidence that you are wrong about this :shock: :scatter: :turn-l: :Fade-color :rainbow1: :fadein: :flasingsmile: .
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: +ouch +pieface +pieface

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:this IS a joke right????
you have to be kidding.wow.
if one reads chapter 14.He is talking about the Disciples believing in Him.Him going away and preparing them a home in Heaven.reveals His true identity verse 9-11.the NIV Study Bible says it is prayer.MacArthur's Study Bible says it is prayer.PRAYER.
if we ask JESUS ANYTHING IN HIS NAME HE DOES IT.IF WE ASK HIM HE WILL DO IT. HE IS TALKING ABOUT PRAYER.
why would His Disciples ask Him anything IN HIS NAME IF HE WAS WITH THEM STILL???THE SAME LANGUAGE IS USED IN 16:23!!!!! :scrambleup: :flasingsmile:
Hi Billy,

You may have misread my question so I will ask it again.

Here is John 14:14.

John 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Where in John 14:14 as you say.... does Jesus tell us to pray to HIM?
Hi Billy,

Could you please just answer the question below.

Well Billy,

I don't see Jesus saying to ask HIM in John 14:14... Do you?
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:you know what He is saying.you just cannot admit it.the wording is nearly exact in 14:13-14 and 16;23.but thats not good enough.
why not just accept the truth. its prayer ...JESUS is the Almighty God!!!!.its all like Scottae316 said it would be.
peace. +wink

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:how do you read the verse??just what is the Lord saying to them in that chapter??

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:if you think that is upsetting me. :shock: :scatter:
ill tell you what i could pull out every study Bible and commentary there is and they all say its prayer here.all are Trinitarians as well.Ernest Angley says so.i heard that at 15.
see what that old buzzard William Barclay you like so much has to say here.he is ok though.a man who denies every tenet of the gospel.hes dandy.
any Preacher with a masters degree knows the Lord is talking about leaving the Earth and is telling the Disciples who He is and is saying to ask HIM in Chapter 14 and He repeats Himself in 16.He that seeth Me hath seen the Father.they believed Him.they didnt have the luxury of having people explain it away.

my question what is this about in Matthew 7:7-8"ask and it shall be given you;seek and ye shall find;knock and it shall be opened unto you."
"for every one that asketh receiveth;and he that seeketh findeth and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."my margin reads R = references LUKE 11:9 -10 and JOHN 14:13 is that prayer???? :-D
VERSE 13 "AND WHATSOEVER YE SHALL ASK IN MY NAME THAT WILL I DO THAT THE FATHER MAY BE GLORIFIED IN THE SON. VERSE 14 "IF YE ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME I WILL DO IT."
that above is incontrovertible undeniable conclusive proof-evidence that you are wrong about this :shock: :scatter: :turn-l: :Fade-color :rainbow1: :fadein: :flasingsmile: .
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: +ouch +pieface +pieface

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:this IS a joke right????
you have to be kidding.wow.
if one reads chapter 14.He is talking about the Disciples believing in Him.Him going away and preparing them a home in Heaven.reveals His true identity verse 9-11.the NIV Study Bible says it is prayer.MacArthur's Study Bible says it is prayer.PRAYER.
if we ask JESUS ANYTHING IN HIS NAME HE DOES IT.IF WE ASK HIM HE WILL DO IT. HE IS TALKING ABOUT PRAYER.
why would His Disciples ask Him anything IN HIS NAME IF HE WAS WITH THEM STILL???THE SAME LANGUAGE IS USED IN 16:23!!!!! :scrambleup: :flasingsmile:
Hi Billy,

You may have misread my question so I will ask it again.

Here is John 14:14.

Hi Billy,

Could you please just answer the question below.

Well Billy,

I don't see Jesus saying to ask HIM in John 14:14... Do you?
Hi Billy,

Yes I do know what he (Jesus is saying).

Here it is: John 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

He says nothing there about praying to HIM (JESUS).

You know it and I know... it is just that you will not admit it.

But that does not change the WORD OF GOD.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

post removed. :agrue:

[quote="branham1965"]you know what He is saying.you just cannot admit it.the wording is nearly exact in 14:13-14 and 16;23.but thats not good enough.
why not just accept the truth. its prayer ...JESUS is the Almighty God!!!!.its all like Scottae316 said it would be.
peace. +wink

[quote="branham1965"]how do you read the verse??just what is the Lord saying to them in that chapter??
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

HAZ
thats very decent of you to do friend.
you are my best mate. :agrue:

i believe Jesus is talking about prayer .about asking Him things in His Name cf John 14:13-14.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:HAZ

i believe Jesus is talking about prayer .about asking Him things in His Name cf John 14:13-14.
I wonder what macca thinks about this? I'd be very interested in his opinion, understanding? macca, what do you reckon?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

hey Haz i think big macca is holding on me.a yank saying for he is mad. :agrue:

Ironman wrote:

I wonder what macca thinks about this? I'd be very interested in his opinion, understanding? macca, what do you reckon?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

branham1965 wrote:hey Haz i think big macca is holding on me.a yank saying for he is mad. :agrue:

Ironman wrote:

I have stated my beliefs elsewhere and it is a waste of time stating them all over again to someone that believes in Oneness! for they will never accept what i believe.

I have listened to people praying over the last 28 years and most have no idea who they are addressing in their suplication.
They will start off with The Father switch to The Lord, then to Jesus, sometimes to the Holy Spirit, it all sounds like a scattergun prayer that has hopes of hitting the target with something.... no faith at all, useless hot wind and a complete wast of time, as they instill their unbelief into the listeners around them....

Jesus gave us the correct way to pray, no one else...and if we can not believe what He said then there is no hope left for those who choose their own parth.....

macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:hey Haz i think big macca is holding on me.a yank saying for he is mad. :agrue:

Ironman wrote:

Billy, I know macca well enough to know, he holds no grudges, none what-so-ever against anyone, especially you mate!
Grant me a sense of humor, Lord, the saving grace to see a joke, To win some happiness from life, And pass it on to other folks. Cheers Haz.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:

Ironman wrote:

I have stated my beliefs elsewhere and it is a waste of time stating them all over again to someone that believes in Oneness! for they will never accept what i believe.

I have listened to people praying over the last 28 years and most have no idea who they are addressing in their suplication.
They will start off with The Father switch to The Lord, then to Jesus, sometimes to the Holy Spirit, it all sounds like a scattergun prayer that has hopes of hitting the target with something.... no faith at all, useless hot wind and a complete wast of time, as they instill their unbelief into the listeners around them....

Jesus gave us the correct way to pray, no one else...and if we can not believe what He said then there is no hope left for those who choose their own parth.....

macca
macca, sorry mate, you posted while I was posting. Your posts are not wasted on me macca, I thank you for them and appreciate every one of them.

I only ever pray to the Father, I do not pray directly to Jesus. I pray directly to the Father every time, asking Him, thanking Him, talking to Him, and every time it is all ways In the Name of Jesus! I believe thats what Jesus told us to do!
Please correct me if I am wrong? Cheers, Haz.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

macca,

i have observed that people in Pentecostal Churches pray very much alike. +ummm +gotit :onfire:

my Pastor-Bishop when he prays he has a great Unction. :| just like when he Preaches. :|

actually ive seen -heard folks pray in different kinds of Churches in my life.
in Evangelical Churches and Fundamentalist Churches,Charismatic ones,Catholic ones... all different kinds.and i usually can tell the animated the living ....from the corpses :onfire: +jump2
ive listened to Preachers and other leaders to learn HOW TO PRAY.....i see it on the telly as well.
i wonder why is that going on ????why are people praying to the Father and yet will talk to Jesus and go back and forth....i think i know why :-D .........
+pieface
macca wrote:

Ironman wrote:

macca