Dake Bible Discussion BoardBaptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is NOT obeying Jesus!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Baptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is NOT obeying Jesus!

Post by bibleman »

The Scripture is clear - baptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is not taught by Jesus Christ, and those who do baptize in the name of Jesus ONLY are disobeying the words of Jesus!
The “Jesus-only” sect, who contend that baptism should be only in Jesus' name, and who deceitfully prey upon honest and ignorant souls, may claim they obey Mt. 28:19, but they never obey it; they never recognize it in baptism; and they always re-baptize those who have been baptized according to Mt. 28:19. If they claim to obey Mt. 28:19, then insist that they baptize you this way and see how they back down in their claim and see a concrete example of deliberate rejection of part of the Bible. Could not Jesus have said in Mt. 28:19 what Jesus-only people teach, if that is really what He meant to say? If He did not say what they teach, then that is not what He means, and we had better reject their fallacy on baptism and obey Mt. 28:19. We must either reject this false teaching or reject God. One cannot believe and obey both, for they are just the opposite of each other.

The preposition “of” and the conjunction “and” repeated each time before each of the three names in Mt. 28:19 further prove three separate persons. If one would say “a gift of John and of James and of George” he means a gift from three persons, not one. Jesus did not say baptize upon the authority of His name only, but also in the name of, or by the authority of, the Father and of the Holy Ghost. He did not tell them to do this until He came back in ten days as the Holy Ghost, as Jesus-only people teach, but He did say, “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you . . . even unto the end of the world.” There would have been no better time than right here for Jesus to have frankly told the disciples that He was the only God and the Father and the Holy Ghost and all of God, but instead He revealed three separate persons in the Godhead. Finis J. Dake, God's Plan for Man, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 2004), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 485.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Baptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is NOT obeying Jesus

Post by branham1965 »

I read that.i realize that he taught that.i had a DARB in 1978. :-|

people in the book of Acts like Peter Paul and Phillip obeyed Jesus by Baptizing in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
but you would rather say oh the greek says...or it means 'the authority of" :neutral: or something else.and deny the Holy Ghost infilling injcludes speaking in tongues.
when Peter prayed for the man in Acts 3 what did he say???when Trinitarian Preachers pray for the sick and pray at all what do they say?????when Paul cast the devil out of the girl what did he say.when he delivered the fornicator to Satan what so called formula did he use Bibleman!!!!???? THE NAME THE NAME THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST!!!!

ORALLY SPEAKING THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST!!!! if you aint ...and i know you aint you aint doing what they did.
deep down you know that.but you rebel and refuse to because your entire faith is based on the theology of a man.a great godly one for sure.but still a man.

no need to boot me.im going on my own....i will not badmouth the Reverend.so im gone.gone with JESUS .you do what you want to do.

i cannot be on here anyway.Amos 3;3.we dont agree.i certainly well ill +zip +zip +zip .gone.

Ray

Post by Ray »

bibleman wrote:The Scripture is clear - baptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is not taught by Jesus Christ, and those who do baptize in the name of Jesus ONLY are disobeying the words of Jesus!
The “Jesus-only” sect, who contend that baptism should be only in Jesus' name, and who deceitfully prey upon honest and ignorant souls, may claim they obey Mt. 28:19, but they never obey it; they never recognize it in baptism; and they always re-baptize those who have been baptized according to Mt. 28:19. If they claim to obey Mt. 28:19, then insist that they baptize you this way and see how they back down in their claim and see a concrete example of deliberate rejection of part of the Bible. Could not Jesus have said in Mt. 28:19 what Jesus-only people teach, if that is really what He meant to say? If He did not say what they teach, then that is not what He means, and we had better reject their fallacy on baptism and obey Mt. 28:19. We must either reject this false teaching or reject God. One cannot believe and obey both, for they are just the opposite of each other.

The preposition “of” and the conjunction “and” repeated each time before each of the three names in Mt. 28:19 further prove three separate persons. If one would say “a gift of John and of James and of George” he means a gift from three persons, not one. Jesus did not say baptize upon the authority of His name only, but also in the name of, or by the authority of, the Father and of the Holy Ghost. He did not tell them to do this until He came back in ten days as the Holy Ghost, as Jesus-only people teach, but He did say, “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you . . . even unto the end of the world.” There would have been no better time than right here for Jesus to have frankly told the disciples that He was the only God and the Father and the Holy Ghost and all of God, but instead He revealed three separate persons in the Godhead. Finis J. Dake, God's Plan for Man, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 2004), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 485.
Hi Bibleman,
I don't think Peter and Paul was familiar with Rev. Dake's teaching on Baptism.

Acts 2:38
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 19:4-5
4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:The Scripture is clear - baptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is not taught by Jesus Christ, and those who do baptize in the name of Jesus ONLY are disobeying the words of Jesus!

Hi Bibleman,

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Ray.. every thing they did in the book of Acts was "in the authority of Jesus" Jesus had told them " in my name cast out devils,heal the sick, preach the gospel etc"
so it is no shock that they baptised in the name of Jesus,,vis,, In the name of Jesus i baptise you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
or is this the only command of Jesus that they did not obey?

macca

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thats good Reverend Bible and macca, I plan on ordering Gods plan for man. I also love Dakes commentary and the explanation of act 2:38 and 19:4-5, this really harmonizes well and takes the contradiction out of Matt 28:19.

Ray

Post by Ray »

macca wrote:
Ray wrote:

Hi Bibleman,

Ray.. every thing they did in the book of Acts was "in the authority of Jesus" Jesus had told them " in my name cast out devils,heal the sick, preach the gospel etc"
so it is no shock that they baptised in the name of Jesus,,vis,, In the name of Jesus i baptise you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

macca

JESUS IS GOD
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST JESUS

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ray wrote:
macca wrote:
Ray wrote:

Hi Bibleman,

macca

JESUS IS GOD
Hi Ray,

A questions for you...

Was Jesus throwing his voice into heaven and was God working Jesus like a puppet on a sting at the baptism?

Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ray

Post by Ray »

bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:
macca wrote:
Ray wrote:

Hi Bibleman,

macca

JESUS IS GOD
Hi Ray,

A questions for you...

Was Jesus throwing his voice into heaven and was God working Jesus like a puppet on a sting at the baptism?

Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Hello Bibleman,
The answer to your question is NO, Attempting to understand the Works Of GOD through the natural mind is impossible.

There is people who come knocking at my door (mostly a couple of people)
who ask the same type of question you ask.

A couple of Questions for you Bibleman....

Do you believe JESUS IS GOD ?
DO you believe The HOLY SPIRIT is THE SPIRIT OF JESUS CHRIST ?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Ray wrote:
macca wrote:
Ray wrote:

Hi Bibleman,

macca

JESUS IS GOD

So according to your interpretation of Acts. 2:24-32;
Jesus raised up Jesus's body from the grave, raised his own soul from hell and in verse 32 He was beside himself when He raised Himself up????????
macca

Ray

Post by Ray »

macca,
Do you believe that,
JESUS IS GOD
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST JESUS ?