Dake Bible Discussion BoardBaptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is NOT obeying Jesus!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Baptizing in the name of Jesus ONLY is NOT obeying Jesus

Post by branham1965 »

i understand mate.i agree with the Word you show of course.

my question: folks show John 14:28 to say Jesus was less than the Father.see Philippians 2
now ill answer you according to my understanding of the Reverend Dake Systematic Theology.

Jesus became a Son when he became flesh.He was not a Son in eternity.but He was a separate God equal with the Father and Holy Spirit.
so is this verse expressing Jesus Christ in His HUMANITY or His Eternal...DEITY??? is He as God equal to the other members in the Godhead???or is He less???

Ironman wrote:The Father is God, Jesus, the Word, (John 1:1), who was with God and who was God and became a man, (John 1:14), is also God!

And dont forget what Jesus who repects the Father and is in obedience to the Father, He said He came to do His FATHERS WILL! "For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me." (John 6:38).

Jesus also said, " MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I," Right Here;

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." (John 14:28).

The Father is God, Jesus is also God and so is the Holy Spirit God!

Jesus also said, if you have seen me, you have seen the Father! "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?" (John 14:9),

In a nutshell! When you look at a photograph of me at say age 25, you will say, "Theres Haz, yep, thats for sure! then look at a photograph of my biological father at age 25, you would say, "Thats Haz, yes, thats him!
Last edited by branham1965 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

thanks for responding Darren.
the post is quite interesting.

how amazed Arius,Alexander,Athanasius and Sabellius and old Constantine would be to see us fussing on here about the Godhead 1700 years later. :shocked!:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

you could have been a model at 25.you were bloody handsome.still are.
but you looked like you fist fought more times the George Foreman or Muhammad Ali or Smokin' Joe Frazier combined. :scrambleup: :scatter: :mrgreen:
Ironman wrote:The Father is God, Jesus, the Word, (John 1:1), who was with God and who was God and became a man, (John 1:14), is also God!

And dont forget what Jesus who repects the Father and is in obedience to the Father, He said He came to do His FATHERS WILL! "For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me." (John 6:38).

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." (John 14:28).

Jesus also said, if you have seen me, you have seen the Father! "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?" (John 14:9),

In a nutshell! When you look at a photograph of me at say age 25, you will say, "Theres Haz, yep, thats for sure! then look at a photograph of my biological father at age 25, you would say, "Thats Haz, yes, thats him!

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Is this not pretty definitive to anyone?

Ray

Post by Ray »

Hello Billy,
Above you wrote:
"Jesus became a Son when he became flesh.He was not a Son in eternity.but He was a separate God equal with the Father and Holy Spirit.
so is this verse expressing Jesus Christ in His HUMANITY or His Eternal...DEITY??? is He as God equal to the other members in the Godhead???or is He less???"

Saying "He was a seperate God"

Wouldn't that belief make one Polytheistic ?

JESUS is Equal to GOD Because HE is GOD:

Philippians 2:5-7
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

1 Timothy 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Titus 2:13
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of THE GREAT GOD AND OUR SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST;

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

hello Brother Ray :scatter:
i have trouble posting whats in my thick head to my finger to the post.i was trying to say that that concept ...please see my paragraph before it was the good Reverend's systematic theology.
he taught that God ,Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are three separate distinct Beings each with their own personal spirit bodies ,spirit souls and spirit spirits.they are one only in purpose and so on.that is the Reverend Dake theology.
i was trying to say and am saying now that this is NOT the traditional Trinitarian theology at all.im NOT badmouthing the Reverend here.im stating things as they are.the Church of God and Assemblies of God DO NOT believe that.

of course i believe the Scriptures you posted.i believe there is ONE GOD manifested in three ways the Father in creation ,the Son in redemption and the Holy Ghost in regeneration. :fadein:
:rainbow1: :turn-l: :mrgreen: :scatter: +wink
Ray wrote:Hello Billy,
Above you wrote:
"Jesus became a Son when he became flesh.He was not a Son in eternity.but He was a separate God equal with the Father and Holy Spirit.
so is this verse expressing Jesus Christ in His HUMANITY or His Eternal...DEITY??? is He as God equal to the other members in the Godhead???or is He less???"

Saying "He was a seperate God"

Wouldn't that belief make one Polytheistic ?

JESUS is Equal to GOD Because HE is GOD:

Philippians 2:5-7
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

1 Timothy 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Titus 2:13
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of THE GREAT GOD AND OUR SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST;

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

if i offended you Haz.i apologise.i never could tell a joke.or be funny trying. :lol:

branham1965 wrote:you could have been a model at 25.you were bloody handsome.still are.
but you looked like you fist fought more times the George Foreman or Muhammad Ali or Smokin' Joe Frazier combined. :scrambleup: :scatter: :mrgreen:

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

branham1965 wrote:i understand mate.i agree with the Word you show of course.

my question: folks show John 14:28 to say Jesus was less than the Father.see Philippians 2
now ill answer you according to my understanding of the Reverend Dake Systematic Theology.

Jesus became a Son when he became flesh.He was not a Son in eternity.but He was a separate God equal with the Father and Holy Spirit.
so is this verse expressing Jesus Christ in His HUMANITY or His Eternal...DEITY??? is He as God equal to the other members in the Godhead???or is He less???

If I May Billy, give a small theology teaching here, may be a bit long so bare with me.
I think Billy there maybe some misunderstanding in some churches or in some theology about the hypostatic union of christ and how that fits into the theology of the trinity. What I mean by hypostatic union of christ, When he came to the earth and was made flesh he was 100% Divine and 100% man not a half-ling like in the case of Hercules 50% of both. This aspect of him and his hypostatic union and belief in that, and how there are three the bare record in heaven and are one, is essential to the christian faith, this is why John in his first epistle put emphasis on this basic fundamental doctrine. Because the gnostics, who john was writing about in his 1st letter could not adhere to any deity being 100% man and 100% God. I guess because of thier Greek ideology of polytheism, they denied Jesus humanity or separated his hypostaticunion. But even knowing that can pose a problem with the understanding of that and of course as you well know this was the main subject matter for the first two councils in the 4th century. Jesus had no hypostatic union before he came in the flesh he was the divine logos(the word) the second person of the trinity, that is what Dake is in a sense is referring to. Son of man and son of God refers to humanity especially son of man, son of God has a both a divine and humanity union. But before he became flesh he was the divine logos, 100% deity(God) co equal with the father in divinity and deity. But I believe you already know all of this. A lot of oneness theology fail to see that Jesus is not the father or the holy spirit, three co equal in deity and one in unity and substance. And, correct me if I am wrong but oneness theology is Jesus is God the father right? No disrespect to you but if this is the case, that is completely against what the Scriptures and the early church fathers taught. I think they (oneness teachers and preachers) believe the way they do because they don't want to be identified with Polytheism and rightly so. But believing in the Tri-unity of God is not polytheism . let me explain; Not a seperate gods lets say like Odin or Thor or Zeus but a member of the same Godhead three with the same deity same Godhead. The false gods of mythology does not have a Godhead but differant forms of deity. like the god of thunder or the god of war etc, this as we know is not the case with the Godhead. Mythology says different gods and differences in deity. Dake is saying three separate individuals with the same deity all are God and one in unity. Also in mythology the gods are differant degrees of deity and ranks and this is the case in polytheism across the board in ancient Egyptian, Greek and Nordic,roman mythology and so forth. Like Loki the god of mischief is not as great but is deity as Odin but Odin has a greater degree of deity or godhood then Loki. In Christianity The Father,Jesus ,and the Holy Spirit are unified in deity(the Godhead). In the council in niece in 325 this is describe as using the term "of the same substance". Odin Loki are not of the same substance thier Deity and godhood is different. Ok now to John 14:28 this is referring to Jesus humanity not his divinity or deity. That's why I went into the whole hypostatic union of christ. If the Jesus is not equal in deity with the father then that would be Polytheism.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Rocky,

the false gods thing is cool.zeus. odin was a norse one.
some people today who are neo nazi's :neutral: actually worship odin and thor .

Dr.David K.Bernard is a fair cool dude.he is the head Bishop of the United Pentecostal Church.and he is a Bible Scholar with numerous degrees and honors.and has numerous books and debates one can obtain to learn the proper Oneness position.it is not Jesus Only as some think. :lol:
so far on here i have not used anything ive bought thats Apostolic and pretended it was my own.
i reckon that it shows but its my own thoughts at least.

so you believe JESUS was both very God and very Man on the earth???

im not sure im understanding you. +goofy

Ray

Post by Ray »

Rocky wrote:
branham1965 wrote:i understand mate.i agree with the Word you show of course.

If I May Billy, give a small theology teaching here, may be a bit long so bare with me.
I think Billy there maybe some misunderstanding in some churches or in some theology about the hypostatic union of christ and how that fits into the theology of the trinity. What I mean by hypostatic union of christ, When he came to the earth and was made flesh he was 100% Divine and 100% man not a half-ling like in the case of Hercules 50% of both. This aspect of him and his hypostatic union and belief in that, and how there are three the bare record in heaven and are one, is essential to the christian faith, this is why John in his first epistle put emphasis on this basic fundamental doctrine. Because the gnostics, who john was writing about in his 1st letter could not adhere to any deity being 100% man and 100% God. I guess because of thier Greek ideology of polytheism, they denied Jesus humanity or separated his hypostaticunion. But even knowing that can pose a problem with the understanding of that and of course as you well know this was the main subject matter for the first two councils in the 4th century. Jesus had no hypostatic union before he came in the flesh he was the divine logos(the word) the second person of the trinity, that is what Dake is in a sense is referring to. Son of man and son of God refers to humanity especially son of man, son of God has a both a divine and humanity union. But before he became flesh he was the divine logos, 100% deity(God) co equal with the father in divinity and deity. But I believe you already know all of this. A lot of oneness theology fail to see that Jesus is not the father or the holy spirit, three co equal in deity and one in unity and substance. And, correct me if I am wrong but oneness theology is Jesus is God the father right? No disrespect to you but if this is the case, that is completely against what the Scriptures and the early church fathers taught. I think they (oneness teachers and preachers) believe the way they do because they don't want to be identified with Polytheism and rightly so. But believing in the Tri-unity of God is not polytheism . let me explain; Not a seperate gods lets say like Odin or Thor or Zeus but a member of the same Godhead three with the same deity same Godhead. The false gods of mythology does not have a Godhead but differant forms of deity. like the god of thunder or the god of war etc, this as we know is not the case with the Godhead. Mythology says different gods and differences in deity. Dake is saying three separate individuals with the same deity all are God and one in unity. Also in mythology the gods are differant degrees of deity and ranks and this is the case in polytheism across the board in ancient Egyptian, Greek and Nordic,roman mythology and so forth. Like Loki the god of mischief is not as great but is deity as Odin but Odin has a greater degree of deity or godhood then Loki. In Christianity The Father,Jesus ,and the Holy Spirit are unified in deity(the Godhead). In the council in niece in 325 this is describe as using the term "of the same substance". Odin Loki are not of the same substance thier Deity and godhood is different. Ok now to John 14:28 this is referring to Jesus humanity not his divinity or deity. That's why I went into the whole hypostatic union of christ. If the Jesus is not equal in deity with the father then that would be Polytheism.

John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

In The Jehovah Witness's Bible "The New World Translation" John 1:1 is written as John 1:1 " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a God." { NOTICE " A GOD" }

JESUS is not "a" God, He is THE GOD along with THE FATHER and THE HOLY SPIRIT.