Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Modern "GRACE" gospel

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: The Modern "GRACE" gospel

Post by branham1965 »

Joseph Prince is possibly the most popular Preacher on tv.
no Linda i know he would not condone living wrong. :agrue: my bad.
the Dad Hagin thing was not a dig at you.
i think we are all dispensationalist's on here.ive fussed with you years ago about it.i do regret that.
i was taught at 15 what my late Preacher taught us from the DAKE BIBLE.
[/quote]

I couldn't really find any specific teachings on Prince's web site. I did see that, even though he believes the Bible to be God's inerrent and perfect word, he uses the NKJV. Never heard of him till now, but it's hard for me to think that someone who basically follows the Baptist doctrine (at least as nearly as I can tell from his statement of beliefs) would condone behavior like you're describing. Can this sinner be redeemed? Absolutely. But, first he must change his mind about his behavior (repent) and then trust and accept Christ and strive to follow Him. I don't know if he's really saved, or would like people to think he's saved. Either way, he's a really bad "advertisement" for Christianity. It hurts me to see people like this, who are living these kinds of lifestyles and claim Christianity at the same time. I think they'll be held accountable for the souls that they showed this example to.[/quote]

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: The Modern "GRACE" gospel

Post by branham1965 »

i am a dispensationalist too Linda.we are just a bit different.

but i wont fuss or spar about that ever again.

graceforme wrote:
Justaned wrote:
graceforme wrote:I would just like to say something about the modern "grace" message. I am a grace believer. Saved by God's grace. Living by God's grace. I haven't read through all the posts, and I don't know anything about the pastor that was mentioned early in the posts, but I would just like to say this. I've had people say to me, "You think you can do whatever you want to." I totally agree. The thing is, that when God saved me, my "want-to" changed. Living by grace is not a license to sin (after all, who ever needed a license - most folks sin very easily without one). Grace living is righteous living, sober living, striving to be more like Jesus Christ in our life, and allowing Him to live His life through us so that others may see His love through our lives.

There always have been and always will be, those who feel it right to abuse the freedom that we have in Christ. Living a life that is pleasing to God is not about rules and regulations - it's about loving God so much that we want to please Him in every way. After all, God's laws were meant to point man to a Saviour. I love the Lord for what He has done for me, and to think that my behaviour would cause Him disappointment would make me truly unhappy. God's grace has freed us from bondage to sin, and those who think they can live a sinful lifestyle - well, I personally don't think they were saved at all.

Saved by grace, and living it every day.
Nicely Stated! Most Excellent! Bravo! Amen!

Thank you and many blessings to you. So many times, when I say "dispensational", I get blasted by someone.