Dake Bible Discussion BoardHOW MUCH GOOD WORKS IS ENOUGH?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: HOW MUCH GOOD WORKS IS ENOUGH?

Post by branham1965 »

hey dolph.
i think your post is very interesting.

i am suprised folks are not responding.

the GRACE ONLY teaching :neutral: pervading the Christian airwaves is just another itching ears false doctrine .Hal Lindsey taught a form of this in the 1970's. :shocked!:
its a placebo which in most cases trying to convince lost ,unclean, unsaved people that they are saved and right with God when they are not.which is everyone born once in this world.

thats just what natural fleshly human beings want to hear.people can have a bit of religion....but not too much.we can still be in control and do what we want and claim salvation.we can sin like the world,play the hypocrite have a foot in both Kingdoms but have an air of religiousity and profess to be born again.

BUT
its completely foreign to the teachings of the Bible and our Pentecostal fathers who taught real salvation and holiness.

living after the flesh and sinning like the devil is cursed behavior ..... to those who have truly learned Christ.see Ephesians 4:20-32.
Last edited by branham1965 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

somehow it doubled up .... :o

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

well i tried dolph.

after 6 years on here ... perhaps i do not count anymore.

+911 +911 +911 +united

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

branham1965 wrote:i just walked by some neighbors who are shacking up.a guy with some girl and her 3 kids.
he told me its okay to shack up and live in sin because its GRACE ONLY.... :neutral:
another young dude wanted me to go to a large Church here in Columbus a mega church.he too is shacking up with his girlfriend.but OSAS he told me.
You are very much right in one of your other replies on this thread. Grace only is a tickling of the ears. This is a very popular docterin now days. We all know and understand that it is based on faith, but the scriptures are clear, that is only for initial justification. The bible does not teach Faith only for the believer only for initial conversion. If you listen to teachers and preachers that teach faith only for the believer then the book of James and paul's writings seem to contradict one another, even in some cases Paul contradicts him self. And we know the Bible is in perfect harmony. I love Dakes explanation on faith and works he uses the analogy of fire and fuel as fire needs fuel to burn, fuel needs fire for the same reason, if one is removed form the other the law of fire does not work. Me being a wild land firefighter, this was an awesome revelation for me. I used to be grace only, in was very much into the teachings of Joseph Prince and others who teach this dribble. I am very much thankful to the lord that he should me the error of this theology before I started teaching/preaching at my local church. I believe God used the DARB to bring me out of this theology. I knew God was dealing with me to preach/teach his word but the Lord had to show me I was in error, this was not a fun time for me, chastisement isn't easy. But it does make you grow in grace and in the knowledge of our lord. So Faith and works can never be separated for the believer, it will only lead to confusion.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

"then said they unto Him what shall we do that we might work the works of God?Jesus answered and said to them this is the work of God that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent."John 6:28ff

saving faith includes obedience
Acts 6:7,Rom1:5,Rom 6:17,Rom 10:16,Romans 16;26,2Thess 1:8,Heb 5;9
saving faith includes repentance Luke 13:3,5,Acts 3:19,Acts 17:30,Psalm 51:17,Proverbs 28:13,Luke 3:8,Acts 26:18-20,2 Cor 7:10.
saving faith includes water baptism IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST for the remission of sins Mark 16:15-16,John 3:5,Acts 2:38,Acts 22:16,Rom 6:3-4,1 Cor 6:11,Gal 3:27,Col 2:11-12,Acts 8:16,Acts 10;48,Acts 19:3-5,
saving faith includes the Baptism of the Holy Ghost and speaking in other tongues
Joel 2:28-29,Matt 3:11,John 20:22,Acts 1:4-5,Acts 2:38-39,Luke 24:47-49,John 7:37-39,Gal 4:4-6,Eph 1:13-14,Titus 3:5,1John 3:24.

dolph wrote:I would say, ideally, the amount of good works (or maybe I should have said "obedience") should equal or exceed the promptings one receives from the Holy Spirit. If one does less he falls into territory where his salvation could be in danger. This would depend on where God draws the line regarding being led by the Holy Spirit.

I also think rewards play into this equation. Perhaps the most obedient will rule more cities than the less obedient?!