Dake Bible Discussion BoardDoes one need the Holy Ghost Baptism to make the rapture???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Does one need the Holy Ghost Baptism to make the rapture

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:
branham1965 wrote:HAZ

MATE I LOVE YOU BROTHER AND WOULD THROW THE DOGS FOR YOU.

MY QUESTION IS DO YOU NEED TO BE BAPTISED +wink IN THE HOLY GHOST TO MAKE.....THE RAPTURE????

ER,, don't know :crazyeyes:

If we do, than, there are 2nd class christians me thinks... :shocked!:

Dogs are faithful even when we stuff up, they never leave us or chew on our legs,, :mrgreen:
And macca, I know dogs find us amusing when we are drunk, and If a dog decides for some reason to leave us, it won't take half our stuff. ay? And, Dogs like to go hunting.

No Billy I dont think so. We recieve the Spirit of adoption when we are born again. The repentant thief on the cross was taken straight to paradise by Jesus Himself without ever being baptized in any way. All he said to Jesus was, "Remenber me in your kingdom! I believe Jesus adopted him there and then! so I dont see why we need to be baptized in the spirit and have a full measure of the Spirit to be raptured. Like macca said earlier, we should believe in Jesus, repent when one sins, and believe in the Father who sent Jesus.
Every believer today recieves the Spirit of adoption and is filled with the Spirit in a MEASURE when born again: "Yeare not in the flesh, but in the Sprirt, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the spirit of Christ, he is none of His. . . .ye have recieved the Spirit of ADOPTION, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the childrenof God" (Romans 8:9-16; 1 Cor. 3:16; 12:13). No man can be a child of God without recieving the Spirit in a MEASURE! The spirit of adoption if nothing more is a measure of the Spirit.

It is by the Spirit that men are convicted (John 16:7-11).we are made new creatures (2 Cor. 5:17) and freed from sin (Romans 8:1-13). One can have all these blessings and not be baptized in the Spirit, for men in all ages before Pentecost had these experiences.
Last edited by Ironman on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i was taught that this was true

MEANING YOU MUST BE BAPTISED IN THE HOLY GHOST AND SPEAK IN OTHER TONGUES

TO GO IN THE RAPTURE.... +dunno +dontknow +dunno +dontknow

in two legitimate full gospel Pentecostal =Charismatic Churches

Bethesda Christian Church i used to feed on there tapes.

latter rain influence heavy.ive put them on here 100 times .not n ONE response.

James Lee Beall was beyond being Anointed.

like my Pastor i was stunned that he did not want any attention at all.
Dr.Beall has books ive mentioned them here.

when i was married to a campbellite she heard him minister

with such an Anointing....she came over ...,we would just feed on his tapes.

i drove truck then and listened to him 24=7.
if i could go back i would have moved to Michigan.
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Post by davido »

I had a sister in law whose infant died in childbirth.
Knowing I was a bible person, she asked me, if her son was
saved? He had no opportunity to have been baptised by
water nor born again.

In the 1950's up to the years when we were introducted to the Spirit
filled life, many people could not have been 'born again'. They
believed in God, built churches, served in the church, and
practiced their faith. When the 1970's came, my mom became
familair in the out pouring of The Holy Spirit and she loved that.
But, for my grandparents, and that generation no one knew
the charismatic days. They brought me to church, of which
I never missed a Sunday in thirteen years except for the chicken
pox. Were they saved?

Jesus told Nicodemus (sp) ye must be born again.

I am thankful for the midst of Isiah 55 where God proclaims
"my ways are not your ways, for my thoughts are higher than
your thought and my ways are higher than your thoughts."

Isaah 55 is an important scripture.

I found in the bible an example where an infant was saved,
and I know even as Martin Luther, that my dog even can
go to heaven. God as is Jesus Christ is more concerned
with the sprit of the law than the letter of the law.

On the other hand, I've known people whom through their
life they made fun of Christians, did all they could to
harm people in general and were gleeful when they could
cause hurt to a person, especially if they were church people.

I've been to many funerals, and usually I sense a peace, but
when attending the funeral of one whose life was always
jublilent hurting other people, I felt a definate sense of
terror at their funeral. We have some an unction of the
Holy Spirit of which is given for the discernment between
good and evil and had we not needed that, it would not be given.

Gods statutes and commends even back to Deuteronomy in the
chapters of blessings and curses are still relevant, however
it is God that decides whose names shall appear in the book of life.
If Isaish 55 were not, and like scriptures, then the scripture would
be legalism as was the Levitical priesthood, but henced it is not.
Thus God by His own determination can parden or in most cases
will uphold his ordinances of which it would be sensefless for
God to issue them if they had no meaning to be done.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:i was taught that this was true

MEANING YOU MUST BE BAPTISED IN THE HOLY GHOST AND SPEAK IN OTHER TONGUES

TO GO IN THE RAPTURE.... +dunno +dontknow +dunno +dontknow

in two legitimate full gospel Pentecostal =Charismatic Churches

Bethesda Christian Church i used to feed on there tapes.

latter rain influence heavy.ive put them on here 100 times .not n ONE response.

James Lee Beall was beyond being Anointed.

like my Pastor i was stunned that he did not want any attention at all.
Dr.Beall has books ive mentioned them here.

when i was married to a campbellite she heard him minister

with such an Anointing....she came over ...,we would just feed on his tapes.

i drove truck then and listened to him 24=7.
if i could go back i would have moved to Michigan.
Every believer today recieves the Spirit of adoption and is filled with the Spirit in a MEASURE when born again: "Yeare not in the flesh, but in the Sprirt, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the spirit of Christ, he is none of His. . . .ye have recieved the Spirit of ADOPTION, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the childrenof God" (Romans 8:9-16; 1 Cor. 3:16; 12:13). No man can be a child of God without recieving the Spirit in a MEASURE! The spirit of adoption if nothing more is a measure of the Spirit.

It is by the Spirit that men are convicted (John 16:7-11).we are made new creatures (2 Cor. 5:17) and freed from sin (Romans 8:1-13). One can have all these blessings and not be baptized in the Spirit, for men in all ages before Pentecost had these experiences.

If the Spirit of baptisn was not given to men before Pentecost, and they did have all the above mentioned blessings before pentecost, then there is all the difference in the world between the baptism in the Spirit and all these other blessings you speak of. Such blesings will anturally bein the lives fo those baptized in the Spirit, but they do not constitute such baptism, not should the be taken as evidence of baptism. The baptism in the Spirit is the Spirit without measuer (John 3:34; Matt. 20:20-23; Luke 4:18-21; Acts 10:38), and these other blessings are simply differentmeasures of the Spirit and are ONLY A PART OF THE FULNESS OF GOD. Nothing to do with any requirement to partake in the rapture?? Dont worry mate!! You will be there!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

dolph wrote:The DARB @ John 6:2, *d lists 23 Conditions of eternal life including keeping the commandments. He then states, We get eternal life now and keep it forever IF we meet the above conditions, but it does not become an unforfeitable eternal possession until we "enter in to it", Math. 7:13; 18:8-9; 19:17; Rom. 6:22; receive it (Rom. 6:23; Jas. 1:12; 1Pet. 1:13)

Most the "Church" would disagree with the high standards Dake says the Bible demands for salvation. I 'm repelled by the low standards the average church holds it's members to, "only believe". The devil believes and trembles. There are over 1,000 commandments in the New Testament.

Bottom line, I think it is a process of progress where we, individually, keep raising the standard in our own lives until we get to the point of being truly "crucified with Christ", dead to selfishness of any kind and repent every time we sin and confess our sin to our High Priest Jesus. Dr. Dake said, we are held responsible for the revelation we have received.
Well said mate.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

dolph wrote:The silence is deafening.
Reminded me of the song, "Silence is golden!" LOL.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ironman wrote:
dolph wrote:The silence is deafening.
Reminded me of the song, "Silence is golden!" LOL.
You mean this!

[video][/video]

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

branham1965 wrote:Some Pentecostals say that one must be water baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ and be filled with the Holy Ghost and speak in others tongues to be saved.most of us would regard this as doctrinal error and false.

others who are Trinitarian Pentecostals and Charismatics teach that one must (after salvation )MUST be baptized in the Holy Ghost and speak in other tongues to make the rapture.MUST.

thoughts please ?? +ummm +ummm +ummm
Its pretty simple really 1Thess 4:13-18

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Verse 14 I believe gives the answer..

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

1 Cor. 15:23;
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward THEY that are Christ's at his coming.

Thats all that Paul stipulated. Be Christ's at His coming...

Whatever that entails i am sure every one has a different view from what is plainly stated in the bible.

macca :mrgreen:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

simple eh???really????all the early Church believed that romans 10:9-10!!!!! and also all were baptised in the Holy Ghost!!!!!
remember in Acts 8 the new ones believed Phillip concerning the Kingdom of God and the Lord Jesus and were water baptised =something looked upon as unecessary on here by some +wink . but they lacked something yes????they needed the Baptism of the Holy Ghost and they got it!!! did anyone even bother to look at the Ernest Angley website and see what was said about 30 Bible reasons you must have the Baptism to make the rapture.
i dont think Reverend Dake was wrong on this but im making a point sighs.....
Rocky wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Some Pentecostals say that one must be water baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ and be filled with the Holy Ghost and speak in others tongues to be saved.most of us would regard this as doctrinal error and false.

others who are Trinitarian Pentecostals and Charismatics teach that one must (after salvation )MUST be baptized in the Holy Ghost and speak in other tongues to make the rapture.MUST.

thoughts please ?? +ummm +ummm +ummm
Its pretty simple really 1Thess 4:13-18

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Verse 14 I believe gives the answer..