Dake Bible Discussion BoardBefore We Were Formed in the Womb

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Jay
2 Thessalonains

Before We Were Formed in the Womb

Post by Jay »

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

yada`, Hebrew 3045, Strong’s
yada`, yaw-dah'; a primitive root; to know (properly to ascertain by seeing); used in a great variety of senses, figurative, literal, euphemism and inference (including observation, care, recognition; and causative instruction, designation, punishment, etc.) [as follow] :- acknowledge, acquaintance (-ted with), advise, answer, appoint, assuredly, be aware, [un-] awares, can [-not], certainly, for a certainty, comprehend, consider, × could they, cunning, declare, be diligent, (can, cause to) discern, discover, endued with, familiar friend, famous, feel, can have, be [ig-] norant, instruct, kinsfolk, kinsman, (cause to, let, make) know, (come to give, have, take) knowledge, have [knowledge], (be, make, make to be, make self) known, + be learned, + lie by man, mark, perceive, privy to, × prognosticator, regard, have respect, skilful, shew, can (man of) skill, be sure, of a surety, teach, (can) tell, understand, have [understanding], × will be, wist, wit, wot.

I think this is a very interesting passage in scripture. The same word, "know," is used when Adam knew Eve.

Genesis 4:1
And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

It means to "know intimately." Obviously, God knew Jeremiah intimately before he was formed in his mother's womb.

Do any of you know of any other scriptures that talk about this. What is your opinion on how we know God before being formed in the womb? At what time do you think our spirits are created?

JayMc

Hebrews 10:35-36
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Re: Before We Were Formed in the Womb

Post by frenchie »

Hi! Jay.
Interresting question to me because i had this "memory" of the moment my spirit and soul came into existence before my creator. I recall being instantly in haw and adoration at the sight of the Father and overflowing with joy and gratefullness realizing the gift of life. This would be just before i was in the womb i guess.
Of course this is just an impression, i have no way to prove that it realy hapened that way or if it is just a pious thought but personaly, i like the idea...( maybe God allowed me to recall this ) Just the thought of it blesses my soul.
I think that before i was in my mother's womb, i've been in God's womb, sort of speak then He brought me into existence before his very own eyes.
Me opinion this is.
Bert.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

I believe that we are created by our parents, not God... oohh aarr you big ratbag... now hang on a bit..

When God made Adam out of the dust and breathed life into him Adam became a living being by the agentcy of God,,ie Adam the son of God.

Eve was made from Adams rib and God breathed life into her as well.

Then He said be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth "with yourselves"

The law of Genesis is , to reproduce after its kind.

And that is exactly what we do, we create after our kind, Human beings are produced by human beings because God gave us power to recreate after our kind.

That destroys that fable that God creates all defective humans that are malformed in body or soul or spirit, and puts it back where the onus belongs with us the ones with the power to reproduce after our kind...

So stop blaming God because you are defective in some way and stick it to your sin ridden forebares...that way we must trust God for our deliverance and use the measure of faith to overcome our weakness and deformities..

You see what i have done??? i have just taken away your excuse for not getting your healing, deliverance or whatever you have put back on God by saying God gave this to me so i must just put up with it..

For that old excuse that God made this us way is a bunch of junk that will get you nowhere.....

macca

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

Heb “I knew you.” The parallelism here with “set you apart” and “appointed you” make clear that Jeremiah is speaking of his foreordination to be a prophet. - NET Bible.
They have hit this accurately in the sense that it was the plan and appointing of Jeremiah he was speaking of. To make this (as some have preached) that God had an intimate relationship in the ions of time prior to our birth here in the physical world is erroneous. Its brought out in the NT with that of Paul found in Gal. 1:15 where the word "separated" is used.

Jay
2 Thessalonains

Post by Jay »

macca wrote:I believe that we are created by our parents, not God... oohh aarr you big ratbag... now hang on a bit..

When God made Adam out of the dust and breathed life into him Adam became a living being by the agentcy of God,,ie Adam the son of God.

Eve was made from Adams rib and God breathed life into her as well.

Then He said be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth "with yourselves"

The law of Genesis is , to reproduce after its kind.

And that is exactly what we do, we create after our kind, Human beings are produced by human beings because God gave us power to recreate after our kind.

That destroys that fable that God creates all defective humans that are malformed in body or soul or spirit, and puts it back where the onus belongs with us the ones with the power to reproduce after our kind...

So stop blaming God because you are defective in some way and stick it to your sin ridden forebares...that way we must trust God for our deliverance and use the measure of faith to overcome our weakness and deformities..

You see what i have done??? i have just taken away your excuse for not getting your healing, deliverance or whatever you have put back on God by saying God gave this to me so i must just put up with it..

For that old excuse that God made this us way is a bunch of junk that will get you nowhere.....

macca
:angel: :angel: :angel: Very nicely said. You know Dake was big on the "reproducing after their kind" truth.

What do you think about the questions I asked? Do you believe we have fellowship with God BEFORE we are formed in our mother's womb? When do you believe God creates our spirits?

JayMc

Hebrews 10:35-36
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Jay wrote:Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

yada`, yaw-dah'; a primitive root; to know (properly to ascertain by seeing); used in a great variety of senses, figurative, literal, euphemism and inference (including observation, care, recognition; and causative instruction, designation, punishment, etc.) [as follow] :- acknowledge, acquaintance (-ted with), advise, answer, appoint, assuredly, be aware, [un-] awares, can [-not], certainly, for a certainty, comprehend, consider, × could they, cunning, declare, be diligent, (can, cause to) discern, discover, endued with, familiar friend, famous, feel, can have, be [ig-] norant, instruct, kinsfolk, kinsman, (cause to, let, make) know, (come to give, have, take) knowledge, have [knowledge], (be, make, make to be, make self) known, + be learned, + lie by man, mark, perceive, privy to, × prognosticator, regard, have respect, skilful, shew, can (man of) skill, be sure, of a surety, teach, (can) tell, understand, have [understanding], × will be, wist, wit, wot.

I think this is a very interesting passage in scripture. The same word, "know," is used when Adam knew Eve.

And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

It means to "know intimately." Obviously, God knew Jeremiah intimately before he was formed in his mother's womb.

Do any of you know of any other scriptures that talk about this. What is your opinion on how we know God before being formed in the womb? At what time do you think our spirits are created?

JayMc
Hum...

Just some thoughts here.

I don't think our spirits are created!

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Adam received HIS spirit from God after his body was formed of the earth. Now spirit is NOT divisible like a piece of wood or cloth or things like that. Spirit is "spiritual" in nature. James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

So here is how I think it comes down.

1) God created man (human) of the dust of the ground.
2) God breathes HIS spirit into man and man receives HIS spirit and becomes a LIVING soul.

I think the same thing happens in procreation.

1) MAN (who is dust of the ground) creates man (human) by cohabiting with woman who is also dust of the earth viva Adam.
2) At some point in the 9 month process MAN breathes HIS spirit into man and man receives HIS spirit and becomes a LIVING soul.

Now when does this spirit (sharing) (We all share the spirit of our parents who share their spirit with ADAM who got the original spirit from GOD) take place? I of course don't know. But this is how I think it happens.

ONE spirit of life given by GOD to Adam. We all get (if you will - not a good word but) a portion of that spirit.

AGAIN - not written in stone, just my way of thinking about it.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Very well put Leon, much clearer than my ramblings.
Jay, what Leon said is what I was trying to get at.
Macca

bibleman wrote:
Jay wrote:Jeremiah 1:5

JayMc
Hum...

Just some thoughts here.

I don't think our spirits are created!

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Adam received HIS spirit from God after his body was formed of the earth. Now spirit is NOT divisible like a piece of wood or cloth or things like that. Spirit is "spiritual" in nature. James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

So here is how I think it comes down.

1) God created man (human) of the dust of the ground.
2) God breathes HIS spirit into man and man receives HIS spirit and becomes a LIVING soul.

I think the same thing happens in procreation.

1) MAN (who is dust of the ground) creates man (human) by cohabiting with woman who is also dust of the earth viva Adam.
2) At some point in the 9 month process MAN breathes HIS spirit into man and man receives HIS spirit and becomes a LIVING soul.

Now when does this spirit (sharing) (We all share the spirit of our parents who share their spirit with ADAM who got the original spirit from GOD) take place? I of course don't know. But this is how I think it happens.

ONE spirit of life given by GOD to Adam. We all get (if you will - not a good word but) a portion of that spirit.

AGAIN - not written in stone, just my way of thinking about it.