Dake Bible Discussion BoardA breath of sound doctrine concerning Daniel's 70 Weeks

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ray

Re: A breath of sound doctrine concerning Daniel's 70 Weeks

Post by Ray »

bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:Hi Bibleman,

Earlier you wrote:
"So Ray,

Then why are there still sins... if the END OF SINS" has come?"

As I said before the "End Of Sins" and the penalty of Sin has come to all
who accepts the Sacrifice made for Sin.

I can ask you If CHRIST has "put away sin" why is there still sin?
Hebrews 9:26
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Leon it's only to those who accepts The Sacrifice made for sin.
Hi Ray,

OK so if it is "only to those who accepts The Sacrifice made for sin." that experience this END OF SINS...

Then where in Daniel 9:24 does it state this?

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Hi Bibleman,

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy.

In examining Daniel’s prophecy “to make an end of sins,” may we conclude the bible teaches there has been an “end of sins” for God's people? Remember that the prophecy is to "thy people" (Daniel's people, Israel). This prophecy from the LORD through Gabriel is an answer to all of Daniel's prayers and supplications concerning Israel's sins. He understands that the curse of which Moses spoke has come to pass:

Deut 11:26 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; 27 A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: 28 And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.

Dan 9:11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.

Now God comes to comfort Daniel with the prophecy of the seventy weeks, in which He promises to make an "end of sins." Did God truly make an end of sins during this seventy week time period? When Jesus arrives on the scene, we have the testimony of the angel to Joseph concerning Christ's birth:

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

As the time neared when Jesus would be revealed to Israel, we have the testimony of John the Baptist:

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

And we have a multitude of testimony from Apostles and Prophets. Did the early church teach that the work of Christ had made an "end of sins"?

Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Paul taught that for those who were walking after the Spirit, sin had been condemned in the flesh. Walking in the Spirit meant that they were trusting in Christ by faith to be made right before God, and not trusting in law. Whenever Paul speaks about walking after the flesh, it is in the context of trying to be made right before God by law (which is equivalent to self-righteousness). This was the sin that caused the death (sin death, or covenant death). It was the same sin that separated Adam and Eve from God in the garden. This was also the death that Christ came to defeat by putting away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God;

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Notice how John states that if they had sin, then they had no part with God. Why is this? He defines sin in the previous verse:

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

In other words, John was telling them that if they still had sin, they were still under law. They could not be both under law and forgiven of their sins, because the law is what condemned them of sin. The only way sin could be removed was by trusting in Christ apart from the deeds of the law (Romans 3:20,28).This would put an end to sin, because Christ was the end of the law for all who believed (Romans 10:4).

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Jesus Christ, through His cross , has made an end of sins. He became sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God IN HIM! I believe the prophecy in Daniel 9:24 that God would "make an end of sins" is fulfilled in Jesus Christ. And if we are in Jesus Christ, it is fulfilled for us. Praise God that Christ made an end of sins!

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood.
Hi Ray,

So....

I see that you cannot produce the Scripture that states that "only to those who accepts The Sacrifice made for sin" experience this END OF SINS (AS YOU STATED).

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

That being the case...

Have you ever considered giving up false doctrines that don't appear in Scripture?
Hi Bibleman,
There was a time when I believed in false doctrine that did not appear in Scripture, Taught in many main stream churches, taught by preachers that would twist and change the WORD Of GOD to line up with a doctrine that is very popular but cannot stand in the light of the TRUTH. Yes I have at one time followed the teachings of man. But now that I have been shown the TRUTH I CANNOT follow these teachings of man no matter how popular or how respected the teacher or preacher is by man.I Must now follow The TRUTH.

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to PUT AWAY SIN by the sacrifice of himself.

I have presented the above verse of Scripture before, yet I would like to speak a little more on this verse of Heb 9:26:

The words "PUT AWAY" in Heb 9:26 is in the language (Greek) in which this verse was penned is athetesis its meaning is an abolition, the act of doing away with,or the state of being done away with.

Well... If JESUS has "PUT AWAY SIN" by the Sacrifice of Himself, as is CLEARLY Stated in Heb 9:26, HE has in FACT done away with, abolished,"Made An End To", SIN. This may be difficult for some to grasp and probably go against some doctines. But Please lets not avoid The TRUTH of SCRIPTURE.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Earlier you wrote:
"So Ray,

Then why are there still sins... if the END OF SINS" has come?"

As I said before the "End Of Sins" and the penalty of Sin has come to all
who accepts the Sacrifice made for Sin.

I can ask you If CHRIST has "put away sin" why is there still sin?
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Leon it's only to those who accepts The Sacrifice made for sin.
Hi Ray,

OK so if it is "only to those who accepts The Sacrifice made for sin." that experience this END OF SINS...

Then where in Daniel 9:24 does it state this?

Hi Bibleman,

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most holy.

In examining Daniel’s prophecy “to make an end of sins,” may we conclude the bible teaches there has been an “end of sins” for God's people? Remember that the prophecy is to "thy people" (Daniel's people, Israel). This prophecy from the LORD through Gabriel is an answer to all of Daniel's prayers and supplications concerning Israel's sins. He understands that the curse of which Moses spoke has come to pass:

Deut 11:26 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; 27 A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: 28 And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.

Dan 9:11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.

Now God comes to comfort Daniel with the prophecy of the seventy weeks, in which He promises to make an "end of sins." Did God truly make an end of sins during this seventy week time period? When Jesus arrives on the scene, we have the testimony of the angel to Joseph concerning Christ's birth:

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

As the time neared when Jesus would be revealed to Israel, we have the testimony of John the Baptist:

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

And we have a multitude of testimony from Apostles and Prophets. Did the early church teach that the work of Christ had made an "end of sins"?

Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Paul taught that for those who were walking after the Spirit, sin had been condemned in the flesh. Walking in the Spirit meant that they were trusting in Christ by faith to be made right before God, and not trusting in law. Whenever Paul speaks about walking after the flesh, it is in the context of trying to be made right before God by law (which is equivalent to self-righteousness). This was the sin that caused the death (sin death, or covenant death). It was the same sin that separated Adam and Eve from God in the garden. This was also the death that Christ came to defeat by putting away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God;

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Notice how John states that if they had sin, then they had no part with God. Why is this? He defines sin in the previous verse:

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

In other words, John was telling them that if they still had sin, they were still under law. They could not be both under law and forgiven of their sins, because the law is what condemned them of sin. The only way sin could be removed was by trusting in Christ apart from the deeds of the law (Romans 3:20,28).This would put an end to sin, because Christ was the end of the law for all who believed (Romans 10:4).

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Jesus Christ, through His cross , has made an end of sins. He became sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God IN HIM! I believe the prophecy in Daniel 9:24 that God would "make an end of sins" is fulfilled in Jesus Christ. And if we are in Jesus Christ, it is fulfilled for us. Praise God that Christ made an end of sins!

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood.
Hi Ray,

So....

I see that you cannot produce the Scripture that states that "only to those who accepts The Sacrifice made for sin" experience this END OF SINS (AS YOU STATED).

That being the case...

Have you ever considered giving up false doctrines that don't appear in Scripture?
Hi Bibleman,
There was a time when I believed in false doctrine that did not appear in Scripture, Taught in many main stream churches, taught by preachers that would twist and change the WORD Of GOD to line up with a doctrine that is very popular but cannot stand in the light of the TRUTH. Yes I have at one time followed the teachings of man. But now that I have been shown the TRUTH I CANNOT follow these teachings of man no matter how popular or how respected the teacher or preacher is by man.I Must now follow The TRUTH.

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to PUT AWAY SIN by the sacrifice of himself.

I have presented the above verse of Scripture before, yet I would like to speak a little more on this verse of Heb 9:26:

The words "PUT AWAY" in Heb 9:26 is in the language (Greek) in which this verse was penned is athetesis its meaning is an abolition, the act of doing away with,or the state of being done away with.

Well... If JESUS has "PUT AWAY SIN" by the Sacrifice of Himself, as is CLEARLY Stated in Heb 9:26, HE has in FACT done away with, abolished,"Made An End To", SIN. This may be difficult for some to grasp and probably go against some doctines. But Please lets not avoid The TRUTH of SCRIPTURE.
Hi Ray,

Sin has NOT ended yet with Israel and Jerusalem has it?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

politics.eschatology.70 weeks.a time a time and half a time.a day for a year.1260 days... +CrazyEyes

the Catholic Church is amilllenial .i was there until 14.

the Church of Christ is amillenial.i was there for awhile while married.i converted my ex-wife.you should do that before "i do".her father was not amused.i found that out while he strangled me one day.(i was still Pentecostal-Charismatic)

the Pentecostal -Charismatic Churches ive been blessed to be in were straight from the Scofield and Dake Bible.premillenial dispensationalists as far as eschatology.

i heard a form of preterism in the 1980 which was taught by Max King in the Church of Christ.they call it the 70 A.D. doctrine.

i think Hank Hanagraaf is a preterist or something like that now.he wrote a book about the end times around 2007-2008.

" the horror ....the horror " of it all is people today who are brawling over end times doctrines and bashing heads like mountain goats do not believe in the foundation truths of the Scripture.

they in many cases DO NOT even believe in the Holy Ghost Baptism or speaking in other tongues as the Apostles taught it!!!!!!!! +scream +afraid +shame +bugeyed

there will be nearly 700 million Pentecostals on earth soon.i reckon all of them want to leave the earth in the great catching away...the rapture.as do evangelicals and fundies of every kind.

it is the glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ.Titus 2 :13.

NIV 1984 "we pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you and you in Him according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ....the footnote reads according to the grace of OUR GOD AND LORD, JESUS CHRIST.
thank you Jesus. :scrambleup: :scatter: :Fade-color :turn-l:

Ray

Post by Ray »

Hi Bibleman,
earlier you wrote "Sin has NOT ended yet with Israel and Jerusalem has it?"

The very means of putting an End to sin (JESUS' Sacrificial Death) was done In Israel,For those of Israel First.
Acts 5:31
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to ISRAEL, and forgiveness of sins.

The word "forgiveness" in Acts 5:31is in the Greek aphesis meaning:
forgiveness or pardon, of sins (letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty.
{The Etymology (origin) of the word "forgiveness" used here is aphiemi: to omitt, as a husband puts away his wife in divorce}

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

The very means of putting an End to sin (JESUS' Sacrificial Death) was done In Israel,For those of Israel First.
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to ISRAEL, and forgiveness of sins.

forgiveness or pardon, of sins (letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty.
{The Etymology (origin) of the word "forgiveness" used here is aphiemi: to omitt, as a husband puts away his wife in divorce}
Hi Ray,

Are you saying that sin has ended in Jerusalem where Muslims still rule in a lot of the city?

Notice the note below... take some time to study it... OPEN your mind! If you will, you not be so confused about this issue.

(2) "To make an end of sins" concerning Israel and Jerusalem. This has never been done, but will be accomplished at the second coming of Christ (Ezek. 36:24-30; 37:24-27; 43:7; Zech. 14). The Spirit of repentance will be poured out upon Israel just before the second coming, and a fountain for sin and uncleanness will be opened to the whole nation at that time (Zech. 12:10 -- Zech. 13:1; Rom. 11:25-29). Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 9".

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

ive been there.in the flesh.there are Muslims everywhere.the Mosque of Omar sits on the Temple mount.inside is splendid architecture.and there is a demon face in the one wall.some thought so in my Church group from Warren.
there was plenty of sin in Jerusalem.a vendor wanted to kill me.imagine it. +tiptoe
i was 18.
and in the Lord.Tel Aviv was modernized.it had discos +afraid +scream and other sinful stuff. the women were just beautiful.i can still remember being on the beach in Tel Aviv and seeing a beauty in a white ...bikini.an elder brother and my friend and i just looked at one another and .he played frisbee with her.i was much more timid then.we didnt stay long.
Yofi means pretty lady.
there was alot of sin there in 1979.and there still is.
bibleman wrote:

Hi Ray,

Are you saying that sin has ended in Jerusalem where Muslims still rule in a lot of the city?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

branham1965 wrote:ive been there.in the flesh.there are Muslims everywhere.the Mosque of Omar sits on the Temple mount.inside is splendid architecture.and there is a demon face in the one wall.some thought so in my Church group from Warren.
there was plenty of sin in Jerusalem.a vendor wanted to kill me.imagine it. +tiptoe
i was 18.
and in the Lord.Tel Aviv was modernized.it had discos +afraid +scream and other sinful stuff. the women were just beautiful.i can still remember being on the beach in Tel Aviv and seeing a beauty in a white ...bikini.an elder brother and my friend and i just looked at one another and .he played frisbee with her.i was much more timid then.we didnt stay long.
Yofi means pretty lady.
bibleman wrote:

Hi Ray,

Wow, a vendor tried to kill you? I think I saw you mention that in a previous reply.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:20 pm by Ray
Rocky wrote:
Bibleman, I think Ray may be coming from a replacement theology perspective, though I am no sure it just seems that way to me. If that is the case the 70 weeks of Daniel is not going to make much sense to an individual that believes in this doctrine, because as well you know replacement theology does not separate the promises for Israel and the church. I maybe off, perhaps Ray can explain his perspective on this.

Rocky,
*Do you believe that 69 weeks of the 70 week (490 year) Prophecy given Daniel through the angel Gabriel (Dan 9:24-27) have been fulfilled and that there is a gap of 2000+ years between the 69th and the 70th week which is this present time we now live in, and that the 70th week is still yet to be fulfilled ?

*Do you believe the time of JESUS' Ministry and Sacrificial Death are included in this 70 week Prophecy time frame ? If so where in (in what part of) the 70 weeks did JESUS' Ministry and Sacrificial Death occur ?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

hi Rocky
he was Muslim mad.he wanted me to buy 2 shirts for 8 dollars.i wanted one for 4. :crazyeyes: we fussed over it.he was mad.my late Pastor stepped in.i got my shirt for 4.
i was naive then and sold out.a real Jesus freak.i had a brown belt in tae kwon do but renounced that stuff.
i was like a bulldog puppy.now i am fullgrown bulldog.he would not have jumped off on me in 2012.but im a Jesus freak again ,not pretending ,sold out and looking up.we would have no problem. +baseball +tough
Rocky wrote:
branham1965 wrote:ive been there.in the flesh.there are Muslims everywhere.the Mosque of Omar sits on the Temple mount.inside is splendid architecture.and there is a demon face in the one wall.some thought so in my Church group from Warren.
i was 18.
Yofi means pretty lady.
bibleman wrote:

Hi Ray,

Wow, a vendor tried to kill you? I think I saw you mention that in a previous reply.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Ray wrote:Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:20 pm by Ray
Rocky wrote:
Bibleman, I think Ray may be coming from a replacement theology perspective, though I am no sure it just seems that way to me. If that is the case the 70 weeks of Daniel is not going to make much sense to an individual that believes in this doctrine, because as well you know replacement theology does not separate the promises for Israel and the church. I maybe off, perhaps Ray can explain his perspective on this.

Rocky,
*Do you believe that 69 weeks of the 70 week (490 year) Prophecy given Daniel through the angel Gabriel (Dan 9:24-27) have been fulfilled and that there is a gap of 2000+ years between the 69th and the 70th week which is this present time we now live in, and that the 70th week is still yet to be fulfilled ?

*Do you believe the time of JESUS' Ministry and Sacrificial Death are included in this 70 week Prophecy time frame ? If so where in (in what part of) the 70 weeks did JESUS' Ministry and Sacrificial Death occur ?
yes and yes the 69th, week we in in now, if I understand what you the asking, the questions are a bit rhetorical though. So you don't believe in a literal 1,000 year reign or a tribulation or a rapture? I also would bet you believe that the book of Revelations was fulfilled during Nero's reign. Are you a roman catholic? And I mean no disrespect, I only ask that because my Father is Roma catholic and he believes the way you do about the 70 weeks of Daniel.