Dake Bible Discussion BoardTHE PRETERIST FAD IS OVER

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
User avatar
dolph
The Fear of the Wicked, It Shall Come Upon Him
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:14 pm

THE PRETERIST FAD IS OVER

Post by dolph » Tue May 15, 2012 12:32 am

The Preterist paradigm had some traction 500 years ago but never would've gotten off the ground if it's adherents had seen the Jews return to Israel in 1948. That's because Preterism is just another form of Replacement Theology that believes God finished dealing with the Jews in 70 A.D., that the 6 prophetic promises of Gabriel's 70 Weeks have been fulfilled.

But since 1948 only a few diehards still cling onto this antique religion, rebels without a cause who impress shallow Christians in their main line churches with their superior intellect casting stones at the conservative, tradition loving establishment. The Church's answer to the Clintons and Obamas of the political world.

Today the Preterists don't know what to do with Israel, like a deer caught in the headlights. There best defense? Change the subject, ask another question. It's kinda sad!!

So, who listens to this dribble? Less than 1%. Hillary and Baruch do a lot better.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5729
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: THE PRETERIST FAD IS OVER

Post by branham1965 » Tue May 15, 2012 4:04 am

you know your stuff brother.

that Amillenial stuff is plain goofy +goofy .

thanks for being a pitbull. love you bro.



Ray
Give Unto the Lord Glory and Strength
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: THE PRETERIST FAD IS OVER

Post by Ray » Tue May 15, 2012 4:30 am

branham1965 wrote:you know your stuff brother.

that Amillenial stuff is plain goofy +goofy .

thanks for being a pitbull. love you bro.
Yea,
And teaching it will be more than 2000 years to fulfill a 490 year Prophecy is truly Brilliant !!!!



User avatar
macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Location: australia

Re: THE PRETERIST FAD IS OVER

Post by macca » Tue May 15, 2012 7:26 am

Ray wrote:
branham1965 wrote:you know your stuff brother.

that Amillenial stuff is plain goofy +goofy .

thanks for being a pitbull. love you bro.
Yea,
And teaching it will be more than 2000 years to fulfill a 490 year Prophecy is truly Brilliant !!!!


So what do you do with Isa. 61:1-2a and the gap to 2b-11;..
Jesus only quoted part of the prophecy because the day of vengeance is still to come !!
or do you have some theory to explain it away?
macca



Ray
Give Unto the Lord Glory and Strength
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: THE PRETERIST FAD IS OVER

Post by Ray » Tue May 15, 2012 9:13 am

macca wrote:
Ray wrote:
branham1965 wrote:you know your stuff brother.

that Amillenial stuff is plain goofy +goofy .

thanks for being a pitbull. love you bro.
Yea,
And teaching it will be more than 2000 years to fulfill a 490 year Prophecy is truly Brilliant !!!!


So what do you do with Isa. 61:1-2a and the gap to 2b-11;..
Jesus only quoted part of the prophecy because the day of vengeance is still to come !!
or do you have some theory to explain it away?
macca
macca,
How much time was given for the prophecy you speak of to be fulfilled?



User avatar
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4063
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Re: THE PRETERIST FAD IS OVER

Post by Justaned » Tue May 15, 2012 11:23 am

dolph wrote:The Preterist paradigm had some traction 500 years ago but never would've gotten off the ground if it's adherents had seen the Jews return to Israel in 1948. That's because Preterism is just another form of Replacement Theology that believes God finished dealing with the Jews in 70 A.D., that the 6 prophetic promises of Gabriel's 70 Weeks have been fulfilled.

But since 1948 only a few diehards still cling onto this antique religion, rebels without a cause who impress shallow Christians in their main line churches with their superior intellect casting stones at the conservative, tradition loving establishment. The Church's answer to the Clintons and Obamas of the political world.

Today the Preterists don't know what to do with Israel, like a deer caught in the headlights. There best defense? Change the subject, ask another question. It's kinda sad!!

So, who listens to this dribble? Less than 1%. Hillary and Baruch do a lot better.
A lot of rhetoric but what was really said in this post?

I have answered every question or comment you have made about Israel and then YOU go silent. Your statements about Israel reflect the current book sellers take on Israel but tend to ignore recorded history.

When I point this out instead of offering proof of your position you launch into attacks about my forum conduct or something about me personally.

I would agree with your view of Israel if the those that returned had done so to draw closer to God. Or had a desire to return to the land God gave them. But instead when asked why they returned many say they had no where else to go or to escape persecution.

When you mention God they mock you and treat you like an atheist would.

Not all, of course there are many pious Jews, but the majority of the Jews that returned to Israel do not keep the Sabbath, the food laws or even know the food laws.

What I’m saying is most book sellers today suggest the recent return of the Jews to Israel is a religious pilgrimage when is fact it is nothing more the refugees and displaced people looking for refuge. The return to Israel is not spiritual it is only out of physical necessity.

If the US had opened it boundaries to the European Jewish refugees they would be here instead of there.



User avatar
dolph
The Fear of the Wicked, It Shall Come Upon Him
Posts: 625
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Re: THE PRETERIST FAD IS OVER

Post by dolph » Tue May 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Macca, great point about Isaiah 61. Game, set, match.


And then there's Ed. Edward, I was antisemitic before I got a hold of the "Jewish Question", a term the Jews use when trying to explain their own history. But all the prophets said they were an adulterous people. Paul said they killed all the prophets and Christ. John called them antichrists. But the prophets said they would return to the Lord a second time in the final days. And they have come back. Paul said that all Israel would be saved. You must use all the pieces of the puzzle including history to have doctrine that will hold water. God cursed the Jews and sent them to the 4 corners of the world but he will welcome them back into the fold "for His name's sake" and "for the fathers' sake". The Jews are called a whore in Hosea but she comes back to her husband at the end of the story. Read Hosea. Paul said, ALL ISRAEL WILL BE SAVED!!!!!! Has it happened?? It's in the pipe line. They came back in '48. It doesn't matter how they came back. God used Hitler. So what, He used a donkey in the past.

Ed, that a person so well read as you doesn't get it is very frustrating to me. Maybe it's predestination.

That God is not finished with the Jews IS A FACT. So Daniel's 70th Week is still in the future. Love your enemies, Ed. Get out of the flesh and look at the facts.



User avatar
scottae316
Make the Most High Thy Habitation
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:21 am

Re: THE PRETERIST FAD IS OVER

Post by scottae316 » Tue May 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Well, then answer this, if the present state of Israel is as you state, why is it a secular state? The only reference to the ancient Kingdom of Israel is the use of history to support the claim to the land and the Star of David as the flag and symbol. Present day Israel is a secular state with some religious accommodations. The majority political parties and laws are secular but because of the parliamentary type of government, small religious parties join with the larger parties to form a majority and form a government.



User avatar
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4063
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Re: THE PRETERIST FAD IS OVER

Post by Justaned » Tue May 15, 2012 3:30 pm

dolph wrote:Macca, great point about Isaiah 61. Game, set, match.


And then there's Ed. Edward, I was antisemitic before I got a hold of the "Jewish Question", a term the Jews use when trying to explain their own history. But all the prophets said they were an adulterous people. Paul said they killed all the prophets and Christ. John called them antichrists. But the prophets said they would return to the Lord a second time in the final days. And they have come back. Paul said that all Israel would be saved. You must use all the pieces of the puzzle including history to have doctrine that will hold water. God cursed the Jews and sent them to the 4 corners of the world but he will welcome them back into the fold "for His name's sake" and "for the fathers' sake". The Jews are called a whore in Hosea but she comes back to her husband at the end of the story. Read Hosea. Paul said, ALL ISRAEL WILL BE SAVED!!!!!! Has it happened?? It's in the pipe line. They came back in '48. It doesn't matter how they came back. God used Hitler. So what, He used a donkey in the past.

Ed, that a person so well read as you doesn't get it is very frustrating to me. Maybe it's predestination.

That God is not finished with the Jews IS A FACT. So Daniel's 70th Week is still in the future. Love your enemies, Ed. Get out of the flesh and look at the facts.
Okay Dolph
Let me ask this question. When Hosea, also most of the prophets, was written it was during or after the time of the division of kingdom. So when they, the prophets, talk of Israel are they talking of the Children of Israel or the Northern Kingdom of Israel which was known as Israel or the Southern Kingdom where Jerusalem resided?

And the restoration that was spoken of by the prophets was it the restoration of the Northern Tribes called Israel that has never happened as far as we know. The restoration of the Southern tribes from Babylon that began with Daniels 70th week or the all the Children of Israel?

These are very important questions that must be answered before we start applying prophecy of the prophets to events happening today.

Secondly UNLIKE you I have never been antisemitic, so don't even go there. I support the Jewish cause for the fight for the land that is rightfully theirs. And I fully knowledge and understand that my Lord and Savior was a Jew.

The puzzle of eschatolog that you elude to only exists if you say it does. To me there is no puzzle now that I no longer try to apply the Daniel's 70 weeks as a time line to Revelation. Before it was a massive puzzle and in many cases no satisfactory answer existed.

You say your frustrated by me because I don't get what your saying. I could say the same things about you but I won't because I know why you aren't getting it. You absolutely refuse to read Daniel and Revelation without your existing eschatological bias.

You won't consider not using Daniel as a time line for Revelation and then reading Revelation. You won't consider the Book of Revelation as anything other than a sequential guide to the future even when recorded history screams this has taken place.

You won't consider the 666 as being the code name Jews and Christians used to identify Nero. You will avoid learning Nero tried to force the Jews out by making them swear allegance to him before they could buy or sell. You ignore that Nero considered himself a god and tried to set up graven images of himself inside the temple. Something that was strongly resisted by the jew until Rome defeated Jerusalem.
editted to correct typo



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: THE PRETERIST FAD IS OVER

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue May 15, 2012 7:16 pm

Justaned wrote:You won't consider the 666 as being the code name Jews and Christians used to identify Nero. You will avoid learning Nero tried to force the Jews out by making them swear allegance to him before they could buy or sell. You ignore that Nero considered himself a god and tried to set up graven images of himself inside the temple. Something that was strongly resisted by the jew until Rome defeated Jerusalem.
These are strong points, Ed. Especially when it is considered that some of the ancient manuscripts of Revelation uses 616 instead of 666, which also worked in application to Nero.


Luke 12:4‭-‬5 King James Version
"And I say unto you my friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him."

Post Reply