Dake Bible Discussion Boardthe best way to study the Bible???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

the best way to study the Bible???

Post by branham1965 »

i know there are various methods that people have to study the Word.
my Pastor said the devotional method was the best.that is reading the Word.YOUR OWN BIBLE.not one laden with notes etc.but having the Lord speak to one through his Word.he was not big on reading another mans works or notes in personal study and living off of what God gave to that individual.then pretending +gun +gun +guns +guns +tank +rake +baseball that one recieved that him or herself.
he used the DARB but i got the feeling he felt it was more for those in Ministry.he never said this.i was counseled to get one but to use it as a reference tool not a replacement for my own reading.
btw he preached all over the world with a major Pentecostal ministry.
that might go over like a lead balloon to some but thats how we at his Church learned to study.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: the best way to study the Bible???

Post by Justaned »

Billy
I agree with your old Pastor. If you read a commentary Bible you aren't reading God's words as much as you reading what the commentator is telling you God is saying.

Get a normal Bible with no commentary and read it under the tutorage of the Holy Spirit

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Justaned wrote:Billy
I agree with your old Pastor. If you read a commentary Bible you aren't reading God's words as much as you reading what the commentator is telling you God is saying.

Get a normal Bible with no commentary and read it under the tutorage of the Holy Spirit
thanks so much REVED.its so great having you post to this. :mrgreen: :turn-l:
i know like everything there is need for balance in this area. im not condemning the use of the DARB .his first one was the most used bible i ever saw.
i think he worried i might be getting too dependent on it so he recommended a KJV or NASB bible and have the Dake there for reference if i got stumped.trust me i got stumpted alot. +goofy we had two camps in the church the Thompson chain group and the Dake group.i was a Dake dude of course.
im curious if others feel this was ok or too extreme.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:

i know like everything there is need for balance in this area. im not condemning the use of the DARB .his first one was the most used bible i ever saw.
i think he worried i might be getting too dependent on it so he recommended a KJV or NASB bible and have the Dake there for reference if i got stumped.trust me i got stumpted alot. +goofy we had two camps in the church the Thompson chain group and the Dake group.i was a Dake dude of course.
Hi Billy. I have a Dake and Thompson and turn to them when I dont get something. My head was so full of wrong teaching I had lot to unlearn before I even go close to what God was saying. Dake helped me all the way through the unlearning period. Any spirit led study is never too extreme.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

He has helped so many to understand the Bible.i owe Reverend Dake so much.id be in a cult or???? if not for him. :arrow:
Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

Hi Billy. I have a Dake and Thompson and turn to them when I dont get something. My head was so full of wrong teaching I had lot to unlearn before I even go close to what God was saying. Dake helped me all the way through the unlearning period. Any spirit led study is never too extreme.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

HAZ
you have made miraculous progress.you really know about life and you know the Book very well.i love when you post mate.
Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

branham1965 wrote:i know there are various methods that people have to study the Word.
my Pastor said the devotional method was the best.that is reading the Word.YOUR OWN BIBLE.not one laden with notes etc.but having the Lord speak to one through his Word.he was not big on reading another mans works or notes in personal study and living off of what God gave to that individual.then pretending +gun +gun +guns +guns +tank +rake +baseball that one recieved that him or herself.
he used the DARB but i got the feeling he felt it was more for those in Ministry.he never said this.i was counseled to get one but to use it as a reference tool not a replacement for my own reading.
that might go over like a lead balloon to some but thats how we at his Church learned to study.
:angel: :| Glad you see the light. I have many "study" bibles because I do not believe that the best way to learn what other Christians believe is reading what someone who shares your beliefs states that they believe, but rather read what they actually say. I feel that the best way is through their interaction with the Word. Buy, for personal devotional reading, beginning sermon or lesson prep, I will use a Bible that is text or maybe has cross references. No study bibles as it is easy to get distracted by the notes, and these notes are man interpretation and opinion, not the Word of God regardless of who wrote it. So I agree with you position 101% +wink

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

I am in agreement as well, when i became a christian i read the NIV through and learned so much and it stuck in my spirit.
Then i was given one of those little army KJV bibles and read it to peices and bought another one, my eyesight started to fail so i have LARGE print bibles now but those little KJV were the ones i learned so much that when someone mentioned a subject i could turn to the scripture ref 90 percent of the time.
I love Dake but just reading the word of God has given me more than i could say.
macca :mrgreen:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thanks Scott my dear friend.
thanks. :Fade-color :rainbow1:
scottae316 wrote:
branham1965 wrote:i know there are various methods that people have to study the Word.
:angel: :| Glad you see the light. I have many "study" bibles because I do not believe that the best way to learn what other Christians believe is reading what someone who shares your beliefs states that they believe, but rather read what they actually say. I feel that the best way is through their interaction with the Word. Buy, for personal devotional reading, beginning sermon or lesson prep, I will use a Bible that is text or maybe has cross references. No study bibles as it is easy to get distracted by the notes, and these notes are man interpretation and opinion, not the Word of God regardless of who wrote it. So I agree with you position 101% +wink

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

big macca
i have 3 supergiant print kjv old time gospel hour bibles id send you for free.i dont know the postage costs.they are superduper giant print 24 point type.in good shape.they are heavy duty.i see them on ebay.i looked at them yesterday.
from columbus ohio to Australia it might be cheaper to fly over with them. :lol!: :lol!: :mrgreen: :smile:
macca wrote:I am in agreement as well, when i became a christian i read the NIV through and learned so much and it stuck in my spirit.
Then i was given one of those little army KJV bibles and read it to peices and bought another one, my eyesight started to fail so i have LARGE print bibles now but those little KJV were the ones i learned so much that when someone mentioned a subject i could turn to the scripture ref 90 percent of the time.
I love Dake but just reading the word of God has given me more than i could say.
macca :mrgreen: