Dake Bible Discussion Boardthe best way to study the Bible???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: the best way to study the Bible???

Post by branham1965 »

branham1965 wrote:as far as my post above i was naive about ministers and preachers i reckon.i nearly fell off my seat in Lindsay's restaurant in Akron ohio when i heard the assistant Pastor of * put down Brother Hagin.i didnt know this went on.
i thought all these Preachers were mates. :agrue:
P.S.
this really really messed my head up when i heard this.or when i hear Preachers on tv put other FULL GOSPEL Preachers down. :agrue: :agrue: :agrue:

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

branham1965 wrote:as far as my post above i was naive about ministers and preachers i reckon.i nearly fell off my seat in Lindsay's restaurant in Akron ohio when i heard the assistant Pastor of * put down Brother Hagin.i didnt know this went on.

My AOG Pastors rubbished Dad Hagin and Dake all the time Billy, they would snigger behind my back and make fun of me as well. You get used to it after a while.
But the proof is in the eating and their fruit was off. :neutral:

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:Do you still like Reverend Angley and Brother Swaggart........... Bibleman?????
because neither of these men have any use for one person that you mentioned :agrue: ...other than the founder here.
HI Billy,

YES Billy Rev Angley has always had a special place in my heart since I was saved under his ministry in 1975. Yes I know he sounds a little funny in his North Carolina moved to Ohio speech, and has a very few different beliefs than I hold, but given a choice between me and him.... He would win every time.

Jimmy Swaggart? NEVER liked his "country music" gospel music... or his fire brand preaching... BUT loved his TEACHING on prophecy and the End Times. Been to see him several times and have most of all his study guides and books. OF course as you know he is right down the line a DAKE man. ANd he was a real NUT for falling like he did more than once and his pride has gotten in his way a number of times. But he is just a man and I do love him and respect him for what he accomplished in the past.

But my favorites today are still Hagin, Copeland, Dollar, Price, AND I love TL Osborn and Dake just to name a few.

I am a WORD man to the core... Word of Faith, Positive and a BELIEVER in ALL the Bible teaches. I get my spiritual life teaching from the Word of Faith guys and my doctrinal life from Dake ALL birth and bathed in the direction and teaching of the HOLY SPIRIT!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

macca wrote:

My AOG Pastors rubbished Dad Hagin and Dake all the time Billy, they would snigger behind my back and make fun of me as well. You get used to it after a while.
Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do....

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

macca

Post by macca »

Ouch, ok you got me there Leon....
For me? Easy to say hard to do.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Brother Swaggart is one of the most anointed Gospel singers ever.he at one time was the greatest evangelist on earth.its so odd but in the classics they show you can see the change the...difference.with Brother Branham it was the same.he was amazing his messages so humble and then...........he got mad :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: like Brother Swaggart... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: you being a Dixie man that suprises me.
i know Swaggart is a Dake man.he differs now as i understand it with the sin nature and Dakes teachings on Rom 6-8.but i think hes primarily Dake.my Pastor said that he blew it but is coming back.he has.
Swaggart fell for many reasons...again im no Preacher.
before his fall the assistant Pastor then / once my close friend /up north at Grace Cathedral told me they knew he was in trouble. :agrue:
as i said i was STUNNED DUMBFOUNDED to learn they didn ot like the WOF crowd...at all.i never understood these kind of things.never will.to his dying day day T.L.Osborn defended William Branham....

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Do you still like Reverend Angley and Brother Swaggart........... Bibleman?????
because neither of these men have any use for one person that you mentioned :agrue: ...other than the founder here.
HI Billy,

YES Billy Rev Angley has always had a special place in my heart since I was saved under his ministry in 1975. Yes I know he sounds a little funny in his North Carolina moved to Ohio speech, and has a very few different beliefs than I hold, but given a choice between me and him.... He would win every time.

Jimmy Swaggart? NEVER liked his "country music" gospel music... or his fire brand preaching... BUT loved his TEACHING on prophecy and the End Times. Been to see him several times and have most of all his study guides and books. OF course as you know he is right down the line a DAKE man. ANd he was a real NUT for falling like he did more than once and his pride has gotten in his way a number of times. But he is just a man and I do love him and respect him for what he accomplished in the past.

But my favorites today are still Hagin, Copeland, Dollar, Price, AND I love TL Osborn and Dake just to name a few.

I am a WORD man to the core... Word of Faith, Positive and a BELIEVER in ALL the Bible teaches. I get my spiritual life teaching from the Word of Faith guys and my doctrinal life from Dake ALL birth and bathed in the direction and teaching of the HOLY SPIRIT!

NineCrows
Esther

Post by NineCrows »

macca wrote:

I kind of like getting sniggered at; it makes me feel special in a strange sort of way... :crazyeyes:

LORD, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. Mark 9:24.

macca

Post by macca »

NineCrows wrote:
macca wrote:

I kind of like getting sniggered at; it makes me feel special in a strange sort of way... :crazyeyes:

:mrgreen: :angel: +highfive yep, i know what you mean
macca

Jay
2 Thessalonains

Post by Jay »

That's true, a lot of AOG DO NOT like Hagin or Word of Faith. It is sad because we all have so much in common.

I heard Swaggart say that he reads through the Bible every year and he uses the Dake's Bible each time. I always thought Swaggart was a great evangelist but his teaching lacked the anointing or authority. He's better when he sticks to what God has called him to do. I hated when he got involved in the Jim Bakker and Marvin Gorman and finally, his own scandals.

I am going to buy an Expositor's Study Bible though. Looks very good.

There are so many excellent study materials available for free on the web now. It is great! When I run across a passage of scripture I want more light on, after going to Dake, I pull out my Jamieson, Faucett and Brown commentary. John McArthur has a pretty decent commentary but I've only look through it a few times and I'm not sure how he stands on spiritual things.

Hebrews 10:35-36
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Jay wrote:That's true, a lot of AOG DO NOT like Hagin or Word of Faith. It is sad because we all have so much in common.

I heard Swaggart say that he reads through the Bible every year and he uses the Dake's Bible each time. I always thought Swaggart was a great evangelist but his teaching lacked the anointing or authority. He's better when he sticks to what God has called him to do. I hated when he got involved in the Jim Bakker and Marvin Gorman and finally, his own scandals.

I am going to buy an Expositor's Study Bible though. Looks very good.

There are so many excellent study materials available for free on the web now. It is great! When I run across a passage of scripture I want more light on, after going to Dake, I pull out my Jamieson, Faucett and Brown commentary. John McArthur has a pretty decent commentary but I've only look through it a few times and I'm not sure how he stands on spiritual things.
Hey Jay do you have computer software?

There are several good ones on line that have a lot of free commentaries.

God bless
Leon Bible