Dake Bible Discussion Boardthe best way to study the Bible???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: the best way to study the Bible???

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:
Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:Sure Ed, I went 'right on' while the priest was molesting my sister? And right on when he told the wafer is God and I have to eat him.
And right on when the AOG pastor said there is none righteous no not one of you.
And when the Baptist pastor said that healing is NOT in the atonement and if you believe it is, you are a heretic.
Taking your advice is how all the free thinkers have split from the original church, it's why we have a set number of books in our bibles.
Every aberration that Christians have come up with is because they have believed God has shown them a new revelation that no one has had before.
You can not stand the fact that Hagin and Dake are my mentors, fathers in the faith.
Even Paul said, follow me as I follow Jesus.
Do you believe I should take advice from someone else because Paul could be wrong.?
You can not stand the fact that Hagin and Dake are my mentors, fathers in the faith.
Oh I can stand on them in fact I keep them right under my feet. :mrgreen:

Macca
Don't miss my point. My point is obviously what ever we are "in" right now is the truth and everything else is missing that truth.

But there is only one truth and that is Word of God. All else must line up with that truth or it is a falsehood. Whatever man get involved in is going to stray from the truth by the fact we are not yet in our perfected bodies.
So all I'm saying is don't make a blanket statement about anyone person or commentary as being perfect they aren't. The only perfection you can hold today is unaltered word of God.

Thanks Ed! that puts me in good company then.
Acts.8:30-31;
And Phillip ran up to the Ethiopian and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, do you understand what you are reading?
And he said, HOW CAN I, EXCEPT SOME MAN SHOULD GUIDE ME?
macca
Ah and I agree Jesus did give teachers to teach us. But your example of the Ethiopian forgets that the complete bible was not yet finished so the Ethiopian did need assistance.

However we now have the Bible but teachers are still needed. However many today that claim to teach scripture instead teach their own brand of theology. How do we know when someone is teaching their theology instead of the truth of God?

Actually there are a number of ways. First is the teacher teaching expositorically (not sure if that is a real word) or topically? Expository teaching is the only true way to teach the truth of the word of God.

Another way to detect truth is when the teacher uses scripture to support his teaching and doesn't try to say God has shown me this. Or I was given a vision and this is what this passage means. God’s word is complete and doesn't need visions or personal prophecy to be revealed.

Another method is to check motives. A true teacher freely gives what we freely given to him. When people start to produce something to sell I wonder at their motives. Does selling something always make a person wrong? No and that is not what I'm saying. I'm saying we always need to check motive.

Lastly the invention of revelation should be always held in caution. For the most part scripture can be plainly understood when read as written. There are some difficult passages, some passages with underlying meanings and allegory or less obvious in meaning passages. However I get really nervous when a "teacher” begins teaching a "new" revelation.

My first question is why did God allow this to remain hidden for 2000 years only to reveal it now? If it is important to Christian today it would have been important to a Christian 2000 years ago. Or do we believe the Holy Spirit our ultimate teachers was unaware of it until just now?

Let me sum this all up. A "Teacher" should be an expositor not an inventor.
Hi Ed,

Based on your qualifications of a good Bible teacher...

It seems you really like Kenneth Hagin, Kenneth Copeland, Fred Price, Norvel Hayes, Creflo Dollar, Finis Dake and others along those lines.

WOW, you and I have a lot in common.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

macca wrote:Jesus being glorifed, he will have the answers to the unuttered questions in your heart that you have been praying to God alone about.
He will confirm the word with signs following
Acts chapter 10 is a good example
The adversary to truth is not stupid. False teachers have learned long ago to give temporial glory to God and then slip in their own theology.

Way too many men stand before us today claiming to give all the glory to Jesus but in fact what they really are saying is God needed me to do this.

If a person says the name of Jesus it seems many people immediately turn off their discernment. It is like they think well he said Jesus so everything else he said is truth.

How many times have we heard stories about supposed men of God that was robbing people blind. In every case the thief gave glory to God.

Did any ever listen to some of these preachers that have since been revealed to con men? Nearly every sentence that came out of their mouth included the name of Jesus. Yet we know know they never knew him.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

sorry if i embarrased you REVED.
i was nuttier than an outhouse rat yesterday. +CrazyEyes +CrazyEyes +CrazyEyes +CrazyEyes
branham1965 wrote:REVED

as one of my best friends not just her but in my life ever....no joke...please tell me why you dislike or?????Dad Hagin....pm me.PLEASE.......... :agrue:

love you REVEREND.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Do you still like Reverend Angley and Brother Swaggart........... Bibleman?????
because neither of these men have any use for one person that you mentioned :agrue: ...other than the founder here.

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:
Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:Sure Ed, I went 'right on' while the priest was molesting my sister? And right on when he told the wafer is God and I have to eat him.
And right on when the AOG pastor said there is none righteous no not one of you.
And when the Baptist pastor said that healing is NOT in the atonement and if you believe it is, you are a heretic.
Taking your advice is how all the free thinkers have split from the original church, it's why we have a set number of books in our bibles.
Every aberration that Christians have come up with is because they have believed God has shown them a new revelation that no one has had before.
Even Paul said, follow me as I follow Jesus.
Do you believe I should take advice from someone else because Paul could be wrong.?
Oh I can stand on them in fact I keep them right under my feet. :mrgreen:

Macca
Don't miss my point. My point is obviously what ever we are "in" right now is the truth and everything else is missing that truth.

But there is only one truth and that is Word of God. All else must line up with that truth or it is a falsehood. Whatever man get involved in is going to stray from the truth by the fact we are not yet in our perfected bodies.
So all I'm saying is don't make a blanket statement about anyone person or commentary as being perfect they aren't. The only perfection you can hold today is unaltered word of God.

Thanks Ed! that puts me in good company then.
Acts.8:30-31;
And Phillip ran up to the Ethiopian and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, do you understand what you are reading?
And he said, HOW CAN I, EXCEPT SOME MAN SHOULD GUIDE ME?
macca
Ah and I agree Jesus did give teachers to teach us. But your example of the Ethiopian forgets that the complete bible was not yet finished so the Ethiopian did need assistance.

However we now have the Bible but teachers are still needed. However many today that claim to teach scripture instead teach their own brand of theology. How do we know when someone is teaching their theology instead of the truth of God?

Actually there are a number of ways. First is the teacher teaching expositorically (not sure if that is a real word) or topically? Expository teaching is the only true way to teach the truth of the word of God.

Another way to detect truth is when the teacher uses scripture to support his teaching and doesn't try to say God has shown me this. Or I was given a vision and this is what this passage means. God’s word is complete and doesn't need visions or personal prophecy to be revealed.

Another method is to check motives. A true teacher freely gives what we freely given to him. When people start to produce something to sell I wonder at their motives. Does selling something always make a person wrong? No and that is not what I'm saying. I'm saying we always need to check motive.

Lastly the invention of revelation should be always held in caution. For the most part scripture can be plainly understood when read as written. There are some difficult passages, some passages with underlying meanings and allegory or less obvious in meaning passages. However I get really nervous when a "teacher” begins teaching a "new" revelation.

My first question is why did God allow this to remain hidden for 2000 years only to reveal it now? If it is important to Christian today it would have been important to a Christian 2000 years ago. Or do we believe the Holy Spirit our ultimate teachers was unaware of it until just now?

Let me sum this all up. A "Teacher" should be an expositor not an inventor.
Hi Ed,

Based on your qualifications of a good Bible teacher...

It seems you really like Kenneth Hagin, Kenneth Copeland, Fred Price, Norvel Hayes, Creflo Dollar, Finis Dake and others along those lines.

WOW, you and I have a lot in common.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:Jesus being glorifed, he will have the answers to the unuttered questions in your heart that you have been praying to God alone about.
The adversary to truth is not stupid. False teachers have learned long ago to give temporial glory to God and then slip in their own theology.

Way too many men stand before us today claiming to give all the glory to Jesus but in fact what they really are saying is God needed me to do this.

If a person says the name of Jesus it seems many people immediately turn off their discernment. It is like they think well he said Jesus so everything else he said is truth.

How many times have we heard stories about supposed men of God that was robbing people blind. In every case the thief gave glory to God.

Did any ever listen to some of these preachers that have since been revealed to con men? Nearly every sentence that came out of their mouth included the name of Jesus. Yet we know know they never knew him.

Well Ed, if i can not use Peter in Acts 10 as a good guidline of a man sent by God to me for my learning and edification, who then do i trust?
Do i take you as my model ????

macca

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

macca wrote:
Justaned wrote:

Well Ed, if i can not use Peter in Acts 10 as a good guidline of a man sent by God to me for my learning and edification, who then do i trust?

macca
And why can't you use Peter? His teaching is recorded and simple enough for any man to understand.
But why not use a man with pure motives, one whose compensation does not depend on you, is not effected by you, one the was called of God for no other purpose than to teach truth of the Word of God?
God forbid! God never sent me to you nor you to me. You are of another flock.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

REVED
what do you mean he is of another flock??? macca is aces.
Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:
Justaned wrote:

macca
And why can't you use Peter? His teaching is recorded and simple enough for any man to understand.
But why not use a man with pure motives, one whose compensation does not depend on you, is not effected by you, one the was called of God for no other purpose than to teach truth of the Word of God?
God forbid! God never sent me to you nor you to me. You are of another flock.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

as far as my post above i was naive about ministers and preachers i reckon.i nearly fell off my seat in Lindsay's restaurant in Akron ohio when i heard the assistant Pastor of * put down Brother Hagin.i didnt know this went on.
i thought all these Preachers were mates. :agrue:

Brother Q

Post by Brother Q »

Hey where did Ray go???? +ummm

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Brother Q wrote:Hey where did Ray go???? +ummm
Where you been Q????