Dake Bible Discussion Boardabout the preadamites nations

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Jay
2 Thessalonains

Re: about the preadamites nations

Post by Jay »

Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
frenchie wrote:Mr. Jay.
I agree with you about angels and demons being two different species, that angels have bodys and that demons are disembodied. I think i read from dr. Dake that he beleived that demons are the giants nephilims,( though i can't find where in dr.Dake's notes i found that. Maybe someone could help here )i was also incline to think that they could be the preadamites nations. I'm seeking validation on this.If they are not the spirits of the preadamites then were are their spirits at this moment?
Thanks! for your input.
Here you go...
5. The existence of demons or disembodied spirits proves life after death. The demons are the spirits of the pre–Adamite races or of some persons other than Adam's race, for they are loose and cannot fully manifest themselves except they take possession of the bodies of men or beasts, as seen in Lesson Six. They are not the souls and spirits of human beings, for they are confined either to Heaven or Hell at death. Therefore, since demons exist and continue alive after they leave their own bodies, then it proves that the souls and spirits of human beings can also continue in consciousness after death. Finis J. Dake, God's Plan for Man, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 2004), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 727.
Hi Bibleman,
In Dakes writings above he is quoted saying" The demons are the spirits of the pre–Adamite races or of some persons other than Adam's race," And then later Dake said " They are not the souls and spirits of human beings,"

Can you help me understand that statement, is Dake saying that demons are the spirits of persons (human beings) or not? Is that not a conradiction?
Dake believes the demons are the spirits of "pre-adamite" human beings NOT human beings since Adam.
Hi Bibleman,
Why does Dake say "They are not the souls and spirits of human beings,"
Can demons BE the spirits of human beings and NOT BE the spirits of human beings? This must be a mistake in his writings.
Ray, maybe if we don't call the beings that lived here before Adam, "human beings", you could understand this a little better. Demons are the disembodied spirits of the beings and creatures that lived on earth before the flood of Genesis 1:2. We know from archaeology and remains of "beings" we have found that lived before Adam. The "Clovis Man" is one. They look like modern day humans from what I have seen, their bodies were found with clothing, tools and weapons. I wonder too if some of the demons could be disembodied spirits of dinosaurs too? The Bible just isn't clear.

Hebrews 10:35-36
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Jay,
Above you said " Demons are the disembodied spirits of the beings and creatures that lived on earth before the flood of Genesis 1:2."

This is just an assumption right? One can assume it is the spirits of those who died in the flood of Noah's time.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ray wrote:Jay,
Above you said " Demons are the disembodied spirits of the beings and creatures that lived on earth before the flood of Genesis 1:2."

This is just an assumption right? One can assume it is the spirits of those who died in the flood of Noah's time.
Ray,

The human beings that died in the flood of Noah were part of the seed of Adam, therefore are treated like all other human beings that have been born of woman since Adam.

Now of course you don't believe that when a sinner dies today they become a demon.. do you?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Jay
2 Thessalonains

Post by Jay »

Ray wrote:Jay,

No, you can't assume that. Bibleman tells it like it is. Those people were not Pre-Adamites. Hell existed when they died and apparently didn't exist when the Pre-Adamites were killed and that is why their spirits roam the earth seeking a host.

Hebrews 10:35-36
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
Michael Evans

Post by Michael Evans »

The notion that demon spirits are the spirits of the Nephilim (the giants born to the hapless daughters of Adam and the fallen angels) comes from the Book of Enoch, which is interesting to read but is NOT scripture. The only thing we know Enoch said is the quotation given in Jude which-like all scripture- is "God-breathed" and inspired. It is similar to one verse in the Book of Enoch so that is therefore the only verse which we can be sure is true in that book.
In the Book of Enoch, the angels who transgress and leave their first estate are called "watchers" as certain of God's angels are described in Daniel. Unscriptural travesties like the recent movie of Noah borrowed heavily from this book and its portrayal of the angels was false (to the point where they repent and are forgiven and return to Heaven! They wish!). Dake teaches that the angels who entered the human race were some of Satan's "princes" (eg the "prince of Grecia" in Danial) who came to corrupt humanity to prevent the "seed of the woman" from coming. If the entire population had become a mixture of angel and human, the second member of the godhead could not have incarnated himself into the race to redeem us. This is far more logical than the notion that they were "unfallen" angels sent to help men who became attracted to women as the Book of Enoch teaches. After seeing the fate of Lucifer and the angels who fell with him, it is highly unlikely that any of God's remaining holy angels would rebel independently.
The OT states often that the giant races have no resurrection. Goliath is a good example of the wickedness of these hybrid beings in the eruption of them which occurred after the flood.From other sources, it would seem that these fallen angels and giants had abnormalities like two rows of teeth, "alien-shaped" skulls and were cannibals who terrorized the sinners around them. (None of whom-it would appear-called out to God for assistance.My theory is that they worshiped them as gods. I don't believe the angels could revert to angelic form again and found themselves-with their offspring perhaps- in a special prison in the lower regions of the Earth called Tartarus. The Greeks knew of this place and labelled the "mighty men" Titans) If these hybrid folk "have no resurrection" they could not be roaming the earth like the demons. I agree with Dake that the demons are the spirits of the pre-Adamic races who followed Lucifer. Hell was made for "the devil and his angels (Gr."messengers"). A "messenger of Satan" buffeted Paul. Demons AND fallen angels are messengers of the evil one and they know their time to enter into their prepared place of torment is yet future. Some-it would appear- are assigned to work down there at present tormenting the spirits of sinners from Adam's race. ("Deliver him to the tormentors").
Romans 1 teaches that idolatry began when men turned away from God. Dake correctly translates the scripture regarding Enosh in Genesis when he renders it as 'then men began to surname their gods Jehovah" (a slanderous act clearly inspired by the one who wanted to oust God and take His place).As we know "they who worship idols worship demons", there must then have been hosts of demons in the pre-Flood earth before the Nephilim were born and died. The notion that even semi-members of Adam's race could be operating on the Earth under Satan's orders is clearly false. The Nephilim are either in Tartarus with their fathers or in another part of Hell.
A side issue: we never hear of 'giantesses' or 'mighty women of old'. Could the angels have somehow ensured all their offspring were male? Destroyed any females? I heard recently (from two sources, one being Billye Brim, a teacher I respect) that a "neanderthal baby" was found preserved in ice in recent times and they were able to sample its DNA. Apparently, it was NOTHING like human (ie. Adamic) DNA. Clarence Larkin speculates that the bodies of the pre-Adamites were encased in the depths of the oceans and that these are referred to in the scripture "and the sea shall give up its dead".

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Michael Evans wrote:The notion that demon spirits are the spirits of the Nephilim (the giants born to the hapless daughters of Adam and the fallen angels) comes from the Book of Enoch, which is interesting to read but is NOT scripture. The only thing we know Enoch said is the quotation given in Jude which-like all scripture- is "God-breathed" and inspired. It is similar to one verse in the Book of Enoch so that is therefore the only verse which we can be sure is true in that book.
In the Book of Enoch, the angels who transgress and leave their first estate are called "watchers" as certain of God's angels are described in Daniel. Unscriptural travesties like the recent movie of Noah borrowed heavily from this book and its portrayal of the angels was false (to the point where they repent and are forgiven and return to Heaven! They wish!). Dake teaches that the angels who entered the human race were some of Satan's "princes" (eg the "prince of Grecia" in Danial) who came to corrupt humanity to prevent the "seed of the woman" from coming. If the entire population had become a mixture of angel and human, the second member of the godhead could not have incarnated himself into the race to redeem us. This is far more logical than the notion that they were "unfallen" angels sent to help men who became attracted to women as the Book of Enoch teaches. After seeing the fate of Lucifer and the angels who fell with him, it is highly unlikely that any of God's remaining holy angels would rebel independently.
The OT states often that the giant races have no resurrection. Goliath is a good example of the wickedness of these hybrid beings in the eruption of them which occurred after the flood.From other sources, it would seem that these fallen angels and giants had abnormalities like two rows of teeth, "alien-shaped" skulls and were cannibals who terrorized the sinners around them. (None of whom-it would appear-called out to God for assistance.My theory is that they worshiped them as gods. I don't believe the angels could revert to angelic form again and found themselves-with their offspring perhaps- in a special prison in the lower regions of the Earth called Tartarus. The Greeks knew of this place and labelled the "mighty men" Titans) If these hybrid folk "have no resurrection" they could not be roaming the earth like the demons. I agree with Dake that the demons are the spirits of the pre-Adamic races who followed Lucifer. Hell was made for "the devil and his angels (Gr."messengers"). A "messenger of Satan" buffeted Paul. Demons AND fallen angels are messengers of the evil one and they know their time to enter into their prepared place of torment is yet future. Some-it would appear- are assigned to work down there at present tormenting the spirits of sinners from Adam's race. ("Deliver him to the tormentors").
Romans 1 teaches that idolatry began when men turned away from God. Dake correctly translates the scripture regarding Enosh in Genesis when he renders it as 'then men began to surname their gods Jehovah" (a slanderous act clearly inspired by the one who wanted to oust God and take His place).As we know "they who worship idols worship demons", there must then have been hosts of demons in the pre-Flood earth before the Nephilim were born and died. The notion that even semi-members of Adam's race could be operating on the Earth under Satan's orders is clearly false. The Nephilim are either in Tartarus with their fathers or in another part of Hell.
A side issue: we never hear of 'giantesses' or 'mighty women of old'. Could the angels have somehow ensured all their offspring were male? Destroyed any females? I heard recently (from two sources, one being Billye Brim, a teacher I respect) that a "neanderthal baby" was found preserved in ice in recent times and they were able to sample its DNA. Apparently, it was NOTHING like human (ie. Adamic) DNA. Clarence Larkin speculates that the bodies of the pre-Adamites were encased in the depths of the oceans and that these are referred to in the scripture "and the sea shall give up its dead".
I think Larkin has a good idea here.

When we die (as a Christian) we LEAVE our BODIES and our spirits go to Heaven.

At the time of the destruction of the Pre-Adamite world it is believed that the BODIES where destroyed... and their SPIRITS just stayed on earth - thus the demons (disembodied spirits) of today.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Jay wrote:
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ray wrote:
bibleman wrote:
frenchie wrote:Mr. Jay.
I agree with you about angels and demons being two different species, that angels have bodys and that demons are disembodied. I think i read from dr. Dake that he beleived that demons are the giants nephilims,( though i can't find where in dr.Dake's notes i found that. Maybe someone could help here )i was also incline to think that they could be the preadamites nations. I'm seeking validation on this.If they are not the spirits of the preadamites then were are their spirits at this moment?
Thanks! for your input.
Here you go...
5. The existence of demons or disembodied spirits proves life after death. The demons are the spirits of the pre–Adamite races or of some persons other than Adam's race, for they are loose and cannot fully manifest themselves except they take possession of the bodies of men or beasts, as seen in Lesson Six. They are not the souls and spirits of human beings, for they are confined either to Heaven or Hell at death. Therefore, since demons exist and continue alive after they leave their own bodies, then it proves that the souls and spirits of human beings can also continue in consciousness after death. Finis J. Dake, God's Plan for Man, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 2004), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 727.
Hi Bibleman,
In Dakes writings above he is quoted saying" The demons are the spirits of the pre–Adamite races or of some persons other than Adam's race," And then later Dake said " They are not the souls and spirits of human beings,"

Can you help me understand that statement, is Dake saying that demons are the spirits of persons (human beings) or not? Is that not a conradiction?
Dake believes the demons are the spirits of "pre-adamite" human beings NOT human beings since Adam.
Hi Bibleman,
Why does Dake say "They are not the souls and spirits of human beings,"
Can demons BE the spirits of human beings and NOT BE the spirits of human beings? This must be a mistake in his writings.
Ray, maybe if we don't call the beings that lived here before Adam, "human beings", you could understand this a little better. Demons are the disembodied spirits of the beings and creatures that lived on earth before the flood of Genesis 1:2. We know from archaeology and remains of "beings" we have found that lived before Adam. The "Clovis Man" is one. They look like modern day humans from what I have seen, their bodies were found with clothing, tools and weapons. I wonder too if some of the demons could be disembodied spirits of dinosaurs too? The Bible just isn't clear.
That is very interesting brother.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

I love this discussion :angel:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

My 2 bob's worth;

I all ways believed Hell was created for Lucifer and the angels who sided with him, and after they rebelled and trying to invade Heaven and de-throne God! I doubt there was a hell before then? God created Lucifer a most perfect being, until iniquity was found in him. God may have created Lucifer billions of years ago and it seems because Lucifer was created so perfect, it never entered into God's mind that he would rebel, as it never entered into God's mind that man would become so evil? God never tested Lucifer and he rebelled, and it was after the rebellion that I believe God created Hell as his and his followers, even men, born of Adam, their final punishment.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »