Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHEN DID THE NEW COVENANT BEGIN??

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: WHEN DID THE NEW COVENANT BEGIN??

Post by Ironman »

NineCrows wrote:Ironman,
I understood the question, but apparently didn't explain my answer sufficiently. I chose the verse in Matthew because it is where Jesus gave the explanation of what was occuring, but in actuality what I was referring to was the entire 3 and 1/2 years of Jesus's ministry, and the 3 and 1/2 years following his resurrection. Matthew 26:28 is a clear reference to Daniel 9:27, and as such is where the Old Covenant is both confirmed, as well as where the explanation of its eventual replacement is given. I should have been more detailed in my initial response, but was in hurry when I posted.
No worries mate.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ray

Re: WHEN DID THE NEW COVENANT BEGIN??

Post by Ray »

Matthew 26:27-28
King James Version (KJV)

27And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

28For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Hebrews 9:16-20
King James Version (KJV)

16For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

18Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

19For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

20Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.