Dake Bible Discussion BoardHoly Spirit manifestations

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Holy Spirit manifestations

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:Ed, it's like I said earlier, our actions are motivated/influenced by a combination of voices from our flesh, the Holy Spirit, demonic spirits upon our partially renewed mind. The battle field is the mind where we have a free will and a certain amount of self discipline. The spirit is at enmity with the flesh. Who wins this battle depends on how good a Christian soldier you are or want to be. How much do you want to die to self and let Christ live through you??? Everyone draws the line somewhere. How much do you give to the poor, the Church is one measurement. How often do you witness to people, how much fruit do you bear, how humble are you? How good, unselfish do I need to be to be saved? (Faith without works is dead) How many of us are crucified with Christ, DEAD to self 100% ? Probably none.

So where is God going to draw the line for salvation? How dead, unselfish should one be? (I'm getting way off track, sorry)

Back to Satan and demonic influence. I say it's always there, subtly pushing Hell's agenda and don't underestimate it.
Dolph
I agree Satan has an agenda but I don't believe he has anywhere near the power he possessed before Jesus' death. With Christians he can try to exert his influence over us but he has no power to do so. It is our flesh that leads us astray to allow Satan into our hearts so to speak.

With unsaved Satan can set in place things to tempt them but I don't believe he can deceive then to the point they respond out of deception but rather out of ingrained lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and pride of life.

In other words Satan doesn't have the power for anyone to say the devile made me do it.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

The ones that agree with me :mrgreen:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Gordon Lindsay founded the VOH.it was started primarily because of one man ......William Marrion Branham.
www.wmb1.com is a nice site honoring Brother Branham.

NineCrows wrote:
Jay wrote:
bibleman wrote:I remember talking to a Voice of Healing evangelist Clifton Erickson a number of years ago. He is the evangelist who held the 30 day revival for Lester Sumrall in the Philippines after the little girl was delivered from devils, as Lester tells about in his "Bitten by Devils" book.

But in our day people "fall out" but nobody gets healed.
Boy, isn't that the truth! Everyone ought to hear about the little girl that was delivered. It made Sumrall a national hero in the Philippines and God was glorified through it!
Bibleman,
My primary interest is the great Voice of Healing revival of the 40s and 50s. I'd love to hear more about what you've learned from Rev. Erickson, or any other revivalist that you may have spoken to. Maybe you have an article posted somewhere that I could upload? My wife's grandfather was a minor figure in the latter part of the revival: Tommy Gargas. He passed a number of years ago, but if you ever run across his name I'd appreciate any info you could provide about where you saw it (for obvious reasons). He used to minister with Jerry Barnard (who is my wife's great uncle, last I knew he was still on TV).

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote: Hi Ed
Above you asked: "When does God turn to us? When we are up to our necks in sin does He not?"

Yes he does.

Above you asked: "Does God not talk to Satan and isn't Satan the personification of sin? So why doesn't God turn from Satan?"

I don't know that God is required to turn from Satan. Do you have a Scripture that states that?You are the one that supports the propostion that God must turn from sin. Here is Satan the personification of sin and yet God does not turn from him. I was making this point to show how weak your statement is.

Above you asked: "If in fact God did forsake Jesus at a time when Jesus needed Him most would that not make us questions God's promise to never leave or forsake us?"

No not at all.
Not at all? If God has promised not to ever leave us or forsake us but then forsakes Jesus at the time Jesus needed God the most it would have to make us question if God will be there for us when we need HIm.
Above you asked: "If in fact God did turn from Jesus, wouldn't Jesus know why? Then why would Jesus ask such a question?"

When Jesus was on earth he was limited in his knowledge. Example. the coming of the Lord. Mark 13:32 (KJV) 32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
So you are saying Jesus went to the cross without full understanding of what was going to take place and what did take place?
But the facts of Scripture speak for themselves

Mark 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Jesus did asked God why HE had forsaken Him.

Did Jesus really ask a question or was he quoting the opening verse of the 22nd psalm that detailed exactly what was taking place. Was this Jesus asking a question or was Jesus using this quote to call to the minds of every Jew standing before the cross of the that psalm that the Prophet David had penned hundred of yeasrs before. A psalm starting with the same question and where we know the answer God did not forsake David nor did he forsake Jesus. Was Jesus doing this to once again show the world he was the Messiah that David and the other prophets wrote about?

But thank the Lord Jesus was NOT left forsaken by God (on our behalf)

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

So if you want to know more than what is stated here, then I guess you will have to ask Jesus when you get to Heaven!
I'm just glad that Jesus out of obedience to the Father allowed Himself to become the price for my sin. Editted to correct typos

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote: Hi Ed
Above you asked: "When does God turn to us? When we are up to our necks in sin does He not?"

Yes he does.

Above you asked: "Does God not talk to Satan and isn't Satan the personification of sin? So why doesn't God turn from Satan?"

I don't know that God is required to turn from Satan. Do you have a Scripture that states that?You are the one that supports the propostion that God must turn from sin. Here is Satan the personification of sin and yet God does not turn from him. I was making this point to show how weak your statement is.

Above you asked: "If in fact God did forsake Jesus at a time when Jesus needed Him most would that not make us questions God's promise to never leave or forsake us?"

No not at all.
Not at all? If God has promised not to ever leave us or forsake us but then forsakes Jesus at the time Jesus needed God the most it would have to make us question if God will be there for us when we need HIm.
Above you asked: "If in fact God did turn from Jesus, wouldn't Jesus know why? Then why would Jesus ask such a question?"

When Jesus was on earth he was limited in his knowledge. Example. the coming of the Lord. Mark 13:32 (KJV) 32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
So you are saying Jesus went to the cross without full understanding of what was going to take place and what did take place?
But the facts of Scripture speak for themselves

Mark 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Jesus did asked God why HE had forsaken Him.

Did Jesus really ask a question or was he quoting the opening verse of the 22nd psalm that detailed exactly what was taking place. Was this Jesus asking a question or was Jesus using this quote to call to the minds of every Jew standing before the cross of the that psalm that the Prophet David had penned hundred of yeasrs before. A psalm starting with the same question and where we know the answer God did not forsake David nor did he forsake Jesus. Was Jesus doing this to once again show the world he was the Messiah that David and the other prophets wrote about?

But thank the Lord Jesus was NOT left forsaken by God (on our behalf)

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

So if you want to know more than what is stated here, then I guess you will have to ask Jesus when you get to Heaven!
I'm just glad that Jesus out of obedience to the Father allowed Himself to become the price for my sin. Editted to correct typos
Hi Ed,

Above you said: "I'm just glad that Jesus out of obedience to the Father allowed Himself to become the price for my sin."

Now on that... We are in full agreement!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note