Dake Bible Discussion Boardonce saved always saved

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Jay
2 Thessalonains

Re: once saved always saved

Post by Jay »

dolph wrote:Jay, forgive me for changing the subject but I noticed on your profile that you were employed by an oil company. Do you feel the chemicals oilmen come in contact with are a serious threat to their health as is often the case in natural gas drilling? What about the local water supply, is it harmed by the drilling?
They know that oil is a carcinogen. I worked around all kinds of nasty stuff, Hydrogen Sulfide probably was the greatest threat. It has killed a lot of people. The fire threat was always very real. I was involved in several pretty big fires over the years, one of them almost cooking my goose!

There is a discussion going on about fracking. I'm not so sure it really bothers the water table. The oil and gas we produce is usually so much deeper than the groundwater we drink that I don't see much of a problem. I worked for a "Water District" for a while and the only problem I saw with the oil and gas industry and groundwater was when one oil company drilled a well and didn't line their pits properly. The groundwater there is about 100 feet deep. Eventually the oil will reach the water table but probably not in my lifetime. I used to go by and test water out of a well there every few months or so and never saw a problem.

JayMc

Hebrews 10:35-36
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Here is a small snippet of what people preach and believe on many so called Christian boards regarding eternal security. This went on for about 14 pages in part 1. Then was re-opened as part 2 by one who supported the truth regarding OSAS.

Re: Scriptures that opposes OSAS Part 2

- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - ---
I wrote,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbark
It was said on the other thread that the unsaved and sinners can heal the sick and cast out devils because of what was claimed to have been done in Matthew 7:22. This is not so.
This is what some sinners will say to Jesus in trying to escape Hell but it is not stated in anywhere in Scripture, that unsaved sinners, workers of iniquity, as Jesus called them, actually did any of these things. No one can name one unsaved sinner who healed one sick person or cast out one devil.

This Scripture simply enforces the fact that, The "MANY" will be lost and "FEW" will be saved.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Matthew 7:22

How do we know that these people who said, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? did not do any such thing?

Because Jesus said next verse; "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matthew 7:23

You see, people who prophesy and who cast out demons cannot be working iniquity, or we could accuse the many who actually were prophets and who did cast out demons as workers of iniquity.

Many people mentioned in the Bible, who were once saved and had "received the Spirit" who had "begun in the Spirit" who were "redeemed and justified by faith," and who were "sons" of God by being made free from sin Galatians 3:2-4; 3:13; 24 Galatians 4:4-7 Galatians 5:1-26), FELL "from grace" and Christ became "OF NO EFFECT" unto them Galatians 5:4, 5. They were "removed from Him" and "from grace," so once in grace always in grace is not biblical unless one stays in grace Galatians 1:6 Galatians 3:1-5 Galatians 5:1-9 They were plainly told that to go back under the law and into sins of the flesh, meant to "frustrate [cause to fail, nullify, make void] the grace of God" and that in such case they were not in grace and would reap corruption Galatians 2:21; 5:1-9; 6:7, 8). They were told that if they built again the things of sin that were "once destroyed" they were transgressors and sinners (Galatians 2:17-18). They were taught that true eternal security was by walking in the spirit and not fulfilling the works of the flesh Galatians 5:16-26 Galatians 6:7, 8. Paul did not tell then that if they got in grace their responsibility as to sin was over. He accused them of falling from grace Galatians 5:4 so such must be possible.
Many other men who were formerly saved have gone back into sin and have been lost. This fact is clear from such statements as these: "some having put away concerning the faith have MADE SHIPWRECK. . . . he hath DENIED THE FAITH. . . . when they begin to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry; HAVING DAMNATION, BECAUSE they have CAST OFF THEIR FIRST FAITH . . . and TURNED ASIDE AFTER SATAN . . . But they that will FALL INTO TEMPTATION AND A SNARE, and INTO MANY FOOLISH AND HURTFUL LUSTS, WHICH DROWN MEN IN DESTRUCTION AND PERDITION. . . . they HAVE ERRED FROM THE FAITH. . . . and OVERTHRONE the FAITH OF SOME. . . . If God will preadventure give them REPENTANCE. . . . that they may RECOVER THEMSELVES OUT OF THE SNARE OF THE DEVIL" 1 Timothy 1:19, 20; 1 Timothy 5:8 1 Timothy 5:11-15, 20 1 Timothy 6:1, 10, 21 2 Timothy 2:18-16.

The reply from board admininsitrator and the assistants;
"I find it humorous that you are quoting from Galatians. It was written to believer who have been led astray by people like you. Read and take heed:

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Verse 7 describes people like you Ironbark, who attempt to trouble the saved. You pervert the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You preach another gospel and Paul has a strong warnig to you ironbark. Pay heed to his warning. "

What do you say to replies like that? Any ideas, or should I just totally give up?
Last edited by Ironman on Sun May 06, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Heres what the head Pastor said about my posts on OSAS,

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

You Ironbark, fight a losing battle against the security that is found in trusting Jesus as Savior. Since you believe that your works keep you saved, you will stand before God at the great white throne judgement and be judged out of the "books" according to your deeds. And then you will reap your just rewards. Take a look:

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

It's not too late for you to place your trust in Jesus for the payment of ALL your sins. Right now you have only placed your trust in your repentance and works to remain saved. Your belief in your own self righteousness to get to heaven is no different than any of the other religions of the world that teach your good works get you to heaven.

forHim. Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Richard
Pastor/Administrator

Awards Showcase

Total Awards: 7

- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - -- - - - ---

Ironbark wrote

And another by the pastor,

I wrote
It was said on the thread 1, that the unsaved and sinners can heal the sick and cast out devils and prophecy because of what was claimed to have been done in Matthew 7:22."

I said in reply that there in not one example of any sinner or unsaved person casting out devils, healing the sick, or preaching the Kingdome of God on Earth any where in Scripture. I said the statement in Matt. 7:22 was being said by people trying to get out of going to hell, because in the next verse Jesus calls them workers of iniquity, and workers of iniquity do not heal the sich, cast out devils, or preach the Kingdom!

Heres what the head pastor, the minister running the board said in reply.
"This is not the truth ironbark but is another attempt by you to set up doubt and confusion as to what the security of God’s salvation offered to all who will call on the name of Jesus as it says in Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. But you would instill doubt and judgment of ones salvation on principles that the scriptures don’t teach. In fact the scriptures themselves teach us that salvation is totally the choice of God and does not hinge on our will at all when Jesus said this in John 15:15-16 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."
There's just no answere to this, he is denying scripture and sincerly believes what he is preaching. I think I should just give up and leave it to him. There was only one out of the hundreds there who agreed with the Bible and said OSAS is false teaching. Haz.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Stay away from that lot Haz, they are very secure in their doctrine and happy to be the only ones that are correct.
you are butting your head up against a brick wall +hammer +hammer :neutral:

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:Stay away from that lot Haz, they are very secure in their doctrine and happy to be the only ones that are correct.
you are butting your head up against a brick wall +hammer +hammer :neutral:
Yes I will mate, thanks. Their pastor said earlier that I was preaching heretical doctrin? Quoting heretical doctrin by doing nothing more than quoting Scripture. He said I was satan disguised as an angel of light. I just told him I wont be coming back to the site again, see him on judgment day, and I hope before then he sees the light and God forgives him. If he stubornly continues on believing as he does OSA how do you believe God will judge one such as him? Dake says the OSAS doctrin is of satan.

Macca. He's back tracking this morning after I told him I'm not coming back. Heres what he said. he said he doesnt believe in OSAS, he now believes in eternal security, same thing if you ask em?

"Originally Posted by Pastor Richard
ironbark again you have know idea of what I beleive and are only reacting to doctrinal dribble. I do not believe in the doctrinal idea of Once Saved Always saved, I believe in the security of the believer as taught in the scriptures in John 15:15-16 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."

I told him to; "Go back a few scriptures and read where it says;"

"If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." John 15:10

Break a few commandments, fail to repent and see what happens if you die in sin. Keep the commandments, thats the condition, thats what this is about.