Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs there a literal Hell?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.

Is there a literal Hell?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 7

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Is there a literal Hell?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:29 pm
Actually the Lord does tell the punishment " Depart from me ye cursed INTO EVERLASTING FIRE PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS " Matthew 25 verse 41.
How does this verse tell the punishment? This text only states to depart into everlasting fire. There is nothing there about what the punishment is. Is the punishment heat from the fire, wind, sound, rocks, whips, chains, depravity, vexation, etc.? I know we can assume, however that does not make our assumption correct.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

If you do not believe in hell just say so.

I know its popular today to deny hell. :splat: :splat: :splat:

The Scriptures and Church history,the early fathers,Church tradition have taught a real literal awful fiery place called hell for over

2,000 ++ years.

I think that everlasting fire and everlasting punishment are the same thing in Matthew 25:31-46.

luchnia wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:46 am
branham1965 wrote:
Actually the Lord does tell the punishment " Depart from me ye cursed INTO EVERLASTING FIRE PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS " Matthew 25 verse 41.
How does this verse tell the punishment? This text only states to depart into everlasting fire. There is nothing there about what the punishment is. Is the punishment heat from the fire, wind, sound, rocks, whips, chains, depravity, vexation, etc.? I know we can assume, however that does not make our assumption correct.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:49 am

The Scriptures and Church history,the early fathers,Church tradition have taught a real literal awful fiery place called hell for over

2,000 ++ years.

I think that everlasting fire and everlasting punishment are the same thing in Matthew 25:31-46.
luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
Who doesn't believe (more like know) in hell and who is denying hell?

Scripture has much stated about hell. Taking verses out of context simply doesn't prove an assumption. The scriptures do not state what a lot of people add to them about hell which is not unusual. The devil did the same thing to Eve changing God's word and why would it be different now? The same deception is spoken of in God's word.

People are prone to conjecture and speculation about things and that isn't bad as long as they would openly admit they are assuming things about the scripture. At least you admit that you think that everlasting fire and everlasting punishment are the same thing from the one verse, whereas I think everlasting fire and everlasting punishment are very different things from various context.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

YOUR POSITION IS NOT ORTHODOX AT ALL.DO NOT TREAT ME AS THE HERETIC!!!

THERE IS A LITERAL BURNING HELL TO SHUN AND ITS TAUGHT IN THE WORD.YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO RIP IT OUT OF THE BIBLE!!!!

DO YOU HAVE A DAKE BIBLE????? READ PAGE 619 OF THE NOTES ON HELL.

quote=luchnia post_id=95159 time=1531824601 user_id=17729]
branham1965 wrote:

2,000 ++ years.

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

Scripture has much stated about hell. Taking verses out of context simply doesn't prove an assumption. The scriptures do not state what a lot of people add to them about hell which is not unusual. The devil did the same thing to Eve changing God's word and why would it be different now? The same deception is spoken of in God's word.

People are prone to conjecture and speculation about things and that isn't bad as long as they would openly admit they are assuming things about the scripture. At least you admit that you think that everlasting fire and everlasting punishment are the same thing from the one verse, whereas I think everlasting fire and everlasting punishment are very different things from various context.
[/quote]

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:31 am
YOUR POSITION IS NOT ORTHODOX AT ALL.DO NOT TREAT ME AS THE HERETIC!!!

THERE IS A LITERAL BURNING HELL TO SHUN AND ITS TAUGHT IN THE WORD.YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO RIP IT OUT OF THE BIBLE!!!!

DO YOU HAVE A DAKE BIBLE????? READ PAGE 619 OF THE NOTES ON HELL.

quote=luchnia post_id=95159 time=1531824601 user_id=17729]
branham1965 wrote:

2,000 ++ years.

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

[/quote]
I am guessing your post is in response to me since you included my post and I have NO clue as to why you are making false accusation against me.

I DO NOT deny hell, the lake of fire, brimstone, everlasting punishment, torments, etc., nor do I deny God's WORD on the subject of hell. I merely choose not to add to or subtract from or remove various text from context to prove an opinion I may have about hell. If I take a text out it is merely to discuss thoughts around it as it may relate to the subject.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

luchnia

i was wrong to write in caps.My bad.

I don't know if i understand your view.

+hammer