Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs there a literal Hell?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.

Is there a literal Hell?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 7

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Is there a literal Hell?

Post by Ironman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:21 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:24 am
That is what i was taught in Warren by my Pastor and it agrees with you Harry.

One thing people totally overlook about religion is 1 Timothy 4:1.

Things that deny the fundamental truths of the Word are from seducing spirits not just peoples imaginations.

Reverend Dake taught this in War on the Saints cf. DARB,BTU,GPFM.
Ironman wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:23 pm
Revelation 20:10 teaches that Satan will be cast into the Lake of Fire FOREVER, “And the devil that deceived them [the world] was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone [lava], where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”

Revelation 21:8, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the LAKE WHICH BURNETH WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTONE: which is the SECOND DEATH.”
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:06 pm

luchnia wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:30 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:06 pm
Eternal life is primarily a quality of life, not necessarily a duration.
Great point!

I think it is crucial to understanding the "what" about eternal life. The term "quality" or "value" of life is important. I also think of the term "living" when thinking about this.

An example to me is saved = life with God, whereas unsaved = life without God. Can you imagine being in a state of life without quality and apart from God? That separation being a place of torments.
Do you have any scriptural evidence to suggest that punishment in the afterlife for the unregenerate may not be eternal?

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE
— Luke 12:4-5 King James Version —
"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, fear Him."

luchnia
The Lord Jesus Christ Has Received All Power in Heaven and in Earth

Post by luchnia » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:32 pm

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:06 pm
luchnia wrote:
Great point!

I think it is crucial to understanding the "what" about eternal life. The term "quality" or "value" of life is important. I also think of the term "living" when thinking about this.

An example to me is saved = life with God, whereas unsaved = life without God. Can you imagine being in a state of life without quality and apart from God? That separation being a place of torments.
Do you have any scriptural evidence to suggest that punishment in the afterlife for the unregenerate may not be eternal?
No, I don't have scripture to prove either side of this issue. If anyone has some to share it would be nice to see it. Most of what folks have posted is out of context or really does not apply. Everything else seems to be guessing game.

Word up!

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm

luchnia wrote:
Great point!

Unregenerate definition
not regenerate; not renewed in heart and mind or reborn in spirit; unrepentant: an unregenerate sinner. 2. refusing to believe in the existence of God: an unregenerate atheist; an unregenerate skeptic.

Hell was created to the devil and his angels. It is a place of eternal torment. All of the above will end up there if they remain unregenerated at the time of their death.

Matthew 25:41, Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:10 pm

luchnia wrote:
Great point!

luchnia wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:32 pm
No, I don't have scripture to prove either side of this issue. If anyone has some to share it would be nice to see it. Most of what folks have posted is out of context or really does not apply. Everything else seems to be guessing game.

Why doesn't this verse resolve the question as to whether or not there is everlasting punishment?
Matthew 25:46 King James Version
"And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE
"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, fear Him."

rstrats
Mark

Post by rstrats » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:59 pm

Spiritblade Disciple,
re: "Why doesn't this verse resolve the question as to whether or not there is everlasting punishment? Matthew 25:46 King James Version 'And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.'"

It does. But what it doesn't resolve is what the punishment is.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Actually the Lord does tell the punishment " Depart from me ye cursed INTO EVERLASTING FIRE PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS " Matthew 25 verse 41.

rstrats wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:59 pm
Spiritblade Disciple,
re: "Why doesn't this verse resolve the question as to whether or not there is everlasting punishment? Matthew 25:46 King James Version 'And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.'"

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:40 am

Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:10 pm

Why doesn't this verse resolve the question as to whether or not there is everlasting punishment?
Matthew 25:46 King James Version
"And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."
I don't think there is a question as to whether or not there is everlasting punishment, especially for those mentioned in the context of the noted verse that were they did not give to the little ones.

We all should know there is everlasting punishment, but we do not know the details as they are not listed anywhere.
Last edited by luchnia on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:46 am

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:29 pm
Actually the Lord does tell the punishment " Depart from me ye cursed INTO EVERLASTING FIRE PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS " Matthew 25 verse 41.
How does this verse tell the punishment? This text only states to depart into everlasting fire. There is nothing there about what the punishment is. Is the punishment heat from the fire, wind, sound, rocks, whips, chains, depravity, vexation, etc.? I know we can assume, however that does not make our assumption correct.

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:01 pm

rstrats wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:59 pm
Spiritblade Disciple,

I think it is safe to say that it is according to one's works and includes fire, a lack of water, and undying worm personally assigned to the person, and other punishments.

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE