Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: IS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:03 am

Ironman wrote:Again here are Sixty-Seven Scriptural References Which Tell Us That It Is the Sun And Not the Earth That Moves.

Can you show us even half, 33.5 Scriptures which proves the earth is flat or even 16.75? Maybe 8.75? :lol!:

I have no problem with the verses that show a stationary Earth. That's not a problem for me (and neither is gravity).

And, I've already presented plenty of scriptural evidence for the Flat Stationary Earth.

http://testingtheglobe.com/bible.html

THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
      And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
        — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Ironman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:I believe in gravity because nothing falls of the Earth. Every thing on the Earth is drawn to the earth. Like I said, jump out of a plane and see for yourself. I believe the "ROUND" Earth is the centre of the universe and everything we see around us is rotating around the Earth. I believe this because I cannot see why God would leave Heaven after renewing the Earth with fire, and establishing a New Heaven and a New Earth and bring His city to this Earth and make this His home and headquarters and His headquarters be some speck in the milky way galaxy rotating around the sun?

Do you believe that Earth is the most massive thing in the universe? . . . . . "NO."

A true believer in gravity would have to believe that Earth is the most massive thing in the universe to believe that it is stationary and that the sun, moon, and stars all revolve around it. That would mean that Jupiter is actually much smaller than Earth. In fact, the planet Heaven would also have to be much smaller than Earth and revolving around the earth for Earth to remain stationary. . . . . . . "I don't believe any of that."

If you cannot accept that, then I cannot accept that you believe in gravity.
. . . "I don't really care what you accept.

I also don't believe Jesus is a door, a rock, or a stone, but I believe Jesus exists.

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Ironman wrote:Again here are Sixty-Seven Scriptural References Which Tell Us That It Is the Sun And Not the Earth That Moves.

Can you show us even half, 33.5 Scriptures which proves the earth is flat or even 16.75? Maybe 8.75? :lol!:

I have no problem with the verses that show a stationary Earth. That's not a problem for me (and neither is gravity).

And, I've already presented plenty of scriptural evidence for the Flat Stationary Earth.

None of that presentation impresses me at all. The Earth is round, not flat. Lets just agree to disagree.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:32 pm

Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:I believe in gravity because nothing falls of the Earth. Every thing on the Earth is drawn to the earth. Like I said, jump out of a plane and see for yourself. I believe the "ROUND" Earth is the centre of the universe and everything we see around us is rotating around the Earth. I believe this because I cannot see why God would leave Heaven after renewing the Earth with fire, and establishing a New Heaven and a New Earth and bring His city to this Earth and make this His home and headquarters and His headquarters be some speck in the milky way galaxy rotating around the sun?

Do you believe that Earth is the most massive thing in the universe?
Ironman wrote: . . . . . "NO."

A true believer in gravity would have to believe that Earth is the most massive thing in the universe to believe that it is stationary and that the sun, moon, and stars all revolve around it. That would mean that Jupiter is actually much smaller than Earth. In fact, the planet Heaven would also have to be much smaller than Earth and revolving around the earth for Earth to remain stationary.
Ironman wrote: . . . . . . "I don't believe any of that."

If you cannot accept that, then I cannot accept that you believe in gravity.
. . . "I don't really care what you accept.

I also don't believe Jesus is a door, a rock, or a stone, but I believe Jesus exists.

Well, you don't believe in gravity. You only think you do.

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Ironman wrote:

None of that presentation impresses me at all. The Earth is round, not flat. Lets just agree to disagree.

Enjoy.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Dake's God's Plan for Man Page 557.

5. That the Bible plainly says that the Earth is round.

See Isa. 40:22. When "four corners" are mentioned it means four quarters of directions (Isa. 11;11-12; Matt. 24:31; Rev. 7:1-3).

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Where does the Bible plainly say that the earth is round?

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:33 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Where does the Bible plainly say that the earth is round?

Isiah 40: 22, It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Circle Hebrew, "chug," translated circle (v, 22); circuit (Job 22:14, Thick clouds are a covering to him, that he seeth not; and he walketh in the circuit of heaven.) and compass (Pr. 8:27, When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:).

This word in our Bible revealed that the Earth was round, long before men in general believed it was so. Dake Bible Page 1185.

Where does the Bible plainly say that the Earth is flat?

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:05 pm

'Chug' doesn't mean spherical or globe-shaped. 'Qal' would be the Hebrew word you're looking for.

'Chug' is a flat circle, like a plate.

All this has already been covered in this thread and at:

Also, this verse is helpful:

Revelation 20:9 King James Version
      And they went up on the BREADTH [platos] of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

According to Strong's, the Greek for 'breadth' in this verse is platos, which is the same word we get our English word 'plate' from. It is from a root meaning 'flat.' So, essentially, they went up on the flat earth.

http://robschannel.com/across-the-flat- ... -the-earth

Rob Skiba wrote:Once again, I have to say, like it or not, believe it or not, accept it or not, the proof that your Bible is a flat Earth book from Job/Genesis to Revelation is undeniable.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:54 am

Does by chance denying the Holocaust in World War II AND the murder of 6 million Jews affect ones perception of the true universe????

I must say yes!!!!

Roger
are you a HOLOCAUST denier?????????

If so why would anyone believe you for a minute???

I am curious what others here think of the HOLOCAUST.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”