Current Events & News Items & JokesAustralian senator Lee Rhiannon calls for parliament to ditch ‘insulting’ Lord’s Prayer.

A forum for discussing news items and current events and Jokes.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Australian senator Lee Rhiannon calls for parliament to ditch ‘insulting’ Lord’s Prayer.

Postby Ironman » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:50 pm

We sure are heading for a great apostasy. The Lord's Prayer "INSULTING ?"

Australian senator Lee Rhiannon calls for parliament to ditch ‘insulting’ Lord’s Prayer.

EMBATTLED Greens Senator Lee Rhiannon has revealed she will fight to stop the federal parliament from opening every day with the prayer.

Her push to ditch the 114-year-old tradition comes after the census showed nearly a third of Australians identify with no religion.

Rhiannon, who raised the issue in the NSW parliament in 2003, instead wants a moment’s silence for MPs to reflect on their responsibilities, and will pursue the change when parliament resumes from the winter break.

“It is actually insulting the way parliament is opened,” she told ABC Insiders on Sunday. “Considering there’s many people who aren’t religious, there’s many people of different faiths, it is time we started having an institution that is relevant to the 21st century.”

Her remarks follow a decision by the party room to exclude her from discussion on contentious legislation after a rift emerged over her campaigning on schools funding.

Rhiannon said she was disappointed in Greens leader Richard Di Natale and the decision to lock her out of the party room. “You need to lead for everybody and it is not just me locked out of the party room, the Greens New South Wales members no longer have a voice in the party room,” she said. “Isn’t it time to make the party more democratic for members so they can have a vote for the leader?”

http://www.news.com.au/national/lee-rhi ... 4d37b9296b

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Return to “Current Events & News Items & Jokes”